In praise of...Johnny Fordham

117 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

In praise of...Johnny Fordham

by Archie's penalty » 18 Dec 2012 22:16

Fair play to the lad, at the beginning I thought he was just another local hack but I'm really starting to warm to him.

Maybe it's because of twitter but I think he's really starting to take the fans' side and stop just giving the clubs' side of things.

It's helping to break through the PR crap that the club likes to throw at us. The Jimmy Kebe interview was just one example of this.

So well done Johnny for some good reporting recently. Well done!

RFCSPACE

Re: In praise of...Johnny Fordham

by RFCSPACE » 18 Dec 2012 22:38

Didn't see the Kebe interview until this, and its the best article about Reading I can remember. An honest view from a key person on the inside, pretty much saying what a lot of fans are thinking. Don't get me wrong I'm still in the BM out camp because although our squad may be a 'good Championship side', we shouldn't be getting dumped on as we are.

And FWIW I thought Kebe was great against Arsenal. Much more of an attacking threat and willing to run at players. I hope he can stay fit for a few weeks.

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 18 Dec 2012 23:57

Agree johnny is a good guy and knows his stuff. Cant stand the official site and always get my info from johnny.

And also well done Jimmy, spoke his mind and spoke of everyones mind by the looks of it. The team we have now isnt good enough, and mcdermott did his best with the small kitty he had to spend. Tsi are fully to blame in my opinion.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Dec 2012 01:37

Funny isn't it. No one complains about "The Reading Way" when results are favourable.

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 19 Dec 2012 02:04

Terminal Boardom Funny isn't it. No one complains about "The Reading Way" when results are favourable.

I don't think anyone cares what way its done, as long as the results are positive...

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Dec 2012 04:52

In praise of Johnny Fordham, and Jimmy Kebe for being willing to speak out.

I am betting he is hearing a lot "off the record" from people involved and he finally got one of the lads to go on the record. Kudos to him.

And good to see Jimmy on the "we should have done more in the summer to improve the team" side in the running debate. And his appraisal of the team's performance up to this point is very realistic...we're trying our damndest, but we're just not good enough and we could use some reinforcements, no candy coating it. Plus his steadfast defense of Brian. It doesn't sound like Brian has lost all of the dressing room.

And did he ever call out AZ! :shock:

Good work on getting the interview Johnny...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Dec 2012 05:04

Or, looking at it another way, the headline could so easily have said "Kebe looks to leave after lack of investment". Any coincidence that this appears just days before the window opens and straight after he scores twice against the Arse? :shock:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Dec 2012 06:50

Twice?

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 19 Dec 2012 07:16

A cracking piece of journalism.

Show the players are extremely frustrated by the decisions made by the management team!!!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 19 Dec 2012 07:24

A good interview, but after openly casting his views on the team will he not now suffer the Roberts, Guthrie ETC..............being dropped for dare casting an opinion....................The Reading way of course ?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 19 Dec 2012 07:51

Terminal Boardom Funny isn't it. No one complains about "The Reading Way" when results are favourable.

Nobody?

Some have always maintained that any (limited) success under the "Reading Way" was more luck than judgement. The most frustrating thing is the failure to invest to take advantage of the opportunities presented.

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 19 Dec 2012 07:53

Archie's penalty Fair play to the lad, at the beginning I thought he was just another local hack but I'm really starting to warm to him.

Maybe it's because of twitter but I think he's really starting to take the fans' side and stop just giving the clubs' side of things.

It's helping to break through the PR crap that the club likes to throw at us. The Jimmy Kebe interview was just one example of this.

So well done Johnny for some good reporting recently. Well done!

+1

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 19 Dec 2012 08:03

Terminal Boardom Or, looking at it another way, the headline could so easily have said "Kebe looks to leave after lack of investment". Any coincidence that this appears just days before the window opens and straight after he scores twice against the Arse? :shock:

Come again. Twice you say?

Champ kind

by Champ kind » 19 Dec 2012 08:10

great insight to what the players are thinking....funny that he didnt know who the chairman was....maybe that could suggest that Sir John is stepping down? they must know simethings going on.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 19 Dec 2012 09:19

Royal Dee

I don't think anyone cares what way its done, as long as the results are positive...

No, that's what too many glory hunting idiots like to believe.

REMTARDROYAL

by REMTARDROYAL » 19 Dec 2012 09:23

Some have always maintained that any (limited) success under the "Reading Way" was more luck than judgement.

That's fucking retarded, though.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Dec 2012 09:37

The piece was indeed an unusually candid piece of local journalism in an era where news coming out of football clubs is tightly controlled.

In that context you have to ask why? Is Kebe off, is it Fordham's swan song?

Time will tell.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Dec 2012 09:46

Also on TalkSport Jonny coming out and saying that he can't see us coming back from this and getting out of our current position. He's in a very difficult position with the club and being a fan but the last couple of weeks has earned him some kudos this end.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 19 Dec 2012 09:47

I think it's because everybody knows that Brian's position has become completely untenable.

He's lost the dressing room, he's lost the fans. he's lost the media.

He wont quit because he wants his payout - time for AnJon to step up to the plate and put him out of his misery.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Dec 2012 10:18

Avon Royal

Nobody?

Some have always maintained that any (limited) success under the "Reading Way" was more luck than judgement. .

what alot of shit

117 posts