Hob Nob Addict

Norwich - back from the game

by floyd__streete » 10 Nov 2012 17:24

Christ.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Norwich - back from the game

by windermere_royal » 10 Nov 2012 17:32

Not much I can add to that, we have nothing in the middle of the park to hurt anyone, if Tabb is the answer WTF is the question?

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 10 Nov 2012 17:34

Who are the three gays ?i

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 10 Nov 2012 17:34

I didn't think it was a very good football match.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Nov 2012 17:35

Awful. Ledge is my favourite player but he was diabolical today. I actually thought Tabb was ok tbh.

Only good points are the clean sheet and a great performance from Kebe when he came on.

And FFS Brian, start Pog!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 10 Nov 2012 17:36

Ledge gave the ball away too many times today. When Kebe came on Norwich looked more dangerous down their left flank. Thought Gorkks had a very good game and kept Holt quiet. Norwich fans seemed to be more cringeworthy than ours. Roberts seemed to bulldoze his way through, but then run out of ideas every time he was given an opportunity.

MOTM Federici

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Nov 2012 17:36

Great game.

That time McCleary had a shot!! Incredible scenes.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 10 Nov 2012 17:38

AbovetheI Ledge gave the ball away too many times today. When Kebe came on Norwich looked more dangerous down their left flank. Thought Gorkks had a very good game and kept Holt quiet. Norwich fans seemed to be more cringeworthy than ours. Roberts seemed to bulldoze his way through, but then run out of ideas every time he was given an opportunity.

MOTM Federici

Yeah that's the impression I got too (watched on computer) when our players get possession they don't know what to do with themselves.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Nov 2012 17:40

McCleary has to be one of the worst crossers in terms of wingers I've ever seen. Dreadful.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Nov 2012 17:45

I enjoyed it. A good battle between two average Championship teams. Recks we might sneak in the playoffs if we carry on like this.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 10 Nov 2012 18:00

Shit! Just realised we got a clean sheet meaning we will play Gorkss against Everton... God help us! The reason of a clean sheet was more of poor Norwich attack than good defending. Shit in the centre midfield and the subs were shit. Oh well I like Championship football, more chance of winning games. Still want McDermott at the helm tho, not many managers would do any better with the current crop even tho he has made quite a lot of questionable decisions.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2012 18:00

Absolutely dire!

I had thought McDermott deserved to be given until at least the end of November to start to show that he can turn things around. I'm now beginning to wonder whether that will just be wasting time and games.

A damning indictment is the fact that today we had not one player on the bench capable of playing in centre midfield. Our only option would have been to move Jobi inside, in other words replacing one tired player with another tired player! Why the f*ck waste a squad place on Bryn if you're not even prepared to put him on the bench in this situation? ! :twisted:

Yes, Jem is injured but don't forget he hadn't fully recovered from his injury at the time the window slammed shut, so that was always a bit of a gamble. And yes Guthrie is supposedly out with a thigh (or should that be a pride?) injury. However, this just shows how painfully lacking in cover McDermott had left the central midfield (given he won't play Bryn).

As for all the celebration of a clean sheet - what a load of delusional b*llocks! The only reason we kept a clean sheet was that Norwich were probably even worse than us. In the last third of the game, Reading made a number of significant errors and/or left Norwich players free with miles of space. Rest assured, those opportunities would have been exploited by any decent premiership strikeforce.

And the substitutions? Yeh, brilliant, take off Hunt - the only striker capable of jumping and winning a header - and then proceed to revert to our much favoured hoofball! Bring on Pog for Roberts and hit it long. Oh and bring on ALF just so your team can avoid passing the ball to him!

Today McDermott spent an awful lot of time pacing backwards and forwards along the touchline looking at his feet either in desperation or in search of inspiration. Off the pitch it looked as though he had run out of ideas and on the pitch the team seemed to confirm that.

If Madjeski and AZ didn't give McDermott the funding he needed, then they should be big enough to stand up and publically admit it. If McDermott had the money but chose to 'do a Coppell' then I'm afraid he will end of paying the price. Unfortunately the club may also pay the price in relegation.

Oh, I almost forgot the moment that best summed up the ineptitude -McCleary crossing a high ball into the box where effing Jay Tabb (not his fault) is the target man! :twisted: :twisted:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2012 18:03

According to Reading FC on Twitter, Brian said "The players are disappointed because they want to win, but they shouldn't be - these are good times for Reading" - GOOD times? I'd hate to see what he considers to be bad times if that's the case. Brian, god love him, is losing it - and criticising his new chairman on the radio is really NOT doing is prospects of staying in the job too good at the moment. :cry:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Nov 2012 18:05

There is no new chairman :?

What did he say?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2012 18:05

Come January - we need an attacking midfielder who can run AND pass the ball, A striker who doesn't fall over continually or get flagged offside, and another midfielder who can play the ball to feet.

:x

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2012 18:06

Simon's Church There is no new chairman :?

What did he say?

Yeah, I meant owner. Anyway, apparently there was something in the paper about us wanting 10 new players in January and McD said he'd spoken to AZ to tell him he shouldn't be speaking to the press and it's disrespectful to the players that we have.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2012 18:09

Royal Lady
Simon's Church There is no new chairman :?

What did he say?

Yeah, I meant owner. Anyway, apparently there was something in the paper about us wanting 10 new players in January and McD said he'd spoken to AZ to tell him he shouldn't be speaking to the press and it's disrespectful to the players that we have.

Wasn't that BBCRB though? And even they admitted that there had been no quotes directly attributable to AZ!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Nov 2012 18:10

MOTD tonight will have trouble digging any hightlights out of that pile of dross.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2012 18:11

No it was in The Sun they said - I know they're a scummy paper, but all Brian had to say when asked, was that it was rubbish - but he rabbited on about scouting 10-15 players and they always do that or something and AZ shouldn't be telling the press what we're doing and he'd "had a word with him". Straight away I said to Schards that was one nail in his RFC managerial coffin.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 10 Nov 2012 18:12

Villa winning, weekend is going well
Last edited by Royal91 on 10 Nov 2012 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

354 posts