BFTG Wigan

314 posts
ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Wigan

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Feb 2013 18:33

The Real Sandhurst Royal
RoyalBkue wrote: If we do go down, the main reason will be two p*ss poor transfer windows

In total agreement RB...we had a chance to change things twice and bring in quality with premier league experience and did nothing!!

Oh sorry i thought they were premier league quality :o In BRIAN WE TRUST

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 23 Feb 2013 18:36

Usual suspects, usual shit.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:38

Para Handy Usual suspects, usual shit.

And your enlightened view on today? What excuses/explanation can you give for players and management rolling over in the manner that they did today in such an important game?

So either stop the insults and try debating the situation or don't bother logging on.

royalfanforever

by royalfanforever » 23 Feb 2013 18:40

I am embarrassed with 'that' performance - we lacked drive, passion and spirit. We were gutless and every time we had the ball, we did nothing with it and plus, we panicked. And don't get me started with the Pog, he was useless and got sent off and what was up with his first touch?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:42

royalfanforever I am embarrassed with 'that' performance - we lacked drive, passion and spirit. We were gutless and every time we had the ball, we did nothing with it and plus, we panicked. And don't get me started with the Pog, he was useless and got sent off and what was up with his first touch.

He was by no means our worst player today. What's more, if you were to watch a recording of the game with an open mind, you would notice that, more often than not, his first touch was pretty good. However, most people will choose to remember him for the poor header that he sent back towards his own defence not long before he got sent off.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 23 Feb 2013 18:46

RoyalBlue And your enlightened view on today? What excuses/explanation can you give for players and management rolling over in the manner that they did today in such an important game?

So either stop the insults and try debating the situation or don't bother logging on.

I can't be arsed to debate with fickle idiots.

Oh, and fuck off. 8)

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Feb 2013 18:48

RoyalBlue
royalfanforever I am embarrassed with 'that' performance - we lacked drive, passion and spirit. We were gutless and every time we had the ball, we did nothing with it and plus, we panicked. And don't get me started with the Pog, he was useless and got sent off and what was up with his first touch.

He was by no means our worst player today. What's more, if you were to watch a recording of the game with an open mind, you would notice that, more often than not, his first touch was pretty good. However, most people will choose to remember him for the poor header that he sent back towards his own defence not long before he got sent off.

Agreed, the Pog is getting alot of stick here tonight, there was no way he was anywhere near our worse player, its a thankless task asking him to do what he does, and more often than not he holds up the ball well and lays it off......but the pricks on here and at the ground only look at the times when he lost the ball, did anyone notice if Hunt actually held a single ball up today?

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 23 Feb 2013 18:49

RoyalBlue
Para Handy Usual suspects, usual shit.

And your enlightened view on today? What excuses/explanation can you give for players and management rolling over in the manner that they did today in such an important game?

Shock horror - football fans being bitter and irrational after their team loses.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Feb 2013 18:49

Hopefully we bounce back from that with a great win.

Ratings:

Feds 8: several good saves
Kelly 7: they kept trying to exploit him but he dealt with the danger.
Morrison 3: at fault for two goals. Not Pearce.
Mariappa 7: utterly exposed a lot of the time, but did well, don't remember him getting rinsed in the way Morrison was.
Harte 5: just anonymous.
Kebe 5: his worst game for a long time.
Karacan 4: I understand why he was selected, to break up play, but he failed at that. Should be behind Guthrie.
Ledge 6: some good passing, and tackled well.
Akpan 6: seems like a bit of a livewire. In a way that's good, but he is a lot more wasteful than most of our players.
McAnuff 5: felt sorry for him
Pog 2: would be a 4 and "isolated". He held up the ball fairly well but the sending off makes that useless.

Le Fondre, Hunt, McCleary: 4- isolated and anonymous

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 23 Feb 2013 18:52

I thought the idea of making January signings was for them to make an immediate impact to a side clearly needing impetus at the crucial time of the season.

Yet two of them don't even make the bench?!

Mis management at the highest and worse of levels.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Feb 2013 18:53

To be honest after a sickeningly poor display like that, letting everyone down, the players ought to donate their week's wages to a local children's hospice or something like that, McDermott as well. Second thoughts, make that a month's wages.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Feb 2013 18:53

grey_squirrel I thought the idea of making January signings was for them to make an immediate impact to a side clearly needing impetus at the crucial time of the season.

Yet two of them don't even make the bench?!

Mis management at the highest and worse of levels.

Same goes for the summer signings not just jan signings

l0y4l R0y4l
Location: Be Proud, Be Loud, Back The Boys and Make Some Noise.

by l0y4l R0y4l » 23 Feb 2013 18:56

I don't know how some of the posters on here can be so short sighted?

How can Pogrebneyak being banned for three matches be a positive? He had scraps to feed off AGAIN today. He has the hardest job in the team in playing up top Isolated on his own. I feel our recent decent run of form has mirrored that of his own.

Knock him at your peril, You will all be eating your words when we have Noel Hunt leading the line against Everton.

But yes his dismisal and pathetic lash out was a huge blot on his Reading career.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Feb 2013 18:58

l0y4l R0y4l I don't know how some of the posters on here can be so short sighted?

How can Pogrebneyak being banned for three matches be a positive? He had scraps to feed off AGAIN today. He has the hardest job in the team in playing up top Isolated on his own. I feel our recent decent run of form has mirrored that of his own.

Knock him at your peril, You will all be eating your words when we have Noel Hunt leading the line against Everton.

But yes his dismisal and pathetic lash out was a huge blot on his Reading career.

+1.000.000

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:59

Para Handy
RoyalBlue And your enlightened view on today? What excuses/explanation can you give for players and management rolling over in the manner that they did today in such an important game?

I can't be arsed to debate with fickle idiots.

Oh, and fuck off. 8)

Easy answer. Much more of a challenge to defend/justify anything about today's performance. Nothing fickle about supporters complaining about the way players and management performed today. Seems the supporters care more about PL survival than some of those on the pitch. Lack of talent one thing but lack of fight.........

Against ManU everyone was throwing themselves in front of everything in our area. Today they all stood back and watched as Wigan put the first one away.

Unknown

by Unknown » 23 Feb 2013 19:01

Positives:
- Kelly solid signing
- Federici still on form
- Pogs out for 3 games

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 23 Feb 2013 19:04

l0y4l R0y4l I don't know how some of the posters on here can be so short sighted?

+1. What do people expect from him, take on their whole team? I thought he held up the ball well but no oxf*rd was near him so either loses it or has to go back 20 yards from which it came from.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Feb 2013 19:04

Spot on.

Anyway, we were fcuking dreadful today but fair play to Wigan who were as good a side as we've seen at the Madejski this season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 19:05

Someone behind me commented that the third goal was like the parting of the Red Sea. Truth was, the Red Sea seemed to have been drained at half-time!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Feb 2013 19:06

Unknown Positives:
- Kelly solid signing
- Federici still on form
- Pogs out for 3 games

so who is going to lead the line know..?..nicely thought out user name BTW

314 posts