Danny Guthrie - Refusing To Travel

464 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Danny Guthrie - Refusing To Travel

by Extended-Phenotype » 13 Dec 2012 11:30

F/ckin hell, who gives a shit. McD's the c/nt, Guthries the c/nt, I've no interest.

McD, you are the manager, sort it f/cking out. You ain't Fergie and we don't have the luxury for you to spack around freezing players out because you had a period over a stupid f/cking tweet.

Start managing the team and concerning yourself with fixing your dire tactics and terrible morale - I've no interest in watching Brian McDermott: My Life and who you do or do not want to f/ck this week, or what ghey non-event hurt your feelings. Get on with the f/cking job we pay you to do.

Jesus piss, stop being such a nob.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 13 Dec 2012 11:32

jumpers for goalposts Going back to the rel wolrd, in private business you often have to work with people whom you often despise, but you do so for the good of the company. Football isn't really any different in this regard.We aren't United, City, Chelsea, etc with world class substitutes to step in. Alex Ferguson picked Sheringham and Cole together for a number of years, and they hated one another!

...and in the private business the employee normally doesn't normally refuse to turn up for work because "his head isnt in the right place".

Oh and normally isnt paid £25,000 per week to do so.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 13 Dec 2012 11:37

Extended-Phenotype F/ckin hell, who gives a shit. McD's the c/nt, Guthries the c/nt, I've no interest.

McD, you are the manager, sort it f/cking out. You ain't Fergie and we don't have the luxury for you to spack around freezing players out because you had a period over a stupid f/cking tweet.

Start managing the team and concerning yourself with fixing your dire tactics and terrible morale - I've no interest in watching Brian McDermott: My Life and who you do or do not want to f/ck this week, or what ghey non-event hurt your feelings. Get on with the f/cking job we pay you to do.

:|

Nomad_Royal

Re: Guthrie Apologises...

by Nomad_Royal » 13 Dec 2012 11:39

Terminal Boardom
Turns8 He still won't be selected on Monday... :roll:

And should he leave in January, it will probably be for a nominal fee, go to the likes of Wigan or Fulham,

Why? He is under contract to Reading isnt he. The club can allow him to move on...choose the fee they accept or keep him and let him rot unitl the end of his contract if they like. Not suggesting they will but your comment about him going for a nominal fee seems to indicate the club is helpless , it's not.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 13 Dec 2012 11:44

cmonurz
Platypuss You're basing all this extrapoLOLation on what "moonwalklikebas" thinks? Jesus.

No more or less relevant than what you think.

Yes it is ...Apart from "moonwalklikebas" post havent seen any quote about his wife being ill even from Guthrie. If I am wrong please link to it.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 13 Dec 2012 12:08

Extended-Phenotype F/ckin hell, who gives a shit. McD's the c/nt, Guthries the c/nt, I've no interest.

Who could argue with such a well thought through, erudite and balanced piece of prose. :D

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2012 12:20

southbank1871

Leave E-P alone, he does try ever so hard.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 13 Dec 2012 12:23

^This

I hope Guthrie starts on Monday night and has one big oxf*rd point to prove....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Dec 2012 12:32

You'll be getting plenty of :| 's for this throughout the day as the sensibles come rolling in.

I enjoyed it though, and agree with the sentiment.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 13 Dec 2012 12:46

Aye, that's the fun of posting on the team board.

The reality is that Brian is like a woman working in an office. Boo f/cking hoo, thingo didn't say good morning, whatshername stopped talking when you walked into the staff kitchen and you think someone has deliberately adjusted your chair so your tits keep hitting the space bar on your keyboard. F/ck off, get on with it.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 13 Dec 2012 12:57

southbank1871

It's a good post. Roberts now has a 'hip' injury after his outburst after the Southampton game. Feds got an 'injury' after his outburst, and Guthrie picked up an 'injury' after his outburst. EVERY club has these players, but their managers play them because they can't afford not to. Yes you have to find a way to manage the attitudes and the rebels, but you cannot keep suspending players with 'injuries'. He'll lose his job over it in the end!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Dec 2012 13:12

Obviously Brian goes at people with a claw hammer when they cross him, you'd of thought they'd learn by now

Or people are really injured

I wonder how Brian persuaded Fed to wear strapping on his leg in the first few games of the season so it would look like he was actually carrying an injury before Brian did him?

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 13 Dec 2012 13:13

Extended-Phenotype Aye, that's the fun of posting on the team board.

The reality is that Brian is like a woman working in an office. Boo f/cking hoo, thingo didn't say good morning, whatshername stopped talking when you walked into the staff kitchen and you think someone has deliberately adjusted your chair so your tits keep hitting the space bar on your keyboard. F/ck off, get on with it.

Actual LOL.

Agree x the Arsenal score.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Dec 2012 13:22

sandman
southbank1871

He did a swear, lol!

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 13 Dec 2012 13:36

Silver Fox Obviously Brian goes at people with a claw hammer when they cross him, you'd of thought they'd of learnt by now

Corrected.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 13 Dec 2012 14:22

Maguire
sandman
southbank1871

He did a swear, lol!

Yay, LOLCOP has shown up.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Dec 2012 14:44

jumpers for goalposts Why do people assume footballers are any different to the rest of us? If your boss gave 2 far less able employees your duties and relegated you to the backroom in whatever field you work in, then you'd have the hump as well. At the end of the day, Reading FC are just his employer- why should he feel a special affiliation for our club?
The guy has been a premier league regular before, so I can understand his frustration. Utterly clueless management. McD needs to lose his own ego and pick the team that is most likely to win us games, no matter what personal differences he may have with the players (Pearce, Guthrie, Pog) etc.
Going back to the rel wolrd, in private business you often have to work with people whom you often despise, but you do so for the good of the company. Football isn't really any different in this regard.We aren't United, City, Chelsea, etc with world class substitutes to step in. Alex Ferguson picked Sheringham and Cole together for a number of years, and they hated one another!

^ THIS x 1 million

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 13 Dec 2012 14:48

In my experience of business it is sometimes the most difficult characters that are your most imprtant asset. Sometimes they do things like he has because they care so much and is so frustrated to not be playing despite out performances. This may be a hopeful view but lets give him the benefit of the doubt as we desperately need someone who can lift the whole team. Lets hope Brian can swallow his pride and back Guthrie and give him a chance to make amends

jellytot

by jellytot » 13 Dec 2012 14:49

Ahh how sweet he loves us!! Right ok we have nothing in the midfield so let's have him back in the team on Monday!! Starting 11 please Brian. Will not make much difference. Sure Brian will choose to put our wonder central midfielder and captain fantastic (sorry about the sarcasm) Jobi there at some point again!! Beggars belief! May as well put my mum there.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 13 Dec 2012 14:51

Royal Lady
jumpers for goalposts Why do people assume footballers are any different to the rest of us? If your boss gave 2 far less able employees your duties and relegated you to the backroom in whatever field you work in, then you'd have the hump as well. At the end of the day, Reading FC are just his employer- why should he feel a special affiliation for our club?
The guy has been a premier league regular before, so I can understand his frustration. Utterly clueless management. McD needs to lose his own ego and pick the team that is most likely to win us games, no matter what personal differences he may have with the players (Pearce, Guthrie, Pog) etc.
Going back to the rel wolrd, in private business you often have to work with people whom you often despise, but you do so for the good of the company. Football isn't really any different in this regard.We aren't United, City, Chelsea, etc with world class substitutes to step in. Alex Ferguson picked Sheringham and Cole together for a number of years, and they hated one another!

^ THIS x 1 million

But what if you get hired to do one job and when you start the job you're actually being asked to do one quite different. Guthrie was hired for his skills as a passing midfielder - he's being asked to go out and do a high-tempo, closing down game.

That would be like hiring an electrician and asking him to do all your plumbing.

464 posts