Where was Guthrie again?!

587 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Guthrie

by Millsy » 06 Apr 2013 14:46

Did we lose shape because Guthrie went off or because Legs came on?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Apr 2013 15:19

Excellent first 30 then completely bypassed by our reversion to panicked hoofing. Only midfielder who showed even the remotest glimpse of class or ability.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 06 Apr 2013 15:26

notloyalenuffroyal Jay Tabb > Guthrie

(bollocks)

Corrected

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 06 Apr 2013 15:28

Ian Royal Excellent first 30 then completely bypassed by our reversion to panicked hoofing. Only midfielder who showed even the remotest glimpse of class or ability.

This^
Heads dropped and we reverted to type.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 06 Apr 2013 15:41

Woodcote Royal
TBM
Woodcote Royal Removed having been as useless as ever.

I'm happy to chip in £20 towards his train fare to somewhere far away..........................fcuk it, make that £50 :evil:

:|

Did people watch a different game to me, or was it due to the fact he didn't bang in a 30 yarder

Perhaps some of us saw better passing from Morrison.

Deary me, Jesus wept.

Our best play was in the first 30mins when, instead of hitting long balls under pressure, he regularly turned into space, looked up and made a pass and retained possession. I'm not one of Guthrie's fans, this season his behavior has been dispicable. But at least judge the guy on his performance, take those blinkers off!

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 06 Apr 2013 15:55

TBM
Woodcote Royal Removed having been as useless as ever.

I'm happy to chip in £20 towards his train fare to somewhere far away..........................fcuk it, make that £50 :evil:

:|

Did people watch a different game to me, or was it due to the fact he didn't bang in a 30 yarder

I also thought he had a good game, picked out a few decent passes and work hard tbf

Don't think he deserved to be subbed.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Apr 2013 15:58

Guthrie was fine and I didn't understand the substitution either. He played well considering the constraints of the type of player around him tbf.

I hope we keep him and some of you eat humble pie. He's hardly had a chance in the team - give him that chance next season and he could make all the difference.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Apr 2013 16:03

weybridgewanderer As predicted by so many on here, he makes all the difference.

Well done, guys, sorry I doubted you!!

He was our best midfielder today.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2013 16:05

weybridgewanderer As predicted by so many on here, he makes all the difference.

Well done, guys, sorry I doubted you!!

Sarcasm - the lowest form of wit and even more so when the comment is so absolutely dumb and misdirected!

Did anyone claim he alone would/could turn the team around? Of couse the f*cking didn't. They did say he was a better player than many who were being picked and that he can pass the ball. He proved both today. He also worked damn hard - I can remember one particular occasion when the defence were struggling to clear their lines and he raced in to dispossess a Saints player with a good challenge. I really do not understand why he was taken off ahead of the (today) very ineffective HRK.

old woman

by old woman » 06 Apr 2013 16:07

Royal Lady Guthrie was fine and I didn't understand the substitution either. He played well considering the constraints of the type of player around him tbf.

I hope we keep him and some of you eat humble pie. He's hardly had a chance in the team - give him that chance next season and he could make all the difference.

Sorry but I went to Sunderland and it was bloody freezing but his head wasn't right to play.
He has a lot to do to alter my opinion of him.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 06 Apr 2013 16:08

The Guthrie/Akpan/Karacan central midfield was one of our better performances of the season in that position. (Not saying much tho).

All three showed a lot of spirit in tackling and work rate, and some passing, in the first half before everything went to shit.
Anyone questioning Guthrie's commitment based on today needs their eyes examined, he did about 5 or 6 full on slide tackles, as well as tracking back and trying to put pressure on Southampton.
The anti-Guthrie brigade really are clutching at straws today.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 06 Apr 2013 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2013 16:10

P!ssed Off The Guthrie/Akpan/Karacan central midfield was one of our better performances of the season in that position. (Not saying much tho).

All three showed a lot of spirit in tackling and work rate, and some passing, in the first half before everything went to shit.
Antone questioning Guthrie's commitment based on today needs their eyes examined, he did about 5 or 6 full on slide tackles, as well as tracking back and trying to put pressure on Southampton.
The anti-Guthrie brigade really are clutching at straws today.

Absolutely agree. Moronic criticism of him today.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 06 Apr 2013 16:10

Royal Lady I hope we keep him and some of you eat humble pie. He's hardly had a chance in the team - give him that chance next season and he could make all the difference.

This!!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Apr 2013 16:13

old woman
Royal Lady Guthrie was fine and I didn't understand the substitution either. He played well considering the constraints of the type of player around him tbf.

Sorry but I went to Sunderland and it was bloody freezing but his head wasn't right to play.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 06 Apr 2013 16:14

Best midfielder for us today and the only bit of quality we had on the pitch. The pog is the other but brian cost us by not playing our best players right from the start.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Apr 2013 16:17

old woman

Well, firstly, wasn't that to do with his pregnant wife being ill? And secondly, there was little chance he'd have been played anyway. Maybe he weighed that up in his decision to remain back home, near to his ill and pregnant wife. Supposing he'd gone, sat on the bench or not even been selected and his wife was taken worse? I'm sure he would have regretted bothering to go.

The times I've seen him play, I've seen he has quality - far more quality than most of the other players - so as I say, hopefully, he'll get his chance to prove his worth under Adkins.

old woman

by old woman » 06 Apr 2013 16:23

Royal Lady
old woman

Well, firstly, wasn't that to do with his pregnant wife being ill? And secondly, there was little chance he'd have been played anyway. Maybe he weighed that up in his decision to remain back home, near to his ill and pregnant wife. Supposing he'd gone, sat on the bench or not even been selected and his wife was taken worse? I'm sure he would have regretted bothering to go.

The times I've seen him play, I've seen he has quality - far more quality than most of the other players - so as I say, hopefully, he'll get his chance to prove his worth under Adkins.

His wife had a condition that means her pelvis is under strain. Won't get suddenly worse. whilst sympathetic to her plight and not bothered if he played or not, just feel this sums up his attitude to the club. In fact I don't recall this being an issue at this point in the season. Sure club would have given him leave as it did on other occaisions.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Apr 2013 16:33

I think you should get over it.

Lol @ you, weybridgewanderer and Woodcote. Not so much wearing blinkers as virtual reality glasses.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 06 Apr 2013 16:57

Personally i think that today he had a great game, he was committed, strong and kept hold of the ball. If he could play like that every week then maybe there is a future for him at out club.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 06 Apr 2013 17:02

Probably our best midfielder today, was decent but hardly amazing. Interesting to see if he stays.

587 posts