Mcanuff - Undroppable ??

moonwalklikebas

Mcanuff - Undroppable ??

by moonwalklikebas » 16 Sep 2012 21:19

Easily our weakest link today. Tracking back was awful. No desire. No fire in the belly.
Is he undroppable? Was our weakest player today and wasnt subbed?

As a captain, losing 1-0 your meant to inspire your team. You dont inspire a team with lack of effort.
He doesnt work hard enough for a captain and doesnt work hard enough to earn a place in the starting 11.

There will be some people that agree and many that disagree but when Hal came on he turned it up, ran at the defence, got some balls in, tracked back and scored.

When Jimmy is back I would start G-Mac and Kebe/Hal. I cant see Jobi getting near the team, but it seems he is undroppable, and therfore will play all be it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Mcanuff - Undroppable ??

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2012 21:21

Must of been you texting into Radio Berkshire then!!

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 16 Sep 2012 21:38

I said it in another thread (in fact you pinched my copyright), but I can't see him being dropped.

If BM dropped him, it would shoot his confidence to shlt. Its been said 1000 times, but he shouldn't have been skipper in the first place. A nice guy but not a natural leader and as someone who has always possessed the ability to go missing in games, we now find ourselves backed in to a corner.
Last edited by CayeneMatt on 16 Sep 2012 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Sep 2012 21:44

moonwalklikebas Easily our weakest link today. Tracking back was awful. No desire. No fire in the belly.

As a captain, losing 1-0 your meant to inspire your team. You dont inspire a team with lack of effort.
He doesnt work hard enough for a captain and doesnt work hard enough to earn a place in the starting 11.

There will be some people that agree and many that disagree but when Hal came on he turned it up, ran at the defence, got some balls in, tracked back and scored.

When Jimmy is back I would start G-Mac and Kebe/Hal. I cant see Jobi getting near the team, but it seems he is undroppable, and therfore will play all be it.

He was piss poor along with Harte

Divvy

by Divvy » 16 Sep 2012 21:55

Tamworth_Royal
moonwalklikebas Easily our weakest link today. Tracking back was awful. No desire. No fire in the belly.

He was piss poor along with Harte

Yep, the left side is a real problem for us. I've also felt Leigertwood is struggling at this level.

Sadly, this side vastly over-performed last season, and it was largely the team spirit/unity that got us where we are. There are 4-5 first teamers that aren't good enough for this level, but Brian wants to give them a chance, and worst still, we have worse players on the bench or squad pushing these players. If we survive this year it will be a near miracle. I just can't see it with this squad.

Shorey has no pace, so get Cummings in at right-back and move Gunter to left-back, or the other way around. There's even Mariappa who has played right-back before, allowing Gunter to swap sides, or Maps goes left.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Sep 2012 21:58

^ f11ck sake we are three games in

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 16 Sep 2012 22:14

AthleticoSpizz ^ f11ck sake we are three games in

This. And although Leigertwood hasn't had one of his masterclassed yet he hasn't had a poor game by any means

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 16 Sep 2012 22:30

AthleticoSpizz ^ f11ck sake we are three games in

+100000000000000000000000000000

shut up u oxf*rd morons !!!

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 16 Sep 2012 22:35

No worse than the rest today - If McAnuff could shoot he'd be dangerous

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 16 Sep 2012 23:00

WE NEVER START SEASONS WELL. We also played Spurs and Chelsea in our first 3 games. We'll get better!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Sep 2012 23:29

M U R T Y

No worse than the rest today - If McAnuff could shoot he'd be dangerous

We were played off the park by a very good side but this is another laughable observation. McAnuff was anonymous for almost the entire match whereas others did noticeably better.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Sep 2012 07:29

McAnuff was more worried about Kyle Walker than Walker being worried about McAuff.

The onetime McAuff got the ball wide on the left 30 minutes in he beat Walker no problem and got the cross in.

The game Reading play is one dimensional all down the right wing to McCleary, so McAnuff end up looking sh*t with his effort and tracking back not noticed.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 17 Sep 2012 07:39

Maybe so but other players managed to make a 3 yard pass from throw in or control the ball

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 17 Sep 2012 07:46

urz13 Maybe so but other players managed to make a 3 yard pass from throw in or control the ball

Statistically McAnuff had the passing pass completion percentage yesterday. Only him and Leigertwood were over 80%

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 17 Sep 2012 07:54

Wimb
urz13 Maybe so but other players managed to make a 3 yard pass from throw in or control the ball

Statistically McAnuff had the passing pass completion percentage yesterday. Only him and Leigertwood were over 80%

Probabaly becuase he only made about 5 passes all game

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 17 Sep 2012 08:15

urz13
Wimb

Probabaly becuase he only made about 5 passes all game

Kinda....

17/20 accurate passes from McAnuff
36/45 Leigertwood

McCleary was 16/21

Will have a few more stats based musings later on the Tilehurst End *shamelessplug* Not that stats show the whole story but some decent numbers to backup the general consensus from yesterday.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 17 Sep 2012 09:33

Good statage

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 17 Sep 2012 09:37

Its easy to have good passing stats when you try any balls. I could get 80% pass accuracy if i didnt attempt any through balls.
17/20 with all 20 passes being 2 yards, most commonly back to Gunter! Who by the way is getting exposed to Mcanuff's lack of effort and back-tracking.

Kebe Cummings

by Kebe Cummings » 17 Sep 2012 09:52

36/45 Leigertwood

McCleary was 16/21

Will have a few more stats based musings later on the Tilehurst End *shamelessplug* Not that stats show the whole story but some decent numbers to backup the general consensus from yesterday.[/quote]

Not surprising statistic. 17 passes back to defenders and 3 (missed) forward

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 17 Sep 2012 10:22

Wimb
Kinda....

36/45 Leigertwood

McCleary was 16/21

What site do you get the stats from Wimb?