melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Fans Forum on Thursday

by melonhead » 06 Sep 2012 14:25

Platypuss
LoyalRoyalFan NOBODY WANTS THE oxf*rd CLAPPERS

Patently and demonstrably not true.

agreed

thought the idea of leaving them in the concourses for those that wanted worked well.
us dinosaurs will just have to get used to the idea that fotball, and football crowds are no longer what they used to be

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Sep 2012 14:30

i dont really care for, or about STAR, since they seem an irrelevance to me as a fan, and basically an overblown travel organisation.

but this:

I am sure a lot on here will not sympathise but it is the posts such as many on this thread that is the reason the rest of the STAR Board are not willing to post on here. There are not enough masochists on the Board to take on the constant abuse and negativity here.

There will be efforts to communicate elsewhere in the RFC universe but not here.

is a bit of a disgrace, in my opinion.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Sep 2012 14:42

Yep - dissing this hallowed part of cyberspace is a step too far.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 06 Sep 2012 14:44

To read some of the posts on here you would think STAR is in fact an over-zealous splinter cell left over from the NKVD.

They organize coaches and get to feel slightly important by chatting to the stand in left back and Brian every now and again.

The vast majority of moaners could not even be bothered to do this for that return.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Sep 2012 16:50

as the fans organisation, i just thought that conversing with, and representing the fans should really be what they are all about

is all

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 06 Sep 2012 17:40

STAR in doing themselves no favours shock.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Sep 2012 18:39

melonhead as the fans organisation, i just thought that conversing with, and representing the fans should really be what they are all about

is all

In a nutshell. If they were to be a bit more proactive on these boards, comment on people's gripes and say "do you want us to bring this up for you?" or whatever and then let us know what happens, there would be far more people inclined to pay them £10 in my opinion. I don't mean that anytime someone has a moan, that STAR should intervene - but there have been times where there's been a great long thread on a particular point and, I don't mind betting that some of the contributors to those threads also happen to be members of STAR in any case. Take "hoops all round" for instance. I have no idea whether STAR have presented an argument to the club in favour of a new kit having hoops all round or not, but it would be great to know one way or the other. If they have, then they do themselves a dis-service in not mentioning it on the appropriate thread. If they have and the club have wilfully ignored them, then I would suggest that it is every fan's right to know that the club have ignored STAR on this subject. If they haven't ever approached the club to convey what a lot of fans feel about the kit, then perhaps they should have done before now?

For all that I'm perceived to be a moaner on here, (and yeah I do comment on a lot of things!), I think having an organisation like STAR could be a good thing, I just don't think it's implemented effectively sometimes.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 06 Sep 2012 18:54

Royal Lady
melonhead as the fans organisation, i just thought that conversing with, and representing the fans should really be what they are all about

is all

In a nutshell. If they were to be a bit more proactive on these boards, comment on people's gripes and say "do you want us to bring this up for you?" or whatever and then let us know what happens, there would be far more people inclined to pay them £10 in my opinion. I don't mean that anytime someone has a moan, that STAR should intervene - but there have been times where there's been a great long thread on a particular point and, I don't mind betting that some of the contributors to those threads also happen to be members of STAR in any case. Take "hoops all round" for instance. I have no idea whether STAR have presented an argument to the club in favour of a new kit having hoops all round or not, but it would be great to know one way or the other. If they have, then they do themselves a dis-service in not mentioning it on the appropriate thread. If they have and the club have wilfully ignored them, then I would suggest that it is every fan's right to know that the club have ignored STAR on this subject. If they haven't ever approached the club to convey what a lot of fans feel about the kit, then perhaps they should have done before now?

For all that I'm perceived to be a moaner on here, (and yeah I do comment on a lot of things!), I think having an organisation like STAR could be a good thing, I just don't think it's implemented effectively sometimes.

I'm not going to argue very much on that, except to say that I don't think it's unreasonable that STAR ask someone to actually let them know who they are before they'll take their issue up, which is one of the main points raised and disputed. Due to the number of trolls and WUMs on here that seems perfectly reasonable to me.

If someone feels strongly enough about an issue to want something done about it then is it really too much to ask for them to send an email rather than just put an anonymous post on here in the expectation that someone will pick it up?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 06 Sep 2012 19:00

Royal Lady

is all

Last edited by Alexander Litvinenko on 06 Sep 2012 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Sep 2012 19:03

Well, it would be easy for them to ask those who want the matter taken up to PM them with their real names, so that STAR can give credence to any argument or whatever they put forward to the club. But they haven't done that, and it looks like they won't be doing that in future. I'm not talking specifically about one person complaining about something, more that one says something and a few more add to a thread with a similar gripe or whatever. Hence, "hoops round the shirt" - of course there is a difference of opinion, but I would say the majority of people who contributed to that thread would have liked "hoops all around" - STAR could have used that information, together with canvassing their own membership and put forward a good argument for "hoops round the shirt" in my opinion. But as I say, whether they ever did that or not, I couldn't say. I certainly don't remember anyone from STAR commenting on it, but I might be wrong - I just think that is the very sort of thing that STAR should be representing all fans on and, as a consequence, informing fans via social media about the results of their conversations with the club. If STAR have spoken to the club and the club have ignored STAR's representations to them, I think a lot of people would be siding with STAR and questioning the club as to why they are ignoring them on something which affects the fans directly. Just my opinion and the usual suspects will accuse me of "moaning" but there is a finite difference between airing your opinions, often at odds with the majority, and just plain "moaning" imo.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 06 Sep 2012 21:24

Royal Lady Well, it would be easy for them to ask those who want the matter taken up to PM them with their real names, so that STAR can give credence to any argument or whatever they put forward to the club. But they haven't done that, and it looks like they won't be doing that in future. I'm not talking specifically about one person complaining about something, more that one says something and a few more add to a thread with a similar gripe or whatever. Hence, "hoops round the shirt" - of course there is a difference of opinion, but I would say the majority of people who contributed to that thread would have liked "hoops all around" - STAR could have used that information, together with canvassing their own membership and put forward a good argument for "hoops round the shirt" in my opinion. But as I say, whether they ever did that or not, I couldn't say. I certainly don't remember anyone from STAR commenting on it, but I might be wrong - I just think that is the very sort of thing that STAR should be representing all fans on and, as a consequence, informing fans via social media about the results of their conversations with the club. If STAR have spoken to the club and the club have ignored STAR's representations to them, I think a lot of people would be siding with STAR and questioning the club as to why they are ignoring them on something which affects the fans directly. Just my opinion and the usual suspects will accuse me of "moaning" but there is a finite difference between airing your opinions, often at odds with the majority, and just plain "moaning" imo.

I think you'll find Star did comment - basically Star mention it every year to the club, but the club just do what they want anyway

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 06 Sep 2012 21:48

I'd like to see STAR use their Twitter feed better. They don't post often and Twitter gives them a real opportunity to communicate with fans outside STAR, let us know what they do, and generate new members.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Sep 2012 22:34

Aside from coaches, that I never use, a fans forums, I can never attend, and a membership card, and I've not collected, what have I actually paid for?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Sep 2012 23:00

Anyone know what was said?

Davezk

by Davezk » 06 Sep 2012 23:01

Royal Lady Well, it would be easy for them to ask those who want the matter taken up to PM them with their real names, so that STAR can give credence to any argument or whatever they put forward to the club. But they haven't done that, and it looks like they won't be doing that in future. I'm not talking specifically about one person complaining about something, more that one says something and a few more add to a thread with a similar gripe or whatever. Hence, "hoops round the shirt" - of course there is a difference of opinion, but I would say the majority of people who contributed to that thread would have liked "hoops all around" - STAR could have used that information, together with canvassing their own membership and put forward a good argument for "hoops round the shirt" in my opinion. But as I say, whether they ever did that or not, I couldn't say. I certainly don't remember anyone from STAR commenting on it, but I might be wrong - I just think that is the very sort of thing that STAR should be representing all fans on and, as a consequence, informing fans via social media about the results of their conversations with the club. If STAR have spoken to the club and the club have ignored STAR's representations to them, I think a lot of people would be siding with STAR and questioning the club as to why they are ignoring them on something which affects the fans directly. Just my opinion and the usual suspects will accuse me of "moaning" but there is a finite difference between airing your opinions, often at odds with the majority, and just plain "moaning" imo.

Paragraphs or enter is what I'd moan about right now.

Davezk

by Davezk » 06 Sep 2012 23:02

maffff Aside from coaches, that I never use, a fans forums, I can never attend, and a membership card, and I've not collected, what have I actually paid for?

Danny Guthrie's transfer fee.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Sep 2012 23:07

(the upkeep of) Jamie Curetons' personal Star

Davezk

by Davezk » 06 Sep 2012 23:11

Darren Caskey's pie fund.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 06 Sep 2012 23:46

Royal Lady In a nutshell.

Not sure you've quite grasped the meaning of that phrase.

193 posts