Not down yet!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Not down yet!

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Feb 2013 16:00

Well it is. Big Ern, RB, Avon and the like do nothing but moan. They almost revel in defeat. Pretty sad if you ask me.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 24 Feb 2013 16:11

72 bus
creative_username_1 don't slit your wrists just yet. Not a lot has changed at the bottom

Obvious that you where not at the game yesterday, that side is nailed on for relegation.
They are a team of bottlers when it really matters, they all get on great with each other though, so that's alright.
We move quickly on as brian always says, whilst shiftily looking anywhere but the camera

I wasn't as i was in Ireland. Unfortunate as my son has a 100% record of seeing Reading win. I assume he thinks
we're up there with Barcelona 5 out of 5 wins. We'll be at Villa

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 Feb 2013 16:14

MmmMonsterMunch Well it is. Big Ern, RB, Avon and the like do nothing but moan. They almost revel in defeat. Pretty sad if you ask me.

:roll:

Yeah, that's right - I love nothing more than doing a 180 mile round trip every other week to "revel in defeat".

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Feb 2013 16:49

creative_username_1
LUX Just like to chip in on the (relatively) positive thread. Today was awful, no question. But with 11 games left, to give up now is fking stoopid.

+1 AE leading the way again

IN for the AE positivity posse. Daren't look at the rest of the team board as the mongs will be unbearable so I'll restrict my comments to here and say that yes, it was dreadful yesterday but we're still just a point from safety so there's absolutely no need for everyone to get so upset, divs

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 24 Feb 2013 17:59

MmmMonsterMunch Sorry but this 'team of bottlers' won 14 from the last 17 games to take the title last season including all the promotion rivals away from home. You sir are talking out of your ass. Show a bit of support when they need it most & get behind them!

Great, and just remind me how many Premiership points do we get from last seasons heroics?

MmmMonsterMunch
Same old sh1t from the same old whiners. Always moan when we lose & nothing good to say when we win.

Sorry if caring for the club means we get a little dissapointed when we lose, especially to a team we are scrapping with against relegation and als when we have to put uo with such an inept performance.

I take no satisfaction from defeat, it ruins my weekend however I feel more frustrated that we have undone all the heroics of last season by not even trying to move forward on the pitch. And saying we make no positive comments when we win is absolute Bo Larks.

cpmurph

by cpmurph » 24 Feb 2013 18:05

No, we are not down yet.

But it's becoming increasingly unlikely that we'll escape :(

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 24 Feb 2013 18:29

cpmurph No, we are not down yet.

But it's becoming increasingly unlikely that we'll escape :(

Thanks

The Pope is catholic and bears shit in the woods

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2013 20:23

SPARTA
creative_username_1 don't slit your wrists just yet. Not a lot has changed at the bottom

If you think there are 15 points left in us this season then you're on drugs mate. We are nailed on for the drop. Totally given up after that shower of shit performance today, both on the pitch and the same negative tactics.

There was a point earlier in the season where it looked like we'd struggle to get 15 total, let alone 15 more. We then got 14 out of 24. The balance of probabilities is that we just lost a crucial game on our way to relegation. But it's not nailed on by any stretch yet.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Feb 2013 20:27

Ian Royal
SPARTA

If you think there are 15 points left in us this season then you're on drugs mate. We are nailed on for the drop. Totally given up after that shower of shit performance today, both on the pitch and the same negative tactics.

There was a point earlier in the season where it looked like we'd struggle to get 15 total, let alone 15 more. We then got 14 out of 24. The balance of probabilities is that we just lost a crucial game on our way to relegation. But it's not nailed on by any stretch yet.

It will be as good as nailed on by the end of March. You have looked at those fixtures I take it? If we sneak 3 points from that month then it's been a good month, but we're then hoping the others around us lose the next 4 in a row...
Last edited by SPARTA on 24 Feb 2013 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2013 20:30

May well be. But it isn't now and we haven't lost those games yet. Get a grip, it's one point FFS.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 24 Feb 2013 20:33

Ian Royal May well be. But it isn't now and we haven't lost those games yet. Get a grip, it's one point FFS.

Get a grip? I didn't realise I lost it in the first place. I'm a realist, unlike you I do sit through every home game (not a dig), and as you know, we've been here before. Without the sides around us losing the next four, we will be all but done come April. If we stay up this season, I'll buy you a season ticket for next season.

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 24 Feb 2013 20:38

Not gonna slam the team or Brian. I'm just left with a nagging feeling of frustration. Both McDermott and Coppell have/had the same mantra that the players earned the right to play in the top division and therefore will not invest a large amount of money on players as other teams do. While others may look on and applaud this for lil 'ole Reading for giving it a go - it is just so inherently wrong that it is now beyond laughable that we are repeating the same mistakes and look odds-on to go down.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2013 20:44

SPARTA
Ian Royal May well be. But it isn't now and we haven't lost those games yet. Get a grip, it's one point FFS.

Get a grip? I didn't realise I lost it in the first place. I'm a realist, unlike you I do sit through every home game (not a dig), and as you know, we've been here before. Without the sides around us losing the next four, we will be all but done come April. If we stay up this season, I'll buy you a season ticket for next season.

Not a dig, but have a dig anyway? Good one. You're a cock (not an insult).

If you were a realist, you might be in touch with reality and not tossing nonsense about being relegated with 11 games left when we're 1 point off safety. I'm extremely peeved, not just because I could see this coming combined with the return to poor team selection. It's put a bit of a crimp on my birthday as well. But I'm trying to keep a little perspective despite it.

Cool, thanks, I'll be able to justify the railfare if I don't have to worry about ticket prices.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Feb 2013 20:46

You are so right Ben.

However, what would be the incentive for last seasons team to achieve what they did, if all they had to look forward to this season, was the sack a few days after the promotion party?

There is so much that I would change in this game, but not giving the guys a go isnt one of them

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 24 Feb 2013 20:56

AthleticoSpizz You are so right Ben.

However, what would be the incentive for last seasons team to achieve what they did, if all they had to look forward to this season, was the sack a few days after the promotion party?

There is so much that I would change in this game, but not giving the guys a go isnt one of them

Know what you mean. Not saying, though, that we should have ousted every squad member from title winning side, just that perhaps the club could have swallowed it's pride a bit in regards to transfer fees.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 24 Feb 2013 21:17

Ian Royal
SPARTA

Not a dig, but have a dig anyway? Good one. You're a cock (not an insult).

If you were a realist, you might be in touch with reality and not tossing nonsense about being relegated with 11 games left when we're 1 point off safety. I'm extremely peeved, not just because I could see this coming combined with the return to poor team selection. It's put a bit of a crimp on my birthday as well. But I'm trying to keep a little perspective despite it.

Cool, thanks, I'll be able to justify the railfare if I don't have to worry about ticket prices.

Oh grow up. Watching games online is very different to watching the game live! You can count on one hand the good performances we have put in at home this season, and we haven't won away. The wee run of form was great, but have some perspective yourself; we were chasing the games after giving away yet more goals, and we got lucky when we threw everything at it with the final minutes. That isn't form as such, it's good fortune. Yesterday may well be a one off, but nevertheless, we make very few chances at home and even less away, and March's fixtures are brutal. If we're less than 3 points behind 17th when we enter April then I'll be very surprised. And FWIW, it wasn't a dig. You see a lot more when you're at the game than you do watching on telly or a laptop! The players positioning, lack of movement off the ball, with the ball, their drive or lack of, etc.. I know you have a fair old way to travel, and I applaud you for getting to the games you get to; but you cannot rely solely on an opinion based largely on games watched online.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 24 Feb 2013 21:21

Oxf*rd me you guys are a negative shower of shite!

What a massive over reaction to one performance. Yes it was a piss poor display, and yes it was against a relegation rival, but it was one bloody game. To anyone saying that we're definitely down, and that you can't see where the wins will come from, may I steer your attention to the form table in which we currently reside in 6th, with So'ton 14th, Wigan 15th, Villa 17th & QPR 20th.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, and right now I wouldn't put any money on who will stay up given how tight things are, but we're far from bloody doomed :evil:

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 24 Feb 2013 21:24

Far from doomed but can only see a maximum of 3 points from March. Anyone care to disagree?

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 24 Feb 2013 21:28

if this gets 100 pages and we stay up i'll get everyone completely tw@tted after the Wham game

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 24 Feb 2013 21:42

BenSmith91 Far from doomed but can only see a maximum of 3 points from March. Anyone care to disagree?

I care to disagree.

Out of interest how many points did you forecast for January and February?