Josh Shama signs pro deal at Oxford

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Josh Shama signs pro deal at Oxford

by P!ssed Off » 09 May 2013 23:00

sandman No, he just wasn't good enough. Don't know why people on here insist saying former academy players who leave have a bad attitude when the simply explanation is they weren't deemed good enough for us.

When Scott Davies was at Reading he lived with a local foster family. My friend at college also lived with Davies and this foster family and became friends with Davies.

My mate told me that Davies slept with the girlfriend of a Reading first team player and got his face smashed in as a result. He was quite the player apparently (not in a football way).
Apparently Davies was a decent guy on the whole though, took my mate (who was about 4 years or so younger) on a few nights out with other youth teamers (possibly the likes of Pearce and Karacan but as my friend knew little about football he didn't remember any names).

This is just what my friend told me when he found out I supported Reading, at this point (2009 or 2010 I think) Davies had played a few games for Reading, looking promising, but then been sent out on loan.
I can't see a reason why he would make up an untrue rumour about a pretty unknown footballer.

And no, my friend did not tell me who the first team player was, I doubt he even knew.