Relegation the Reading Way

542 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation the Reading Way

by floyd__streete » 22 Jan 2013 13:00

LOL @ getting rattled by SDR. How very 2001.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 22 Jan 2013 13:05

Not rattLOLed in the slightest. Just think he's struggling in the final death throes of his own hyperbolic persona.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Jan 2013 15:32

Ian Royal
melonhead
Sir Dodger Royal Can't you read boyo. Money In - Money Out = Net spend/income.

Over last two seasons RFC have made a Profit on transfers

These RTGs have no Brain Cellssssssssss

when was the last time we sold a player for any decent money again?

Shane Long. Start of last season.

£6m?

So in the last two seasons:
Leigertwood ~£800k (arguably spent at the end of the previous season I 'spose)
Gorkss ~£900k
Le Fondre ~£300k
Roberts (I'll lowball it) ~£500k
Mariappa ~£2m
Gunter ~£2m
Carrico ~£600k
Akpan ~£300k?
Kelly ~£1m?

I make that £7.1m on transfers out, with a low estimate for a fee for Roberts and not including the guesses I made for Akpan and Kelly. So realistically we're looking at closer to £9m. Which of course doesn't include signing on fees for Guthrie, Shorey, McCleary or in particular, Pogrebnyak.

Oh dear, Mr Dodger appears to be wrong. Unusual that.

lol

real FACTSSSSSSSSSSS!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jan 2013 16:22

Mariappa is a bit more than that, too.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 22 Jan 2013 18:50

Hello Boys - Just to let you know I have just finished a Pizza. A smaller one than usual as unfortunately SDR's six pack can now be described as a one pack! All down to too many Dodger's Pizza's.

Now to put things right the above post and facts are spot on as usual and as I am sure realise it represents real facts in the real world. You know it makes senseeeeee

Plus SDR was pleased the Vicar fell off his pulpit on Saturday as RFC grabbed a 2-1 win, which was all down to SDR's motivational techniques.

It's interesting than RFC are now getting a little sensitive about their transfer policy, which has been getting flack from Totally Well Advised Twitterers like Sir Dodger Royal. See http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8425416/

OK boys that's it from the main man. Buy a Pizza it's on Dodgerrrrrrr Get a life before you get Dodgered!
Last edited by Sir Dodger Royal on 22 Jan 2013 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2013 18:54

maffff Mariappa is a bit more than that, too.

I prefer to under-estimate to make him look stupider when people correct me. :)

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 22 Jan 2013 18:57

Young man with a face like that you don't have to try too hard.

If you wish to maintain good looks like SDR then you need to get real as from todayyyyyy

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 22 Jan 2013 19:16

I know SDR is full of shit, but there's no denying that TSI are possibly going to get their investment back and then some in the first year (if they want it).

Now they may invest it in the stadium or on the academy or in the team for next year but, then again, they may not.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Are we falling into the same trap?

by paddy20 » 24 Jan 2013 09:39

Yes we have had some good results. WBA should have won. Alfie saved us at Newcastle. Yes we beat Crawley!!! But have we really strengthened the team in the transfer window? Possibly at right back and a couple of signings for the future. Guthrie is settling in but I wouldn't say he is going to keep us up. No major signings, no premiership attacking midfielder. What back up do we have for Pog if he gets injured and joins Roberts on the injury list? ( 4-5-1 ).Have we started thinking that we are better than we are and falling into the same trap as our first season in the premiership and the same trap at the beginning of this season. Once again no real investment in the team. I hope I am wrong but I think we will be looking back and saying if only, if only once again!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Are we falling into the same trap?

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jan 2013 09:41

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jan 2013 09:58

paddy20 Yes we have had some good results. WBA should have won. Alfie saved us at Newcastle. Yes we beat Crawley!!! But have we really strengthened the team in the transfer window? Possibly at right back and a couple of signings for the future. Guthrie is settling in but I wouldn't say he is going to keep us up. No major signings, no premiership attacking midfielder. What back up do we have for Pog if he gets injured and joins Roberts on the injury list? ( 4-5-1 ).Have we started thinking that we are better than we are and falling into the same trap as our first season in the premiership and the same trap at the beginning of this season. Once again no real investment in the team. I hope I am wrong but I think we will be looking back and saying if only, if only once again!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hellopremiership

by hellopremiership » 24 Jan 2013 10:33

Yes. Carrico improves us at CDM. Kelly improves us at RB. Akpan will ultimately replace Legs, though not this season. We do however need an attacking midfielder, otherwise our luck will soon run out and these wins will become draws and narrow defeats.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Jan 2013 10:45

weve adressed the issues in the squad where our problems stem from, CDM and RB, improving the 1st team, with decent players, for cheap fees.

will it be enough? probably not
is it likely that our recent upturn in form will encourage the management team that their approach could still work and thus leave us just short again, as in 07/08? probably

its not a trap though, this is the way we have to do it, we clearly dont have that much money, so this is the way we have to do it. imo we have no choice. but even if we did, i think its the right one

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 24 Jan 2013 10:57

I think we play some pretty exciting football, im happy with the current squad and it goes to show no matter who you buy in at millions that aint going to help you (QPR), one of the reasons i love Reading so much is on the day we can match anyone, and even if this another flirt only in the Prem so be it, i loved the Championship as much, thats not saying that i dont want the club to lack ambition, the Prem requires alot of seasons yo yoing to establish a foothold and as of yet we have not earned our place there.

Reading no matter what we think are playing this very well and buying clever and selling better, this is a well run club and i want it to be kept on the same path its been run since SJM took control..

Esteban

by Esteban » 24 Jan 2013 11:07

melonhead weve adressed the issues in the squad where our problems stem from, CDM and RB, improving the 1st team, with decent players, for cheap fees.

will it be enough? probably not
is it likely that our recent upturn in form will encourage the management team that their approach could still work and thus leave us just short again, as in 07/08? probably

its not a trap though, this is the way we have to do it, we clearly dont have that much money, so this is the way we have to do it. imo we have no choice. but even if we did, i think its the right one

+1

Also, I don't think we're done yet. There'll be frantic movement in the last few days and we may be able to take advantage.

Esteban

by Esteban » 24 Jan 2013 11:10

westongeezer I think we play some pretty exciting football, im happy with the current squad and it goes to show no matter who you buy in at millions that aint going to help you (QPR), one of the reasons i love Reading so much is on the day we can match anyone, and even if this another flirt only in the Prem so be it, i loved the Championship as much, thats not saying that i dont want the club to lack ambition, the Prem requires alot of seasons yo yoing to establish a foothold and as of yet we have not earned our place there.

Reading no matter what we think are playing this very well and buying clever and selling better, this is a well run club and i want it to be kept on the same path its been run since SJM took control..

Good post. But you'll probably get slaughtered for it! :wink:

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 24 Jan 2013 11:13

Esteban
westongeezer I think we play some pretty exciting football, im happy with the current squad and it goes to show no matter who you buy in at millions that aint going to help you (QPR), one of the reasons i love Reading so much is on the day we can match anyone, and even if this another flirt only in the Prem so be it, i loved the Championship as much, thats not saying that i dont want the club to lack ambition, the Prem requires alot of seasons yo yoing to establish a foothold and as of yet we have not earned our place there.

Good post. But you'll probably get slaughtered for it! :wink:

Not by me, Good Post x2

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Jan 2013 11:16

hellopremiership Yes. Carrico improves us at CDM. Kelly improves us at RB. Akpan will ultimately replace Legs, though not this season. We do however need an attacking midfielder, otherwise our luck will soon run out and these wins will become draws and narrow defeats.

Whooooah!! That's my post. WTF?

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 24 Jan 2013 11:17

yeah good post

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Jan 2013 11:28

The Club is being prudent. They don't want to be left with their pants down.

The risk of relegation is incredibly high for Reading FC and we are a favourite for one of the three relegation slots.

Signing big names for big money will not guaruntee survival but could seriously F**K us up if we went down.

The club is absolutely doing the right thing, safeguarding our future and ensuring that we are well placed financially as a club in the highly likely event of demotion. If we are strong going down, we will be much better placed to mount an immediate challenge to return to the big time. If we have so many high earners at the club that need to be offloaded we could hamper ourselves and make a return very unlikely for decades or more.

If of course we stay up, then we can continue to make progress and get established at the top level for decades to come.

We got to believe in the club, believe in the management and have faith in them. They are doing a great job and Anton is being very wise and prudent in the job that he is doing. That is what Reading FC needs, wise men at the helm.

542 posts