Congratulations Brian

Born 'n Bred Royal

Congratulations Brian

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 16 Dec 2012 10:55

Haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I would like to congratulate Brian on his third anniversary as Reading manager.

Considering where we were when he took over, he's done wonders for the club and I hope he is given some money to spend so he can turn our current situation around. A true Reading great.

ddetisi

Re: Congratulations Brian

by ddetisi » 16 Dec 2012 11:03

I don't know about everyone else but i'm off to stand in his car parking space.

We need to make AZ see that despite us getting relegated, Brian is the right manager to bring us straight back up.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 16 Dec 2012 11:05

Born 'n Bred Royal Haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I would like to congratulate Brian on his third anniversary as Reading manager.

Considering where we were when he took over, he's done wonders for the club and I hope he is given some money to spend so he can turn our current situation around. A true Reading great.

Well said mate,
I totally agree, thanks Brian. I hope he doesn't listen to the miserable twats on here who are slating him for over achieving last season.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 16 Dec 2012 11:08

Three great second halves to a season out of three with three completely different teams.

He will be able to make it four out of four.

Thanks Brian.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 Dec 2012 11:12

A level of success none of us anticipated and none of us had any right to expect.

Life is full of ups and downs - seems a shame to dispense with the guy the moment things aren't going our way.

Cheers Bri.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 16 Dec 2012 11:18

Maguire A level of success none of us anticipated and none of us had any right to expect.

Life is full of ups and downs - seems a shame to dispense with the guy the moment things aren't going our way.

Cheers Bri.

^^^ sums it up well.

jellytot

by jellytot » 16 Dec 2012 11:22

Oh yeah clap clap.. :roll:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 16 Dec 2012 11:23

ddetisi I don't know about everyone else but i'm off to stand in his car parking space.

We need to make AZ see that despite us getting relegated, Brian is the right manager to bring us straight back up.

Oh pleease...

If he is the "right man to bring us straight back up", what is the point of him if he cannot keep us even slightly afloat in the Premiership...

No. It's about time that AZ got rid of him and brought a manager with some ability into the club at Premiership level who although this season is wrecked and beyond repair, will at least introduce some fighting spirit into the team and can bring us up and KEEP us up.

For starters, the team need to spend less time talking to the media about how shhittttt we are and more time on the training ground stopping being shiittt.

Brian did his job in the lower leagues, the same way that our failed strikers who Brian is insistent on playing did their job.

Time for change.

Do You See? :shock:

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 16 Dec 2012 11:24

^ Incredibly short sighted, getting rid of stability could harm us in the long term.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 16 Dec 2012 11:28

Born 'n Bred Royal ^ Incredibly short sighted, getting rid of stability could harm us in the long term.

Stable ?

Weee are hardly stable at the moment, unless you consider bobbing around the bottom three with little or no hope of even doing anything.

I doubt the way this team play, we would even make top half of the Championship they are so bad these days.

This all starts with the Manager.

I agree with the second poster ddetisi, we should stand in the managers car parking space so he can't park and has to leave.

Do You See? :shock:

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 16 Dec 2012 11:30

Go and support Man Utd if you want to support a team that wins things.

From what he's had to work with he's done an incredible job and has over-achieved. The only way he can bring more success is if he is backed with hard cash in the transfer window. It's a Championship side in the Premiership...

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 16 Dec 2012 11:37

Born 'n Bred Royal Go and support Man Utd if you want to support a team that wins things.

From what he's had to work with he's done an incredible job and has over-achieved. The only way he can bring more success is if he is backed with hard cash in the transfer window. It's a Championship side in the Premiership...

No, no, noo.

I do not want to support a non-local team, end of.

I want to support a team that is going to offer "some value" for money, considering the fact they demand that we pay for season tickets before the last season was even over to secure our seating.

I want to support a team that does not strive to fail at every chance it gets. No, I know in the Premiership we would never win anything, we're not that good enough. However I want to seeeee us have at least a fighting chance and putting some effort in.

Do You See Now ? :shock:

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 16 Dec 2012 11:43

Thou Voice

What's with this? Are you treating us like a bunch of idiots?

The argument is we would not be in this league without Brian, he at least deserves a chance to turn it around in January. You don't get anywhere constantly sacking managers when they go on a bad run and in the future it could backfire

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 16 Dec 2012 11:44

Born 'n Bred Royal
Thou Voice

The argument is we would not be in this league without Brian, he at least deserves a chance to turn it around in January. You don't get anywhere constantly sacking managers when they go on a bad run and in the future it could backfire

+1

+1

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 16 Dec 2012 12:44

Born 'n Bred Royal Go and support Man Utd if you want to support a team that wins things.

Exactly, some of the 'fans' on here are delusional. When i first started watching reading we were yoyo-ing between the 3rd and 4th tier. If we can be yoyo-ing between the 1st and 2nd tier that's a huge improvement.
Getting relegated and promoted while not over spending is a sound financial model and provides a good foundation for a further push forward

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 16 Dec 2012 12:45

Born 'n Bred Royal
Thou Voice

Just ignore him/her. I always do. Oxygen/publicity etc.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Dec 2012 13:10

Indeed. 1 of only 2 "Foes". Just an irritating, negative but thankfully only very occasional poster.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2012 13:24

Thanks for all the good work Brian, I would like nothing better than to see you sort us out.

If we do go down (as seems virtually certain) and if you are still here next season (which I'm not convinced is the right decision) can you please adapt your style of football to include keeping possession and being able to pass creatively through the middle of the pitch.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Dec 2012 13:30

Thou Voice I want to support a team that is going to offer "some value" for money, considering the fact they demand that we pay for season tickets before the last season was even over to secure our seating.

There are many things you can criticize the club for but offering a price freeze at championship prices for early renewals depsite knowing the club had a good chance of playing in the Premiership is not one of them.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 16 Dec 2012 13:31

Amazed at anyone taking anything TV says seriously :|