Man Utd - back from the game

227 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Man Utd - back from the game

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Dec 2012 15:43

3 veesinarow
Victor Meldrew As mentioned in an earlier posting I didn't like our players asking for their shirts at the end of a game-it smacks of a non-league side playing in the FA Cup.
Why don't they just go and buy one?
Mind you I may be wrong,Ferdinand might have always wanted Morrisons shirt and his dream came true on Saturday night. :wink:
I wonder what they actually do with these shirts.

:| I've yet to see a Premiership game this season where every player trooped off in their own shirt. It happens after every game, regardless of who's involved.

I really don't see the point but I'll keep an eye open for that tonight in the Newcastle v Wigan game and in ours at Southampton on Saturday.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Dec 2012 15:48

VM, these footballers need something to adorn all that wall space in their games rooms, home cinemas and indoor pools. What better than something to show off who they got beaten by.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Dec 2012 15:56

Hoop Blah VM, these footballers need something to adorn all that wall space in their games rooms, home cinemas and indoor pools. What better than something to show off who they got beaten by.

Let's hope that our players don't collect too many then before the end of the season from defeats.
I wonder if the club still charges them like they did when Marcus used to give his jersey away when at least it was to an idolising fan rather than to another millionaire.
Last edited by Victor Meldrew on 03 Dec 2012 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 03 Dec 2012 15:57

Victor Meldrew
3 veesinarow
Victor Meldrew As mentioned in an earlier posting I didn't like our players asking for their shirts at the end of a game-it smacks of a non-league side playing in the FA Cup.
Why don't they just go and buy one?
Mind you I may be wrong,Ferdinand might have always wanted Morrisons shirt and his dream came true on Saturday night. :wink:
I wonder what they actually do with these shirts.

:| I've yet to see a Premiership game this season where every player trooped off in their own shirt. It happens after every game, regardless of who's involved.

I really don't see the point but I'll keep an eye open for that tonight in the Newcastle v Wigan game and in ours at Southampton on Saturday.

I've known players who do this every game regardless of who they play, generally to give to younger relatives and friends kids - more interesting than just giving their own shirt away each time.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 03 Dec 2012 16:14

Error prone defence - Morrison main culprit - Best prospect - responsible for 4 goals - Pearce and Marriapa head says - heart says he will get better quickly and we need him for goals

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Dec 2012 17:15

The Real Sandhurst Royal
SCIAG wrote: I'm beginning to doubt whether some of you watch the matches or just make arbitrary comments. For example, Morrison is at fault for two goals and is widely praised. Leigertwood is the only reason possession was anywhere near level, and made Darren Fletcher, one of the best midfielders in the league, look like a Championship player and is slagged off.

Totally agree SCIAG to see some of the ratings given to Leigerwood on here is a joke.

Try telling that to 'jellytot'...

Man Friday wrote:
"Well played lads. Esp Ledge and Tabb. Plenty of spirit. To lose to the top team in the PL by a single goal in seven is nothing to be ashamed of."

jellytot wrote:
"Ledg are you mad?.,.. are you BM?"

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Dec 2012 20:21

John Madejski's Wallet
melonhead
bcubed at tracking back?

:shock:

easily our best defending and hard working attacker- every game he has played has been characterised by superb tackles, and interceptions in the last third

^^ With Brendy here.

Kebe is miles better than HRK & McCleary at tracking back and helping out right right back.

Part of Cummings strength is the partnership he had with Kebe. Without Kebe he's getting no help in covering 2 or more attackers. Still way better than Gunter though imo

Pretty sure, that big fan of Kebe that he is, he was actually joking here
Since when did Kebe make a tackle?!

Jon_rfc

by Jon_rfc » 03 Dec 2012 20:33

easily our best defending and hard working attacker- every game he has played has been characterised by superb tackles, and interceptions in the last third[/quote]
^^ With Brendy here.

Kebe is miles better than HRK & McCleary at tracking back and helping out right right back.

Part of Cummings strength is the partnership he had with Kebe. Without Kebe he's getting no help in covering 2 or more attackers. Still way better than Gunter though imo[/quote]
Since when did Kebe make a tackle?![/quote]

Actually shocked that people cannot see that Kebe tracks back very well and puts in a very decent defensive shift. Either they are so blind to Kebe's work because of some sort of bias or perhaps they are just blind?

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 03 Dec 2012 21:14

Jon_rfc easily our best defending and hard working attacker- every game he has played has been characterised by superb tackles, and interceptions in the last third

^^ With Brendy here.

Part of Cummings strength is the partnership he had with Kebe. Without Kebe he's getting no help in covering 2 or more attackers. Still way better than Gunter though imo[/quote]
Since when did Kebe make a tackle?![/quote]

Actually shocked that people cannot see that Kebe tracks back very well and puts in a very decent defensive shift. Either they are so blind to Kebe's work because of some sort of bias or perhaps they are just blind?[/quote]

they're blind

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 03 Dec 2012 21:26

kebe might be the best at tracking back out of the wingers, but he's also the worst at passing a ball, controlling a ball and most importantly crossing a ball. A wingers main job is to attack. KEBE SHOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR THE FIRST 11.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 03 Dec 2012 21:27

Royal91 kebe might be the best at tracking back out of the wingers, but he's also the worst at passing a ball, controlling a ball and most importantly crossing a ball. A wingers main job is to attack. KEBE SHOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR THE FIRST 11.

*cough* Southampton .. away *cough* Roberts

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2012 21:40

bcubed
John Madejski's Wallet
melonhead

easily our best defending and hard working attacker- every game he has played has been characterised by superb tackles, and interceptions in the last third

^^ With Brendy here.

Part of Cummings strength is the partnership he had with Kebe. Without Kebe he's getting no help in covering 2 or more attackers. Still way better than Gunter though imo

In plenty of games. Maybe you should pay more attention.
Royal91 kebe might be the best at tracking back out of the wingers, but he's also the worst at passing a ball, controlling a ball and most importantly crossing a ball. A wingers main job is to attack. KEBE SHOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR THE FIRST 11.

You are just barking mad. And I'd guess are either U16 or have only been watching since last year, and some how missed any game where Kebe played well.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 03 Dec 2012 22:12

akranes

One cross does not make you the best crosser in the side.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Dec 2012 23:17

loyalroyal4life Anyone think that Feds should have saved Anderson goal?

Yes, but by now no-one is ever really suprised to see an effort from an impossible angle or improbable distance fly into the net through Federici's grasp, are they.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 03 Dec 2012 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Dec 2012 23:28

Royal91
akranes

One cross does not make you the best crosser in the side.

*cough* Derby .. Away *cough* Hunt

Could go on and quite frankly you are talking bollocks

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Dec 2012 09:14

KEBE SHOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR THE FIRST 11. ?????????????????????

He is a bit more restricted this year as he is having to cover far more than in the championship. He has also had to play carrying an injury. Despite that he is the one player that can conjure up something from nothing and when fully fit will be our best forward

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Dec 2012 10:51

bcubed
John Madejski's Wallet
melonhead easily our best defending and hard working attacker- every game he has played has been characterised by superb tackles, and interceptions in the last third

^^ With Brendy here.

not joking in any way

pretty clear if youd been to any matches this year(or last tbf) that its a side of his game that hes really worked on
in fact id say its been slightly to the detriment of his attacking play

this season in the few games hes played he has put in numerous last ditch tackles, interceptions and clearances, in our own third.
saved us a couple of goals at least imo
Last edited by melonhead on 04 Dec 2012 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Dec 2012 10:53

also a case of blindness, kebes got pretty much the best ball retention stats of any of our attackers
can control the ball better than most
and has put some of the best crosses ive ever seen into the box, when there is a good chance of getting it to head. when the box is packed he plays the higher percentage and tries to pull the ball back along the floor, to feet

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 04 Dec 2012 11:26

Kebe would be one of the first names on my team sheet when fit and on form

One of the few players we have that can turn it on and change a game in an instant

His defensive work rate has been exellent in recent times and hes more of a complete player now than he was.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2012 12:02

melonhead

also a case of blindness, kebes got pretty much the best ball retention stats of any of our attackers
can control the ball better than most
and has put some of the best crosses ive ever seen into the box, when there is a good chance of getting it to head. when the box is packed he plays the higher percentage and tries to pull the ball back along the floor, to feet

i could understand why someone might think he's a bad crosser. I don't think it's technical ability, but more decisions and laziness. He has a tendency to decide to cross it and then make no effort to get it to beat the defender directly infront of him.

But, he can put in an excellent cross and does so on plenty of occasions. He's also got phenominal close control once he's actually brought the ball under control successfully to start with. I think he's showing a greater awareness of when to run at players and when to hold up and pass it off too.

227 posts