SIGNED - Hope Akpan

557 posts
Biscuit_Boy

Re: SIGNED - Hope Akpan

by Biscuit_Boy » 31 Jan 2013 09:42

This probably belongs on the 'media don't like us' thread but I can't find it. Anyway, Alan Curbishly talking about Alf's first goal last night, 'great ball in from Leigertwood'. And they get paid for this expert analysis? :|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2013 09:49

Thought he looked awful yesterday

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Jan 2013 09:56

Dave Gale I can understand where some of the posters come from in terms of feeling underwhelmed after hearing the talk about needing experienced heads. I'm sure they're happy to be proven wrong - but it's still early days and we have only seen a couple of cameos so far from Mr. Akpan. All the signs are positive though - but it's not quite time for 'told you so' comments.

It's high time those who post utter sh*te on here were reminded more often of how little they really know about the game.

You could substitute Hope's name for many others including Kitson, Doyle and Long.

The fact is, Akpan made a major contribution to stealing a draw from the jaws of defeat against the current European Champions after our resident muppets YET AGAIN AND WITH TEDIOUS CONSTISTENCY wrote a player off simply because of where he came from and how much we paid for him and, as such, is it time for "told you so's"? oxf*rd too right with bells on :|

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 02 Feb 2013 19:25

Please to see Akpan start after his 20 minute cameo on Wednesday when he set up the two goals for Le Fondre.

Worked hard all game, but lacked composure on the ball a couple of times when he just hoofed it clear.

He will learn and will only get better.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Feb 2013 19:29

Woodcote Royal
Dave Gale I can understand where some of the posters come from in terms of feeling underwhelmed after hearing the talk about needing experienced heads. I'm sure they're happy to be proven wrong - but it's still early days and we have only seen a couple of cameos so far from Mr. Akpan. All the signs are positive though - but it's not quite time for 'told you so' comments.

It's high time those who post utter sh*te on here were reminded more often of how little they really know about the game.

You could substitute Hope's name for many others including Kitson, Doyle and Long.

The fact is, Akpan made a major contribution to stealing a draw from the jaws of defeat against the current European Champions after our resident muppets YET AGAIN AND WITH TEDIOUS CONSTISTENCY wrote a player off simply because of where he came from and how much we paid for him and, as such, is it time for "told you so's"? oxf*rd too right with bells on :|

Don't mean to be rude but you are coming across as a bit of a know it all bell picking out everyone's posts. I don't see who made you judge & jury on all things RFC related.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 02 Feb 2013 19:39

The Real Sandhurst Royal Please to see Akpan start after his 20 minute cameo on Wednesday when he set up the two goals for Le Fondre.

Worked hard all game, but lacked composure on the ball a couple of times when he just hoofed it clear.

He will learn and will only get better.

People will say he hoofed it when he should had looked for the pass, i say he showed what you should do on your debut. Save the passing for the final third 8)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Feb 2013 19:42

Indeed

If in doubt, give it a clout

Finess will come after a few more games with his team mates..............Chelsea just got unlucky lol

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Feb 2013 19:43

MmmMonsterMunch
Woodcote Royal

Don't mean to be rude but you are coming across as a bit of a know it all bell picking out everyone's posts. I don't see who made you judge & jury on all things RFC related.

I don't sensor the sh*t people post on here but having become very sick of having to wade through it all just to find a few nuggets of informed opinion, WTF shouldn't I expose it for what is...........................utter nonsense.

If you wish to slag off players you've never seen kick a ball, expect to be made to look rather stupid on a regular basis.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 02 Feb 2013 19:47

MmmMonsterMunch Don't mean to be rude but you are coming across as a bit of a know it all bell picking out everyone's posts. I don't see who made you judge & jury on all things RFC related.

Says the person who thinks his view on goal music is representative of everyone!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Feb 2013 19:49

West Stand Man
MmmMonsterMunch Don't mean to be rude but you are coming across as a bit of a know it all bell picking out everyone's posts. I don't see who made you judge & jury on all things RFC related.

Says the person who thinks his view on goal music is representative of everyone!
Dirkers didn't want the National Anthem at Wembley (v Swansea)...guess what?

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 02 Feb 2013 20:10

hold my hands up i was totally wrong about him i was guilty of judging before i watched him play .Would still have liked to seen some sort of marque signing though but still.....

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Feb 2013 20:12

West Stand Man

I'm not desperately searching through other people's posts to throw back at them though am I? Have some self respect.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Feb 2013 20:17

The fact is, Akpan made a major contribution to stealing a draw from the jaws of defeat against the current European Champions after our resident muppets YET AGAIN AND WITH TEDIOUS CONSTISTENCY wrote a player off simply because of where he came from and how much we paid for him and, as such, is it time for "told you so's"? oxf*rd too right with bells on :|[/quote]

Don't mean to be rude but you are coming across as a bit of a know it all bell picking out everyone's posts. I don't see who made you judge & jury on all things RFC related.[/quote]

I don't sensor the sh*t people post on here but having become very sick of having to wade through it all just to find a few nuggets of informed opinion, WTF shouldn't I expose it for what is...........................utter nonsense.

If you wish to slag off players you've never seen kick a ball, expect to be made to look rather stupid on a regular basis.[/quote]

Again - who are you to judge on 'informed opinion'? I agree about Akpan FTR but just playing devils advocate here. If you don't like others opinions, then you should probably fcuk off & not post on a forum. I wouldn't usually care but lots of the threads are full up with your superior rubbish i.e. trying to single people out and it's pretty tedious.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 02 Feb 2013 20:28

They are the breed that thinks you have to spend loads of money.

Probably aged between 16 & 24 but really want to follow a different club.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Feb 2013 20:46

Brilliant. Very impressed.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Feb 2013 20:55

Excellent today, faded a bit in the second half, but is doing exactly what we wanted from Guthrie to start with.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 03 Feb 2013 00:10

How the hell he was playing at Crawley is pretty mind boggling.

So glad we are a club that is willing to take punts on these lower league players.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Feb 2013 00:16

how was Alf playing at Rotherham? etc etc

Its where decent players come from...if they are given the chance

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 03 Feb 2013 00:19

To the tune of Goldfinger...

Hope Akpan (doo dooooo dooo doo-dle loodle loo)
He's the man, the man with the finest touch, he'll set Alf up!

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Feb 2013 01:09

Hope Akpan Woaahhh
Hope Akpan Woahhhh
We bought him for a quid,
Now look what he did
etc etc.

557 posts