The Graduates

Optimist

The Graduates

by Optimist » 03 Jul 2012 18:01

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 12,00.html

Six academy graduates signed pro contracts today. Michael Hector is the only one given two years, which clearly suggests the club agree with what Lawrie Sanchez said and they rate him very highly. Who do you reckon will be the next Pearce/Jem/HRK/etc and who will we never see?

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

Re: The Graduates

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 03 Jul 2012 18:02

Any reason why Santangelo hasn't signed?

Optimist

by Optimist » 03 Jul 2012 18:06

Apparently his contract expired last month but I can't find anything about him being released or having a renewal.

TheRoyalJoe

by TheRoyalJoe » 03 Jul 2012 18:26

It will be interesting to see how Hector does, he has been tipped for big things.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 03 Jul 2012 20:06

History shows that they have a slim chance of making it as a top flight player even after having achieved this much, although Hector does seem to be one of the pick of the crop.
Let's hope that at least a couple do make it into our Premier League squad in a few years time and that the rest at least have a decent career.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 03 Jul 2012 20:08

Was Hector generally liked by Barnet fans?

Didn't he have a bust-up of some kind with one of his teammates? McLeod possibly?

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 03 Jul 2012 20:09

Saaaaaaaammmmmm Any reason why Santangelo hasn't signed?

Aren't we allowed 3 players to return as overage players for the U18s? Or am I confused?
Maybe we've signed Henly and want to give Santangelo another year in the u18s?

Great to see a true Royals fan in Nick Arnold. Had a season ticket since before he was scouted.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 03 Jul 2012 20:55

Saaaaaaaammmmmm Any reason why Santangelo hasn't signed?

Let's hope he hasn't left - it appears he's a Swiss national. If that is correct do his folks still live there?
With any luck he's just taking a bit more time before signing up, although it is very difficult to break through at RFC as a goalkeeper at the moment. If we had the same strength in all positions it would be very very interesting.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Jul 2012 21:16

Blakey's Right Peg Was Hector generally liked by Barnet fans?

Didn't he have a bust-up of some kind with one of his teammates? McLeod possibly?

Yeh cos he didn't think the guy was pulling his weight in a match iirc

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 03 Jul 2012 21:44

ZacNaloen
Blakey's Right Peg Was Hector generally liked by Barnet fans?

Yeh cos he didn't think the guy was pulling his weight in a match iirc

Barnet fans took Hector's side. He was very well liked by the fans. Worth noting he was played as a fullback and sometimes even as a holding midfielder despite being a CB by trade. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Portugal with the 1st team, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he's the fourth choice CB for next year (behind Pearce, Gorkss and another).

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Jul 2012 22:34

Partridge is a very good centre back. He and Hector are the two best centre backs we've produced since Pearce IMO.

Arnold is highly rated, but he's had serious injury problems. Hopefully he comes back as good as he was this time last year. Cummins really likes him.

Webb is functional, he knows his job and he does it, but our first team aren't playing like our youth teams yet so he might struggle to break in here, and other clubs might not want a player like him. Also, I think Liam Kelly is going to be a much better player.

I haven't seen much of Lossaso. We have an excellent record at developing young goalkeepers so Henly might well make it.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Jul 2012 23:31

Lossaso's a name that's been thrown around a fair bit, i think he's another one that the club's fairly proud of. Don't forget we signed up Dominic Sammuel in December. I'm looking Looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Jul 2012 23:31

SCIAG Partridge is a very good centre back. He and Hector are the two best centre backs we've produced since Pearce IMO0.

This time last year it was all about Jack Mills. These things change quickly.........

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Jul 2012 23:38

Was Arnold the RB for the development squad game against Woking last year - if so he was our best that night

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 04 Jul 2012 10:03

maffff
SCIAG Partridge is a very good centre back. He and Hector are the two best centre backs we've produced since Pearce IMO0.

This time last year it was all about Jack Mills. These things change quickly.........

Indeed, if you remember Sigurdsson's breakthrough season, it looked in preseason like it was going to be Scott Davies' season! Scoring a freekick against Petr Cech. A year later he's playing for Crawley (and struggling to get in the team?). It changed v quickly for him.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Jul 2012 10:39

maffff

Impressing the academy != Impressing in your league club loan. Clearly.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 04 Jul 2012 10:45

Hector was highly rated by Barnet fans, his bust up with a teammate was him vocalising on the pitch what all their fans had been saying off it. Slightly naive but nothing he won't learn from.

I really rate Arnold, think he has a lot of potential and was unfortunate with injuries last year. Hope he gets a loan to a good club playing at a decent level this year

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Jul 2012 12:10

maffff

If you look at my posts a year or two ago then you'll see I was very pessimistic about Mills and MacDonald, whilst everyone was raving about our England u19 internationals (LOL @ Noel Blake) I was saying Hector was more likely to make it in the Football League. I was right about Mills, and whilst the jury is out on MacDonald I think he'll be gone in a year.

Arnold was indeed the right back against Woking.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 04 Jul 2012 12:38

SCIAG, out of interest are you a dedicated fan or do you have some other interest linking you to the club? You do seem to have had some insight to the academy over the years.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jul 2012 12:43

From what I've heard the club are more excited about the 2 groups below these guys. Players like Tanner/Kuhl/Fosu-Henry are highly thought of.