10 Game Countdown....

170 posts
Baker's Dozen

Re: 10 Game Countdown....

by Baker's Dozen » 28 Apr 2013 21:39

Royal91
As long as we beat West Ham on the last day I'll be happy.

LOL So you are actually going then? I thought you guys were staying at home that day because you didn't want to hear us take the piss out of you… oops, I mean "not pay £49" :D

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2013 21:46

I suspect most fans will not go because quite frankly they've had enough of this season & can't be arsed to spend any more money on it.

Even more so given we'd be stumping up £50 for it & giving it to your horrible lot. £50 to visit a bottom half team that has been pretty much a yoyo club for the last few seasons quite frankly is scandalous whichever way you cut it.

Next season will be cracking & would rather stump cash for away games then.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 28 Apr 2013 21:55

Worst teams in PL history.....

Derby 07/08 11 points
Sunderland 05/06 15 points
Sunderland 02/03 19 points
Portsmouth 09/10 19 points#
Watford 99/00 24 points
Wolves 11/12 25 points
Reading 12/13 25 points (+)
QPR 12/13 25 points (+)
Bradford 00/01 26 points
West Brom 02/03 26 points
Ipswich 94/95 27 points
Leicester 01/02 28 points
Leicester 94/95 29 points
Bolton 95/96 29 points

Let's not follow the Wolves :o

Baker's Dozen

by Baker's Dozen » 29 Apr 2013 01:37

MmmMonsterMunch I suspect most fans will not go because quite frankly they've had enough of this season & can't be arsed to spend any more money on it.

Even more so given we'd be stumping up £50 for it & giving it to your horrible lot. £50 to visit a bottom half team that has been pretty much a yoyo club for the last few seasons quite frankly is scandalous whichever way you cut it.

£50 is a lot of money if you haven't got it. I'll give you that. The trouble there is the last game of the season is always a category A game. Hence the price.
But just a couple of things if you don't mind. The first is really a small matter but none the less, we are actually in the top half of the league, but that doesn't matter. The second thing is though, would the £50 not be to see 'your' team on it's last appearance in the Premier league and not ours? When I go to see West Ham play I go for West Ham. I hope to cheer our goals, not the other teams. Things like cherry picking games to watch and a third of your fans not showing up today to shout you on in your biggest game of the season does make you look a bit plastic to be honest. You do know your club gets half the profits from those £50 tickets, don't you?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 29 Apr 2013 09:17

Home club keeps all the money. Been like that for years. It's only cup ties where gate receipts are shared. HTH

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Apr 2013 10:20

Baker's Dozen
MmmMonsterMunch I suspect most fans will not go because quite frankly they've had enough of this season & can't be arsed to spend any more money on it.

£50 is a lot of money if you haven't got it. I'll give you that. The trouble there is the last game of the season is always a category A game. Hence the price.
But just a couple of things if you don't mind. The first is really a small matter but none the less, we are actually in the top half of the league, but that doesn't matter. The second thing is though, would the £50 not be to see 'your' team on it's last appearance in the Premier league and not ours? When I go to see West Ham play I go for West Ham. I hope to cheer our goals, not the other teams. Things like cherry picking games to watch and a third of your fans not showing up today to shout you on in your biggest game of the season does make you look a bit plastic to be honest. You do know your club gets half the profits from those £50 tickets, don't you?

Just to clarify I have got the money to go if I so wish but I don't want to spend it on West Ham or do you need further clarification on that? Don't most fans cherry pick the games they want to go to?

I certainly can't afford to go home & away every week - I suspect the vast majority of football fans the world over can't either or actually don't want to go every week. If you can then you're nicely well off in life (well done you) OR you live at home with Mummy watching re-runs of Green Street & can spend all your disposable income on football. The 2nd option is a little sad - you should try getting a life outside of football it's quite fulfilling.

LOL @ biggest game of the season. We're relegated chap - it means fcuk all. The sooner this season is over the better.

I wouldn't be crowing too early pal. Moving to the OS has disaster written all over it. You'll have to sell tickets for absolute peanuts just to fill it up & even then you'll be relying on massive away followings to bump the numbers up. Can really see 60k fans pouring in for Big Sam. :lol:

I'm sure good old 'Arry will be sniffing around to spend all your money though.

Baker's Dozen

by Baker's Dozen » 29 Apr 2013 12:15

Terminal Boardom Home club keeps all the money. Been like that for years. It's only cup ties where gate receipts are shared. HTH

If that's the case then I stand corrected. But the rest of my points stand

Baker's Dozen

by Baker's Dozen » 29 Apr 2013 13:18

MmmMonsterMunch
Just to clarify I have got the money to go if I so wish but I don't want to spend it on West Ham or do you need further clarification on that?…

I suppose if you feel West Ham are the only team that's going to turn up then fair point. Although you have a good record against West Ham!

MmmMonsterMunch …OR you live at home with Mummy watching re-runs of Green Street …

Come on I expect better than that. You are forgetting "The Firm", "Cass" & my favourite "The Rise of the Footsoldier". I'll lend you a copy when you are finished watching "The works of Ricky Gervais".

MmmMonsterMunch I wouldn't be crowing too early pal. Moving to the OS has disaster written all over it. You'll have to sell tickets for absolute peanuts just to fill it up & even then you'll be relying on massive away followings to bump the numbers up. Can really see 60k fans pouring in for Big Sam. :lol:

I wasn't crowing, just pointed out that we are not a bottom half team. If your lot paid more attention to the league positions every week instead of haveing your heads stuck up your arse you might not have gone down. The OS move might be wrong. But I won't be expecting any of your fans rushing to tell us how good it is if it comes off. And I make you right about not seeing 60K fans coming to watch Big Sam football. Especially as it's going to be a 54K stadium. But judging by your pathetic turn out yesterday I would say stadium capacities and the number of fans needed to fill them is something all your lot struggle with. So your not alone there.

All the best for next year. Have you excuses ready for the last day, like 'we were already relegated so we didn't try' etc :D

ta ta

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 29 Apr 2013 13:24

Looks like our record of humiliating West Ham year in year out remains an open sore with their fans.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Apr 2013 13:39

Schards#2 Looks like our record of humiliating West Ham year in year out remains an open sore with their fans.

I'm not crowing, I'm just registering on an internet forum of another team that I'm allegedly not remotely bothered about. :roll:

170 posts