Back from the Everton (H) game

315 posts
ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the Everton (H) game

by ayjaydee » 17 Nov 2012 17:36

At half time I thought we were staring a hammering and relegation in the face. We avoided one and may well with a bit of luck avoid the second.
Morrison was outstanding closely followed by Tabby in my opinion with ALF close behind for his brace.
Solid 7/8s out of 10s from the rest apart from
Negatives - Gorkss & Gunter
Four points out of the next 2 games should keep us above the line.

Winnershroyal

Re: Back from the game

by Winnershroyal » 17 Nov 2012 17:42

That we weren't four down at half time is a miracle.

2nd half began and we were immense, Morrison's Bobby Moore challenge on Jelavic when through was magnificent, the only downer was Jobi who was wasteful and lazy in the first half and just wasteful in the 2nd.

tabb, Morrison, and Roberts 2nd half were picks. Obviously Alf will get the glory.

I stayed til the end for a change, glad I did, final whistle was met with cheer I've not heard for a while.

Shall enjoy MOTD for the first time in ages.

Well done boys.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Nov 2012 17:44

Second 45 was best we have played this season, all over us. Everton should have been 3-0 up by half time but oh well their loss.

Tabb and Morrison were class, gorkss and gunter looked awful. Unbeaten in 4, lets kick on

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 17 Nov 2012 17:45

ayjaydee At half time I thought we were staring a hammering and relegation in the face. We avoided one and may well with a bit of luck avoid the second.
Morrison was outstanding closely followed by Tabby in my opinion with ALF close behind for his brace.
Solid 7/8s out of 10s from the rest apart from
Negatives - Gorkss & Gunter
Four points out of the next 2 games should keep us above the line.

+1

Tabb and Morrison have been revelations the last few games. Gunter has been consistently gash since he joined IMO.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 17 Nov 2012 17:48

I thought Jobi was OK in the 2nd half, I thought he'd had a personal earful at HT.

Morrison was superb, but they all upped their game really. Winnersh - I agree about Roberts, he was a menace to their centre backs all afternoon (ie from 16.05 onwards).

I came out of that match thinking, for the first time this season, that we might stay up.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 17 Nov 2012 17:50

We need to sort the back out Gorkks has got to be dropped he was utter shitte, hes a liability

Oh and Gunter needs to be dropped too
Last edited by ManchesterRoyals on 17 Nov 2012 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 17:50

I am generally quite positive but Gunter is shit seriously. Cummings back please.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Nov 2012 17:52

I suppose it had to happen didn't it; after p*ssing away a lead in half of our league games this season we've finally secured a win having come from behind to do so.

In many ways the first half was like the Aresenal game, only we were Arsenal. Sluggish, defensively pathetic and 1 down inside ten minutes to a goal you'd laugh at it you saw it on a park pitch. Even before that, Jelavic missed a sitter when left with the freedom of Berkshire at the far post and there was at least one decent save from Federici with his feet kept us in it at half time with a host of other chances generously wasted by Everton. Long faces at half time, with the only person in high spirits (literally) being a p*ssed up RG30.

The one remote positive of a chastening first half was that we had ourselves got plenty of the ball in the box, if only from the ever willing HRK because on the other wing Jobi was having an abysmal game. But with opposition wastefulness on our side - along with a bit of good fortune at 2-1 where the ball hit the inside of our post and fell into Federici's arms - the players raised their game second half and played to their absolute full capabilities to grind out a win. It is no surprise that both goals came from set pieces, a delicious ball in from Shorey being the difference for the first.....having been so abject we were suddenly at 1-1 and the place was (unusually) rocking. Le Fondre looked like a League 2 player first half but suddenly he got on the end of a brilliant delivery and that raised him, raised his game, raised the team and the fans.

On the negative side, we still have weak links like Gunter who play far too narrow and invite the opposition to expose us with our lack of pace in many areas. We will have to enjoy days like these (like we did when we beat Liverpool in our last relegation season) because they will probably still be few and far between. Before the ineviatble bickering starts on this thread I am out to enjoy my evening and laugh at the fact with our solitary win fo the season we are out of the bottom 3 in this depressingly inequal, uncompetitive 'Best League in the World' :lol:
Last edited by floyd__streete on 17 Nov 2012 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2012 18:01

I had two bets today, both a fiver at 100-1

ALF to score the first goal, Reading to get exactly two goals
ALF to score the last goal, Reading to get exactly two goals

Oh, that was for 2-0, BTW

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Nov 2012 18:10

Once again McAnuff got some stick from some sections of the crowd. However, he showed that he can and does lead by example in the last minute or so of stoppage time. Their player looked like he was breaking free in a really dangerous position on our right until Jobi came hurtling back from a long way out to slide in with a perfectly timed challenge, not only dispossessing their player but winning a throw in the process.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 17 Nov 2012 18:11

[quote="Snowball"]I had two bets today, both a fiver at 100-1

ALF to score the first goal, Reading to get exactly two goals
ALF to score the last goal, Reading to get exactly two goals

Exactly two goals as opposed to? 2.1, 2.2?

Anyway, pleased for you.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 17 Nov 2012 18:13

RoyalBlue Once again McAnuff got some stick from some sections of the crowd. However, he showed that he can and does lead by example in the last minute or so of stoppage time. Their player looked like he was breaking free in a really dangerous position on our right until Jobi came hurtling back from a long way out to slide in with a perfectly timed challenge, not only dispossessing their player but winning a throw in the process.

Yep, that one moment and you can forgive the abject 89 and a half minutes.

He wasn't at the races today and deserved stick, he had one job and that was track back with Baines. Time and time again Baines bombed forward, Jobi? Jogging back. Not enough, not nearly enough.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Nov 2012 18:15

ManchesterRoyals We need to sort the back out Gorkks has got to be dropped he was utter shitte, hes a liability

An incredibly naive and completely unnecessary challenge right on the left edge of our area in the first half that could easily (and perhaps should?) have been a penalty. Their guy was going nowhere but Gorkks still decided to go to ground and slide in, tangling both legs around him as he tried to turn - heart in mouth time. Had it been at the other end, I reckon the Everton masses could have influenced the ref into giving that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Nov 2012 18:16

Winnershroyal
RoyalBlue Once again McAnuff got some stick from some sections of the crowd. However, he showed that he can and does lead by example in the last minute or so of stoppage time. Their player looked like he was breaking free in a really dangerous position on our right until Jobi came hurtling back from a long way out to slide in with a perfectly timed challenge, not only dispossessing their player but winning a throw in the process.

He wasn't at the races today and deserved stick, he had one job and that was track back with Baines. Time and time again Baines bombed forward, Jobi? Jogging back. Not enough, not nearly enough.

He wasn't great but I can still recall him going on some good runs and firing in some good crosses.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Nov 2012 18:16

Not a fan of HRK as he is incapable of going past his man and his balls in are generally sh#te..... But hats off to him today. He still couldn't beat him man, but he kept the ball at his feet all game and some neat play with team mates allowed us to build. Exactly what was needed.

Cummings & Mariappa have got to come in for Gorkss and Gunter (gash)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Nov 2012 18:18

I thought Shorey was once again immense today - great assist for the goal and generally played outstanding. His technical ability is top draw.

JordCot

by JordCot » 17 Nov 2012 18:19

Gunter has been a disappointment all season but tbf he defended pretty well when we were camped out last 15

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 17 Nov 2012 18:19

RoyalBlue
Winnershroyal

He wasn't great but I can still recall him going on some good runs and firing in some good crosses.

Dont get me wrong, I like him, I think he tries but he lost his man too many times today, when things are going well for us, ie back at 1-1 he comes alive, at 0-1 he was hiding. Just my opinion.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 17 Nov 2012 18:33

Fair play. One nil down and only one way to go against a good Everton side. Thought at 1-1 a draw would be great but to pull back to win is fantastic. Christmas has come early and out of the bottom 3 which is a real confidence boost

great stuff :-)

royal67

by royal67 » 17 Nov 2012 18:39

ManchesterRoyals We need to sort the back out Gorkks has got to be dropped he was utter shitte, hes a liability

Oh and Gunter needs to be dropped too

Couldn't agree more..... Morrison and Mariappa at CB please. If Cummings isn't injured how Gunter is getting a game is beyond me......

315 posts