On Trial - Stoppila Sunzu

719 posts
The Royal

Re: On Trial - Stoppila Sunzu

by The Royal » 29 Jan 2013 18:36

If his contract is up, can't he sign in a free outside of the window?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Jan 2013 18:37

The Royal If his contract is up, can't he sign in a free outside of the window?

Yes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jan 2013 18:39

SPARTA

Yes.

If that's correct (someone said not if they've played this season) then we can also ship Gorkss out on loan to a Championship club outside the window can't we?

The Royal

by The Royal » 29 Jan 2013 18:45

Ian Royal
SPARTA

Yes.

If that's correct (someone said not if they've played this season) then we can also ship Gorkss out on loan to a Championship club outside the window can't we?

I don't think it matters if they have played or not

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 29 Jan 2013 18:59

Zambia out at the group stages...

The Royal

by The Royal » 29 Jan 2013 19:07

robb the royal
maffff
robb the royal I seem to remember something like this before (not with us though)...I'm sure its something like the transfer window applies to any player who has played for his team that season, regardless of when his contract expires.

Didn't their season end in December?

Maybe, but ours doesn't, and that's what matters in this case.

Wrong, just like beckham, can sign when ever he wants

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Jan 2013 19:08

I wonder of that makes a difference to us perusing him this window or not.. Sounds like too much of a mess tho.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 29 Jan 2013 19:34

SPARTA I wonder of that makes a difference to us perusing him this window or not.. Sounds like too much of a mess tho.

I thought he was ok, probably at a Sonko pre-injury level, probably Zambia's best player: closer to Christopher Samba than to Sam Sodje (obviously a wide range there)

Didn't help having to play all three games on that surface - no surprise that there were three deadly dull draws.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 29 Jan 2013 22:58

jellytot

by jellytot » 29 Jan 2013 23:08

Think this is dead as BM has said today (see club site) that we are after 3 more this window but that one deal was now dead. Two remaining must be blackman and ince.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 29 Jan 2013 23:10

maffff Didn't the O/S article say update at midnight (along with Church, Tabb and Andersen?)

They did yes. The fact that thery're releasing a story at midnight, just a few hours after Zambia's last group game in the ACON seems like more than just a coincidence when coming from a website team typically slow to deliver meaningful news.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 29 Jan 2013 23:38

OS just posted info on Man Utd game on Twit and FB. No hard news, just to say that an update will be coming soon. I guess someone at the RFC media dep't is still working and ready to upload the "news" whatever that may be at midnight. I am sufficiently interested now, to stay up and see what it says, but not anticipating too much

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 29 Jan 2013 23:41

All quiet in the Curtis Davies front now, might be a sign that we're looking to tie this one up… I just wonder how many suitcases full of money it will take tho?

jellytot

by jellytot » 29 Jan 2013 23:41

If this is one of two on then which is the third deal off? Maybe he did not include this one in three
as he already considered it done?

Doubt Ince would be confirmed at midnight as it would be strange. Even if Church and Tabb are swaps (possible).

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 29 Jan 2013 23:59

jellytot Think this is dead as BM has said today (see club site) that we are after 3 more this window but that one deal was now dead. Two remaining must be blackman and ince.

Just because one deal is dead doesn't mean anything, who knows how many players we are actually looking at.
Still possible we could bring in 3 players.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Jan 2013 23:59

davies>>>sunzu

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 30 Jan 2013 00:05

loyalroyal4life davies>>>sunzu

Yep, I would feel much happier with Davies, good defender with prem experience, sadly BMD has denied this one, which makes things pretty clear! (Other than deal not happening, the only other reason I can possibly think of for doing this would be (big) IF we wanted to keep a lid on it until the Sunzu deal has been resolved one way or another).
But when asked about Davies, the Royals boss simply answered, “No.”

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 30 Jan 2013 00:33

Royals boss Brian McDermott was asked about nine separate players in his latest press conference ahead of the Chelsea game - five in, three out and one contract - and we've got full quotes from the boss here.

Brian on Tom Ince:
We're waiting on Blackpool to come back to us, we'd like to do something. It would be decent money for this club, there's been interest there for a while.
If you have an opportunity to get someone to add to what yo've got, you try to do it. He scores and makes goals, he's got good feet and can go either way, he's a good lad with a great attitude. But maybe I shouldn't talk about someone who doesn't belong to us.

on Nick Blackman:
Maybe! We just think he's a good young player but he's a Sheffield United player. If we don't do any deals I'd be fine. We're going in the right direction and I never stress about players who aren't here. I'm happy to do that.

on Curtis Davies:
I like Curtis but no.

on Stoppila Sunzu:
It's been ongoing, and I can't see it happening in this window.

on other targets:
We tried to get one other that I won't name but it went off yesterday. He had a lot of Premier League experience but his club said no.

on Mikkel Andersen:
Mikkel had a conversation with me, he wanted to go to Denmark and I said yes and we'll try to find another goalkeeper. I wanted to do right by him, but the Danish club couldn't come up with a deal anywhere near what was right for us. Nowhere near. I said I'd facilitate him playing, but the Danish club's interest hasn't been strong enough and we are not a charity here, it has to be right for us. We like him, we think he's a good goalkeeper and we have to developed him. He can only go if the deal's right.

on Kaspars Gorkss:
I don't know about that, we'll see. The first thing we'll do is talk to the players if something concrete was to happen regarding a player moving away.

on Jay Tabb and Simon Church:
Nothing on Tabby. I spoke to Churchy, I said to him a couple of months ago he should sign a contract with us. I think now he needs to go and play games and get his career up and running. If I was a Championship club I'd take Churchy all day long. He works hard, scores goals, plays for his country, I've got a lot of time for Churchy and he's done well for me.

on Alex Pearce's contract:
No news, still trying to do a deal but it hasn't happened as of yet. It's not been easy. But Alex is in the team and we're winning games, that's all that matters to me. If he lets his contract run down to the summer it's his prerogative. I'm sure his agent will have offers from other clubs, that'll be the reason. He says he wants to stay, we want him to stay, all we can do is try to win games with him in the team. I said to Alex it's the longest negotiation I've ever known!

lastly, on the importance of Nick Hammond's role:
It's great to have someone you've known a long time and it's why the Director of Football position is really important. He can get on with things, contracts and so on. I've known Nick 30 years, he's done a great job for us and it works. There's a lot of debate about what Directors of Football do, but I know exactly what he brings. I can concentrate on the team, trying to win the game.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 31 Jan 2013 10:12

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2013 10:22

lol

719 posts