Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 187
Woolly68

Taxi for McDermott

by Woolly68 » 25 Nov 2012 16:54

Come on Anton grow some balls, make that change, second from bottom and unless we win our 3 away games before Xmas we will be well adrift and no one will want to come to the club.

Thanks Brian its been good but it's a result business, as you said yesterday. :cry:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Taxi for McDermott

by floyd__streete » 25 Nov 2012 17:26

Who comes in and does better then? I want to hear the nay-sayers alternative suggestions.

McD has had a poor season and has signed poorly last summer.....but who else is going to get more from such a (comparatively) weak squad. I'd like to think that Brian deserves a chance to rebuild in the Championship last season, just as Coppell had one season following relegation. Not sure that AZ would feel the same way, mind.

Woolly68

by Woolly68 » 25 Nov 2012 17:35

Note sure who comes in, expect it would be foreign manger...but my point is we need to make the change soon to try and avoid going down. We've got loads of games to sort this mess out. Just want us to explore all options to stay up unlike last time.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 25 Nov 2012 17:35

floyd__streete Who comes in and does better then? I want to hear the nay-sayers alternative suggestions.

McD has had a poor season and has signed poorly last summer.....but who else is going to get more from such a (comparatively) weak squad. I'd like to think that Brian deserves a chance to rebuild in the Championship last season, just as Coppell had one season following relegation. Not sure that AZ would feel the same way, mind.

I would take Phil Parkinson in a heartbeat.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Nov 2012 17:38

Yes because another manager with no PL experience would do so much better than BM.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Nov 2012 17:39

windermere_royal
floyd__streete Who comes in and does better then? I want to hear the nay-sayers alternative suggestions.

You couldn't make it up.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Nov 2012 17:40

sandman
windermere_royal

You couldn't make it up.

Fcuk it lets go one better & get Murty in! That would do it!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Nov 2012 17:43

MmmMonsterMunch Yes because another manager with no PL experience would do so much better than BM.

Not saying it is a good idea but at present they probably couldn't do any worse.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 25 Nov 2012 17:47

Did David Moyes have PL eperience when he took over and transformed Everton?, was just a hungry young manager with ambitions, just like Parky.

Woolly68

by Woolly68 » 25 Nov 2012 17:48

Who knows what connections Anton has... Di Matteo could be good. Someone you can attract quality players.

9 more wins and a couple of draws could well be enough to stay up.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 25 Nov 2012 17:51

windermere_royal Did David Moyes have PL eperience when he took over and transformed Everton?, was just a hungry young manager with ambitions, just like Parky.

Phil Parkinsons record so far
PLD 399 WON 153 DRAWN 121 LOST 125 WIN % 38.35
No thanks

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Nov 2012 17:52

Woolly68 Who knows what connections Anton has... Di Matteo could be good. Someone you can attract quality players.

We don't have the right type of players for a manager like him. Why is this so hard to grasp for some people? You don't just become comfortable on the ball overnight because the manager has changed.

Curbishley would be the most viable option if you pushed me to suggest someone.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 25 Nov 2012 17:53

Woolly68 Who knows what connections Anton has... Di Matteo could be good. Someone you can attract quality players.

We are almost a third of the way through the season with one win having not played either of the Manchester clubs or Arsenal yet.

If BM or anyone else can get us 9 more wins before the end of the season, they should be given a contract longer than Pardews.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Nov 2012 17:58

MmmMonsterMunch

We don't have the right type of players for a manager like him. Why is this so hard to grasp for some people? You don't just become comfortable on the ball overnight because the manager has changed.

Curbishley would be the most viable option if you pushed me to suggest someone.

Interesting that people always mention Curbishley when vacancies are being talked about. He hasn't been a PL manager for four years and much like SSC it looks like his passion for it has gone.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Nov 2012 18:04

I base that solely on his decent track record & our 'style' of play but agreed he may have lost his hunger for it.

I suspect he's had plenty of calls in the past 3 years.

Woolly68

by Woolly68 » 25 Nov 2012 18:13

Plenty of home games left for us get enough wins to stay up, QPR, Soton, Villa, Sunderland, Swansea, Liverpool, West Ham, West Brom. Sure we win a couple of away games or fluke a couple. However not with same defending that I saw at Wigan yesterday ....nor tactics

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 25 Nov 2012 18:15

Woolly68 Note sure who comes in, expect it would be foreign manger...

Brilliant. Do you want the Director of Football job?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Nov 2012 18:20

Woolly68 Come on Anton grow some balls, make that change, second from bottom and unless we win our 3 away games before Xmas we will be well adrift and no one will want to come to the club.

Thanks Brian its been good but it's a result business, as you said yesterday. :cry:

Sadly have to agree, it's time to make that change. If we leave it any later then it really will be too late. It's now or never!

If McDermott did say it was a result business yesterday, then he knows things need to change and fast!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 25 Nov 2012 18:20

If we fire McDermott I say we draw a seat number at random before every game to select a fan to manage the team for the next game...or let the players do it by committee. The formation and starting 11 voted on by all the players. Either of those would be bold choices...we would be trailblazers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Nov 2012 18:22

oxf*rd off with all the new threads saying exactly the same thing.

253 posts