Jobi jeered when subbed - drop or not to drop?

Would you drop McAnuff?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 106
Divvy

Jobi jeered when subbed - drop or not to drop?

by Divvy » 26 Dec 2012 21:17

I couldn't make the game today but heard that the fans cheered in sarcastic fashion when Jobi was subbed today. McD defended him in the post match interviews, but this is a long time coming for me and though a nice enough lad, he is far from captain material and his performances have largely been disappointing to anonymous this season (...yes but look at his assists) - yes but look at how bloody wasteful he is in possession and easy he is to mark/read.

I'm in the 'glad he was subbed' camp, and hopefully then the 'glad he was dropped' camp.

Drop or not drop, that is the question?

Give Pearce the captaincy along with a new contract!

Toon Toon Blue army

Re: Jobi jeered when subbed - drop or not to drop?

by Toon Toon Blue army » 26 Dec 2012 21:19

I don't thing its a dig at Jobi, more aimed at Brian for continuing with the same tactics and substitutions for the majority of the season so far.. unless I'm wrong?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 26 Dec 2012 21:21

Oof, 9-0 inside 2 minutes.

I think there are wingers here who are more offensive and deserve a chance in the team and will probably be asking themselves what does it take to 'rest' Jobi..

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Dec 2012 21:27

Jobi is clearly a cut above HRK (though I do like HRK). He has four assists this season, the same as some of the most creative players in the league like Santi Cazorla, David Silva and Nicky Shorey (;)). He is far better defensively than HRK and a better passer.

We could try McCleary on the left, but I'd rather have HRK. Switching Kebe would leave our defensively useless right back exposed.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 26 Dec 2012 21:34

He doesn't have any pace and almost always looks to cut inside. Marking him is a doddle.

4 assists or not, he could do with a kick up the arse and miss a few games. I disagree with a little of the above in the HRK actually looks a lot more useful attacking his marker. He also has a better cross on him. Defensively yes, but he wont improve that side of his game from the bench and 20 mins here and there.

McCleary and Kebe are for me our best wingers when running at people. Both have quick feet and are a nightmare for defenders. That's what we're missing when we get the ball wide.

I think we all largely feel a bit frustrated at the all too often tactical change of McAnuff coming into midfield to make room for another winger, and yet McAnuff looks terrible when he comes inside. Big mistake and that, due to lack of options I'm sure, has got to stop.

Drop, stick a rocket up his arse, and then make him fight for his shirt whilst giving McCleary/HRK a deserved chance. They've shown a lot of patience and so far avoided 'injuries' for showing any frustrations they might have..

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 26 Dec 2012 21:43

Don't really blame mcanuff or any of them really. As has been said a trillion times before they are only average Championship players at best trying to punch above their weight.

And all have failed.

Management's fault.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Dec 2012 21:50

SCIAG Jobi is clearly a cut above HRK (though I do like HRK). He has four assists this season, the same as some of the most creative players in the league like Santi Cazorla, David Silva and Nicky Shorey (;)). He is far better defensively than HRK and a better passer.

We could try McCleary on the left, but I'd rather have HRK. Switching Kebe would leave our defensively useless right back exposed.

Agreed.

McAnuff gets a bit of undeserved grief on here. He's not the best in the league, hence never being bought by anyway to play in the PL despite a pretty decent career, but he's the best around option we've got and, for the most part, does a great job for the team.

scratchgrey

by scratchgrey » 26 Dec 2012 21:52

"Nice enough lad". Telling fans that have travelled over 4 hours on a freezing cold December day to f*** off when they rightly question his work rate doesn't make me think of him as a “nice enough lad” or even a decent captain in that case.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 26 Dec 2012 22:01

scratchgrey "Nice enough lad". Telling fans that have travelled over 4 hours on a freezing cold December day to f*** off when they rightly question his work rate doesn't make me think of him as a “nice enough lad” or even a decent captain in that case.

can't fault his work rate but he needs to set more of an example to the team as well as motivating them, we were all saying the same about him this time last year lets hope he turns it around again

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 26 Dec 2012 22:03

Good squad player but he rarely delivers.

Shit at crossing
shit at passing
Shit control

So one dimensional its scary.

However if he didn't have to spend time covering the LB likewise with Jimmy their focus might be on attacking.

scratchgrey

by scratchgrey » 26 Dec 2012 22:24

Royals-lad14
scratchgrey "Nice enough lad". Telling fans that have travelled over 4 hours on a freezing cold December day to f*** off when they rightly question his work rate doesn't make me think of him as a “nice enough lad” or even a decent captain in that case.

can't fault his work rate but he needs to set more of an example to the team as well as motivating them, we were all saying the same about him this time last year lets hope he turns it around again

His work rate definitely seems to drop along with his head as soon a things aren't going our way in a game.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 27 Dec 2012 01:58

From what I see it seems brian is reluctant to drop jm but the stick jm gets is unfair. To jeer your own player coming off is a joke, it achieves nothing. However I do get annoyed when people on here talk about him having the most assists out of the wingers here. Wouldn't one expect that from a winger who plays almost every minute of every game!? If stats have to come into I'm sure it would be a lot closer when you divide by game time. Saying that I think he gives his all and if he wasn't captain he would get a lot less stick and may actually perform better.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 27 Dec 2012 09:14

Fans who cheered him off should be the ones booted out. In particular a bloke near the front of Y21 who spends much of every home game booing him, shouting insults at him and clapping when he makes a mistake.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 27 Dec 2012 09:20

soggy biscuit Fans who cheered him off should be the ones booted out.

Agreed. The time for motivational booing is at the start of the game. When a player is taken off, it's just too late.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Dec 2012 09:34

Well done Jobi for showing the vocal ability that many have been calling for. Did they say to him ''I say, Jobi, I don't believe your workrate is currently up to scratch please improve'' or did they word it slightly differently? Like ''Oi Jobi, pull your finger out your arse, you pcunt. If we see you in Reddin teyn centa we'll av ya''.

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 27 Dec 2012 09:37

I just wish he would stay on his feet more, forever falling over looking for fouls and then sits there with arms out-stretched pleading with ref whilst rest of team rush back to cover. Perhaps Leroy "roller skates" Lita has donated a pair to him

royal67

by royal67 » 27 Dec 2012 09:42

Royal91 Good squad player but he rarely delivers.

However if he didn't have to spend time covering the LB likewise with Jimmy their focus might be on attacking.

^^ This....... ^^ I'm astounded that people don't appreciate the defensive shift that McAnuff has to put in when he has that useless twat Harte playing behind him...... Why the feck wasn't Shorey in the squad yesterday.....? I suppose it was Brian's punishment for losing us the City game.....??

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 27 Dec 2012 11:21

Some of the jeering of Ledge and Jobi is disgusting, infact all of it is. We may be struggling, but none of that is down to lack of effort or desire. Both give everything when on the pitch and play according to the management's instructions. Fans in short memories shocker (!)

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Dec 2012 11:23

SCIAG Jobi is clearly a cut above HRK (though I do like HRK). He has four assists this season, the same as some of the most creative players in the league like Santi Cazorla, David Silva and Nicky Shorey (;)). He is far better defensively than HRK and a better passer.

The right back that has contributed to conceeding one goal in the last 2 games.. And played in our other clean sheet at home to Norwich

Oh

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 27 Dec 2012 11:33

grey_squirrel Don't really blame mcanuff or any of them really. As has been said a trillion times before they are only average Championship players at best trying to punch above their weight.

And all have failed.

Management's fault.

I agree with the point that it is management's fault, but I am sick to death of hearing the same old cliche of 'Championship players punching above their weight'.

Isn't that the same with all Championship teams that come up? Norwich? Swansea? West Ham? West Brom? Sunderland? etc. They all come up, have added to the squad and managed to stay in the league and prosper. It's all about getting that right balance, and I'm afraid to say, McDermott hasn't. He's failed. Nineteen games in and still only one win?

As for McAnuff and Leigertwood, how come everyone else can see they are a shower of shit this season, but not the management?