Back from the game - Swansea

129 posts
DaveBanana

Back from the game - Swansea

by DaveBanana » 26 Dec 2012 17:58

Thought we were dreadful first half, and lucky a couple of times - Michu clear through, and particularly Gunter heading straight to him in the edge of the six yard box, Guthrie and Jem seemed the only two who were going for it at this stage.. Second half MUCH better, Guthrie Kebe and Gunter with some great play down the right, and a few neat chances! Couldn't tell why the goal was disallowed at the time but I'm told it's handball, and was certain Alfs effort moments later was flying in! Overall, first half we looked doomed, and second we remembered we need quite a few points! Williams the murderer was a massive drama queen for large parts too actually, that was hugely frustrating!

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Swansea

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:00

williams pissed me off at the end wasting over a minute of time on a fake injury. piece of shit human being.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 26 Dec 2012 18:01

USA_Loyal_Royal williams pissed me off at the end wasting over a minute of time on a fake injury. piece of shit human being.

Very smart though..

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 26 Dec 2012 18:02

Alf's was a clear handball, he could have probably headed it in tbh

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 26 Dec 2012 18:05

blueroyals Alf's was a clear handball, he could have probably headed it in tbh

It was rather embarrassing. Well spotted by the ref.

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:06

Mike Hunt
blueroyals Alf's was a clear handball, he could have probably headed it in tbh

It was rather embarrassing. Well spotted by the ref.

Found it more embarrassing when he celebrated like he just scored the winner in a World Cup final

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 26 Dec 2012 18:10

Was it really blatant/obvious then? It was the only part of the game I filmed on my phone so went mental when it went in, then my battery died and it was disallowed, saaaaake!

Also - Feds! Three in a row now he's been back to his old self, and Pearce looked brill at the back - have contracts been sorted now or are we just getting desperate?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 26 Dec 2012 18:14

Thought we looked solid :shock:, and by the full time whistle, worthy of a point.

Karacan and Guthrie add so much to the midfield, if nothing else, to break up the dire Tabb and Leigertwood partnership. Anyone who criticised Guthrie should be ashamed of themselves, he should have been in the team weeks ago.

Defensively strong, Pearce and Mariappa looked competent, dealing with the rather shite Swansea I thought. Kept the ball, but no cutting edge and once put under some pressure, wobbled.

Onwards and upwards!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:15

DaveBanana Was it really blatant/obvious then? It was the only part of the game I filmed on my phone so went mental when it went in, then my battery died and it was disallowed, saaaaake!

Also - Feds! Three in a row now he's been back to his old self, and Pearce looked brill at the back - have contracts been sorted now or are we just getting desperate?

Basically Alf had his hand right in front of his face and he palmed it in, very clear cut.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Dec 2012 18:16

LoyalRoyalFan Thought we looked solid :shock:, and by the full time whistle, worthy of a point.

Karacan and Guthrie add so much to the midfield, if nothing else, to break up the dire Tabb and Leigertwood partnership. Anyone who criticised Guthrie should be ashamed of themselves, he should have been in the team weeks ago.

Defensively strong, Pearce and Mariappa looked competent, dealing with the rather shite Swansea I thought. Kept the ball, but no cutting edge and once put under some pressure, wobbled.

Onwards and upwards!

Christ man he wasnt that good. Average like the rest

What you mean is, we should have had a 5 man midfield weeks ago

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 26 Dec 2012 18:28

Legsofwood- Absolute shit! We are never gonna win a game with this big pile of oxf*rd in our team. McCleary IN! To play behind ALF!

Harte- Didn't think he had a good game, just hoofed it up to Pog hoping he would make something out of nothing. Shorey IN!

Pog- No service, just hoofed the ball up to him. Horrible first touch. ALF IN!

McAnuff- Did nothing, other than get subbed for the far superior Hal Robson Kanu. HRK IN!

McDermott must be absolute blind with his selections.

Brightside-

Guthrie, what we have been missing. Drops a little bit too deep for a CF but adds quality and passion. Put him more in a CM role and stick McCleary behind ALF.
    Karacan- Passion, can pass and never stops. Just what we are missing, just a shame Legsofwoods gets in his way.
    Got a clean sheet.

A massive game and if we can build on today whilst taking the shit out then we could get the three points.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 26 Dec 2012 18:28

John Madejski's Wallet
LoyalRoyalFan Thought we looked solid :shock:, and by the full time whistle, worthy of a point.

Onwards and upwards!

Christ man he wasnt that good. Average like the rest

What you mean is, we should have had a 5 man midfield weeks ago

Got stuck in, good work-rate about him, had quality on the ball.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Dec 2012 18:30

Observations of the day: good fancy dress effort by 1/4 of the North Stand turning up dressed as blue seats. Wet day, not famous opposition, so the flaky nature of our support was shown up yet again.

To those who chanted 'boring boring Swansea' midway through the first half as they passed us off the park with their dainty little triangles: I'd rather watch their brand of football than ours, any day of the week. Probably the same clueless morons who chanted for Le Fondre to be introduced at City, when the main reason we were hanging on for a point was the 4-5-1 formation and the personnel selected.

This was another good effort today, we showed good shape and defended well. We are still wretchedly poor in possession, but at least we haven't been roundly humiliated in the past two games in the way we were in the preceeding too.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 26 Dec 2012 18:33

floyd__streete
To those who chanted 'boring boring Swansea' midway through the first half as they passed us off the park with their dainty little triangles: I'd rather watch their brand of football than ours, any day of the week.

Agreed. I love watching them TBH. I would much rather watch them for 90 minutes than 1 minute of Stoke "football".

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Dec 2012 18:33

Mr.T10 Legsofwood- Absolute shit! We are never gonna win a game with this big pile of oxf*rd in our team. McCleary IN! To play behind ALF!

I knew Leigertwood would get stick today and I feel that he isn't up to playing Premier League football (QPR bombed him out, as they did with Gorkss who Brian finally has sussed out to be inadequate at this level) HOWEVER it is clear that he is retained in midfield for his relative height at set pieces, which remain our likeliest (only?) opportunity of scoring a goal. Tabb doesn't offer any such threat. I thought Leigertwood played his own part in a good point today in his own 'spoiling' role.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 26 Dec 2012 18:35

floyd__streete
This was another good effort today, we showed good shape and defended well. We are still wretchedly poor in possession, but at least we haven't been roundly humiliated in the past two games in the way we were in the preceeding too.

this^^^^

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 26 Dec 2012 18:36

Thought we looked okay in the second half after allowing a better managed, higher spending team with one fantastic player, four or five very good players and three or four not so bad players completely bossed the first half. The Disallowed goal was fair enough, as was the yellow. We still give the ball away too easily and tend to let teams run at us - although that seems to be in the process of being addressed.
Not too keen on the barracking of Ledge. But then again, I'd have Pat Earles, Richie Bowman and Steve Hetzke in the team alongside John Alexander on the bench so what do I know...

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 26 Dec 2012 18:37

floyd__streete Observations of the day: good fancy dress effort by 1/4 of the North Stand turning up dressed as blue seats. Wet day, not famous opposition, so the flaky nature of our support was shown up yet again.

To those who chanted 'boring boring Swansea' midway through the first half as they passed us off the park with their dainty little triangles: I'd rather watch their brand of football than ours, any day of the week. Probably the same clueless morons who chanted for Le Fondre to be introduced at City, when the main reason we were hanging on for a point was the 4-5-1 formation and the personnel selected.

Both teams teams were poor in keeping possession.

1st half we were afraid of our own shadows, 2nd half we started getting a little nasty and were (slightly) better for it.

Decent point (shame we lost so many points against the likes of Newcastle/Stoke/Rangers/Wigan etc.)

The Royal

by The Royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:41

wolsey
floyd__streete Observations of the day: good fancy dress effort by 1/4 of the North Stand turning up dressed as blue seats. Wet day, not famous opposition, so the flaky nature of our support was shown up yet again.

1st half we were afraid of our own shadows, 2nd half we started getting a little nasty and were (slightly) better for it.
Annoying to drop so many points, 17 if I even correctly, which would have placed us in 8th,2 points above Liverpool

Decent point (shame we lost so many points against the likes of Newcastle/Stoke/Rangers/Wigan etc.)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Dec 2012 18:46

wolsey

Errr... :?

129 posts