Le Fondre
43%
Pogrebnyak
57%

Total votes: 101
royal67

Re: Le Fondre vs Pogrebnyak

by royal67 » 29 Apr 2013 20:28

Royal With Cheese The Pog would be an absolute beast in the Championship.

Alfie would still be good coming off the bench.

If I could only have one - it would be Pog. Just.

^^This...^^

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2013 20:36

Pog doesn't look bothered half the time. Alf has only been proven off the bench so it's a hard one but if we could have one I would choose Pog as he has more genuine quality.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Apr 2013 20:42

Difficult one.

Both in the Championship playing together would destroy Championship defences. On their own up front, Pogs. 4-4-2 they both would need a good assist striker next to them, like Hunt/Roberts.

I think next season it would have to be ALF, prolific goal scorer, proven striker at that level.

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 29 Apr 2013 20:54

URZZZZ Pog doesn't look bothered half the time. Alf has only been proven off the bench so it's a hard one but if we could have one I would choose Pog as he has more genuine quality.

I think your a little wrong mate, sometimes I agree he does look tired and not bothered but other times he works his socks off and puts in so much effort, you have to remember hes a lone striker almost all of the time so he cant give it 110% the whole game!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2013 20:57

AirRaidSiren Difficult one.

Both in the Championship playing together would destroy Championship defences. On their own up front, Pogs. 4-4-2 they both would need a good assist striker next to them, like Hunt/Roberts.

I think next season it would have to be ALF, prolific goal scorer, proven striker at that level.

I wouldn't say he's a prolific striker in the Champ. He scoreds quite a few off the bench and didn't score that much when he was starting.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 29 Apr 2013 20:58

I think we could have a back down to earth/mid-table with a bump next season.

Looking at the previous responses (already) we, the fans - who usually know best - don't speak with one voice on this.

It could go one way. Good (either or both of them - for the reasons stated) or bad (either or both of them - for the reasons stated).

I really don't know.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Apr 2013 20:58

AkpansBFF
URZZZZ Pog doesn't look bothered half the time. Alf has only been proven off the bench so it's a hard one but if we could have one I would choose Pog as he has more genuine quality.

I think your a little wrong mate, sometimes I agree he does look tired and not bothered but other times he works his socks off and puts in so much effort, you have to remember hes a lone striker almost all of the time so he cant give it 110% the whole game!

Some players just don't bounce around tigger style all game like Karacan, they have a more energy conserving or languid style. 9 times out of 10 if someone's criticising a player for looking disinterested, not only are they being clueless about football, but they don't understand English either.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Apr 2013 21:04

What's Atkins preferred style of play?

If we play with width and attacking fullbacks. Then Alf could be as good as Cureton. Could do with another Martin Butler as well!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Apr 2013 21:09

Pog's had so few chances. When he has had sight of goal he's been awesome (except that time he tried to hit the moon in Newcastle). Feed him and he'll score. It's Pog for me.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Apr 2013 21:09

URZZZZ
AirRaidSiren Difficult one.

I wouldn't say he's a prolific striker in the Champ. He scoreds quite a few off the bench and didn't score that much when he was starting.

Ok good point but without his goals last season, we wouldn't have gone up. Saying that, Roberts who more or less took his place was outstanding.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2013 21:10

Ian Royal
AkpansBFF

Some players just don't bounce around tigger style all game like Karacan, they have a more energy conserving or languid style. 9 times out of 10 if someone's criticising a player for looking disinterested, not only are they being clueless about football, but they don't understand English either.

:roll: :| Pog only looks interested when the ball is a metre away from him.

yappy

by yappy » 29 Apr 2013 21:13

Royal Ginger Pog's had so few chances. When he has had sight of goal he's been awesome (except that time he tried to hit the moon in Newcastle). Feed him and he'll score. It's Pog for me.

Surely you can't be serious? He's scored 5 league goals this season. People go on about how great a finisher he is, but 5 goals with the amount of games he's played is not acceptable.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Apr 2013 21:14

"Some players just don't bounce around tigger style all game like Karacan, they have a more energy conserving or languid style. 9 times out of 10 if someone's criticising a player for looking disinterested, not only are they being clueless about football, but they don't understand English either."

"Pog only looks interested when the ball is a metre away from him."

Ian has a point, example:- Berbatov, lazy, doesn't look interested but what a player when given the ball.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2013 21:15

yappy
Royal Ginger Pog's had so few chances. When he has had sight of goal he's been awesome (except that time he tried to hit the moon in Newcastle). Feed him and he'll score. It's Pog for me.

Surely you can't be serious? He's scored 5 league goals this season. People go on about how great a finisher he is, but 5 goals with the amount of games he's played is not acceptable.

He odesn't get service apart from people smashing it towards his head. Pog is much better on the fllor and if you give him a chance, most likely he will score it

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2013 21:16

AirRaidSiren "Some players just don't bounce around tigger style all game like Karacan, they have a more energy conserving or languid style. 9 times out of 10 if someone's criticising a player for looking disinterested, not only are they being clueless about football, but they don't understand English either."

Ian has a point, example:- Berbatov, lazy, doesn't look interested but what a player when given the ball.

You have still got to work for the ball. Berbatov is criticized a lot for giving away the ball

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Apr 2013 21:16

yappy

He's constantly been taken off at 70 minutes. We've scored the majority of our goals as kitchen sink last minute stuff or pointless consolations. The service has been atrocious. I can't remember him fluffing a good chance other than that one against Newcastle.

yappy

by yappy » 29 Apr 2013 21:19

Personally, I don't buy into the Pog hype, overrated IMO. Think we'll do well to get him off the wage bill for next season.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Apr 2013 21:20

Fair enough, i suspect you'll get your wish fairly soon.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 29 Apr 2013 21:20

No Blackman? :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Apr 2013 21:22

URZZZZ
AirRaidSiren "Some players just don't bounce around tigger style all game like Karacan, they have a more energy conserving or languid style. 9 times out of 10 if someone's criticising a player for looking disinterested, not only are they being clueless about football, but they don't understand English either."

You have still got to work for the ball. Berbatov is criticized a lot for giving away the ball

I refer you to my first post.