SIGNED - Pavel Pogrebnyak

1333 posts
royalZILLAAA

Re: RUMOUR - Pavel Pogrebnyak

by royalZILLAAA » 26 Jun 2012 22:40

Super Kevin Bremner! Groundhog Day. TSI Blah blah blah. Chill the fcuk people. If it happens it happens!

Pretty much exactly how I feel, everyone wants this transfer finalised yesterday.
I'm being patient and feeling like I'm better than everyone else for it.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Jun 2012 22:57

Only one Trevor Morley
Friday's Legacy I don't know, but it will have been a short-term visa. Perhaps they are easier to get through.

Pog's visa came through this afternoon. Hopefully announced before the end of the week then, unless there are any other things to tie up..

Surely reading will announce that first thing tomorrow UNLESS there are other things to tie up. Its not as though we signed him 3 days before Xmas but waiting for Xmas day (unless present is wrapped in new reading shirt!). Seriously though if work permit through and no outstanding issues then I can't see why we delay. If reading do delay then visa a smokescreen. Common sense...

Would be my thinking also. I haven't heard of anything like Bennno has said, but a delay beyond Thursday would make you wonder if he is right. We will see.

blythspartan
Friday's Legacy I don't know, but it will have been a short-term visa. Perhaps they are easier to get through.

Pog's visa came through this afternoon. Hopefully announced before the end of the week then, unless there are any other things to tie up..

FL if you had to give this deal a % in terms of it happening what would it be?

If we were only waiting for the visa then we should be there. If there is something else going on that we don't know about then I dread to think.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Jun 2012 23:03

winchester_royal
Lolwut. So your contact told you there were some 'odd' parts to the deal and left it at that?

I really can't be arsed to write down the conversation verbatim, but pretty much. Think what you want, especially as I can't mention any names, but I dont post much and certainly not with the bullshit rumours, but people involved with running clubs talk to each other and the feeling was that this deal was a little strange. Any further discussion was met with no comment, as also people who are "genuinely" in football circles don't talk that loosely. Despite what some ITK posters might suggest otherwise.

Also he seemed to think that gylfi to spurs was a done deal (do we know that yet?). Primarily based on a preference of London over Liverpool. And a bigger wage.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Jun 2012 23:07

Yorkshire Royal
winchester_royal
Lolwut. So your contact told you there were some 'odd' parts to the deal and left it at that?

I really can't be arsed to write down the conversation verbatim, but pretty much. Think what you want, especially as I can't mention any names, but I dont post much and certainly not with the bullshit rumours, but people involved with running clubs talk to each other and the feeling was that this deal was a little strange. Any further discussion was met with no comment, as also people who are "genuinely" in football circles don't talk that loosely. Despite what some ITK posters might suggest otherwise.

Also he seemed to think that gylfi to spurs was a done deal (do we know that yet?). Primarily based on a preference of London over Liverpool. And a bigger wage.

Perhaps, but I hardly think we'd be going around telling other clubs what we were doing especially if it was stuff that would make fans feel uneasy.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 26 Jun 2012 23:11

Friday's Legacy
Only one Trevor Morley

Surely reading will announce that first thing tomorrow UNLESS there are other things to tie up. Its not as though we signed him 3 days before Xmas but waiting for Xmas day (unless present is wrapped in new reading shirt!). Seriously though if work permit through and no outstanding issues then I can't see why we delay. If reading do delay then visa a smokescreen. Common sense...

Would be my thinking also. I haven't heard of anything like Bennno has said, but a delay beyond Thursday would make you wonder if he is right. We will see.

[quote="blythspartan"][quote="Friday's Legacy"]

ok so you know the visa has arrived but you don't know if there is anything else we are awaiting... I just find it strange that you have a source that is all over the detail of the visa but can't shed any light on whether we now have green light. There can only be so many people who know about the deal so odd that your source only knows about the visa

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Jun 2012 23:14

Only one Trevor Morley
ok so you know the visa has arrived but you don't know if there is anything else we are awaiting... I just find it strange that you have a source that is all over the detail of the visa but can't shed any light on whether we now have green light. There can only be so many people who know about the deal so odd that your source only knows about the visa

You have a PM.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 26 Jun 2012 23:21

Yorkshire Royal I don't have any contacts at Reading, but do at another prem league club. There is something very, very odd with this deal. And not just the big signing on fee. It leaves me feeling very uneasy.

No negativity allowed here. No posts questioning the wisdom of this move are welcome.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jun 2012 23:29

No, sensible ones based on something are welcome for consideration.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 26 Jun 2012 23:34

Ian Royal No, sensible ones based on something are welcome for consideration.

Stop picking on YR's "uneasy feeling", you cyberbrute.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Jun 2012 23:45

Ian Royal No, sensible ones based on something are welcome for consideration.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 26 Jun 2012 23:49

:cynics eunanimous fistbump:

themadstad

by themadstad » 26 Jun 2012 23:56

So Pogrebnyak isn't likely to be joining us?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Jun 2012 23:58

As mentioned before, perhaps it's a case of waiting for the new kit to be announced, so that he's photographed with it. It may be that the deal is done and signed, but the news hasn't yet been released. Just a thought.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 26 Jun 2012 23:58

themadstad So Pogrebnyak isn't likely to be joining us?

Jonny will reveal all tomorrow...

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 27 Jun 2012 00:00

The new kit is likely to be unveiled on Friday.
If it isn't with The Pog, Rhodes or Gylfi modelling it then it bloody well better be Mrs Anton Z or we'll be the laughing stock of the EPL.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Jun 2012 00:09

TheLawnMowerMan The new kit is likely to be unveiled on Friday.
If it isn't with The Pog, Rhodes or Gylfi modelling it then it bloody well better be Mrs Anton Z or we'll be the laughing stock of the EPL.

+1 for Mrs Z modeling new kit.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 27 Jun 2012 03:04

i cant wait to see the new kit. it would be awesome to see pog and rhodes holding it with a double signing! if only it was gylfi holding the new shirt though :cry:

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 27 Jun 2012 03:50

Royal Ginger

naked

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 27 Jun 2012 07:37

royalsteve
Royal Ginger

naked

paint the new kit on her :wink:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 27 Jun 2012 07:40

NattMiles paint the new kit on her :wink:

Maybe they could run a competition to win the rights to do the painting??? Or maybe they could charge £15 to have your photo taken with her :lol:

1333 posts