Sorry from West Ham

WHTID

Sorry from West Ham

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 16:46

Just wanted to say lads, sorry about the pricing for our last game against you. It's an absolute ripoff, £49 is disgraceful. Also unlucky about relegation. I live relatively near to Reading so feel kind of bad about it. Reckon you've got an ok squad though, but key is a great manager which you now have. Good luck next season lads

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sorry from West Ham

by LightwaterRoyal » 01 May 2013 16:47

What is happening? A polite West Ham fan coming on here to wish us well? Mental

Cheers anyway pal.

WHTID

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 16:52

Haha. 99.99% of our fans are a top bunch. It's the odd few who unfortunately let us down. Talking about ticket prices, when we move into the Olympic stadium, finger crosses our tickets will certainly go down. Our board defo need to do that as majority of us don't want go. I reckon you will do ok next year. I wouldn't absolutely guarantee promotion straight away, but next 3 years you'll be back I feel. You have a good manager, if you can hold onto most of your key players you'll be fine. I know it hurts going down. I mock QPR about it because they're as plastic as city fans, but Reading are a decent club and I know how it feels. Good luck buddy :)

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 01 May 2013 17:06

WHTID I know it hurts going down

Not really. Most of us will still turn up to watch 11 men in blue and white shirts playing against another 11 men in different coloured shirts. The main differences will be:

- More games
- It will be cheaper
- We're more likely to win
- We're more likely to score
- We can have some better away days
- Less pundits taking rubbish about us
- Less 'blokes down the pub' talking rubbish about us
- Less prima donna players
- Less prima donna opposition
- Less big club favouritism from refs
- More chance of young players who come from Reading getting a game

The only downside appear to be:
- Less money for the club, but that doesn't really affect me personally anyway
- Lower profile for the club. Again doesn't bother me, i like being different and supporting little old Reading

WHTID

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 17:12

Whilst I agree to an extent, surely you enjoy winning more, because it helps you in your quest to get back to the premier league? Wins for a side like Reading, in the championship, are enjoyable because it helps you towards getting back here

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 01 May 2013 17:20

Promotion to the Premier League is an unfortunately consequence of a good season in the Championship.

What do West Ham, just for example, have to look forward to next season?

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 01 May 2013 17:23

Colin Cheeselog Promotion to the Premier League is an unfortunately consequence of a good season in the Championship.

In all fairness...who knows

Depends on who they get in-in the summer

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 May 2013 17:24

WHTID Whilst I agree to an extent, surely you enjoy winning more, because it helps you in your quest to get back to the premier league? Wins for a side like Reading, in the championship, are enjoyable because it helps you towards getting back here

Yes that is correct, I want us to be playing at the top level and taking it seriously instead of like this season playing stupid buggers by not investing and seemingly not being arsed about it!

However that doesn't stop you thinking that division 2 (as was) actually probably the best league in the world as there are a good 14/15 competitive teams in it unlike the crappyship where all anyone cares about is money, money, money

Funny old world isn't it!

Good luck to you lot next season by the way.....

WHTID

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 17:26

Colin Cheeselog Promotion to the Premier League is an unfortunately consequence of a good season in the Championship.

We have quite a lot to look forward to. If we can get a few decent players in this summer, we can look forward to trying to consolidate a spot in the premier league first, but try to consolidate in the top 10 like we are now. Over the next few years, we've got the move to the Olympic stadium which, despite being against a lot of ours wishes, COULD help attract some bigger, better players, and we can certainly try, over the next 5/6/7 years, to mount a challenge for Europe, big maybe though of course

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 01 May 2013 17:28

WHTID

We have quite a lot to look forward to. If we can get a few decent players in this summer, we can look forward to trying to consolidate a spot in the premier league first, but try to consolidate in the top 10 like we are now. Over the next few years, we've got the move to the Olympic stadium which, despite being against a lot of ours wishes, COULD help attract some bigger, better players, and we can certainly try, over the next 5/6/7 years, to mount a challenge for Europe, big maybe though of course

We all thought that after we finished 8th in the Premier League in 2007, and had plans to expand the stadium. As they say, it's the hope that kills you..

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 01 May 2013 17:31

What's your take on the cutting of ticket prices to fill the OS having an effect on Leyton Orient's attendance and viability?

WHTID

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 17:31

Winchester Royal
WHTID

We all thought that after we finished 8th in the Premier League in 2007, and had plans to expand the stadium. As they say, it's the hope that kills you..

That's true of course. It could go horribly, horribly wrong. We absolutely have to be in the premier league by the time we move. However, I do feel our owners have set out a clear an to keep us here. They will invest, we've got one signing in already, for our LB position which needed reinforcement. Once we're in the stadium, hopefully in the premier league, we'll have a better squad then we will now, and it should help us to progress forward

WHTID

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 17:33

Zaretsky What's your take on the cutting of ticket prices to fill the OS having an effect on Leyton Orient's attendance and viability?

I find it absolutely hilarious. The fact that a side that averages what about 2.5k per match, run by some clueless clown, believe they deserve a ground share. Bizarre. I hate everything about them. If our move drives them into the ground and kills the club, I'll be delighted. Tiny club, no history, crap league, crap team, no fans

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2013 17:35

Always worth saying thanks to an oppo fan who's not a twat. Especially for West Ham given some of the plonkers who've visited us in the past.

Oh, you were doing so well until that last post WHTID.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 01 May 2013 17:37

WHTID We have quite a lot to look forward to. If we can get a few decent players in this summer, we can look forward to trying to consolidate a spot in the premier league first, but try to consolidate in the top 10 like we are now. Over the next few years, we've got the move to the Olympic stadium which, despite being against a lot of ours wishes, COULD help attract some bigger, better players, and we can certainly try, over the next 5/6/7 years, to mount a challenge for Europe, big maybe though of course

So realistic best case scenario for next season; winning marginally more games than you lose, so as you can then go again the following year?

I'm genuinely excited about away days at Bournemouth, Peterborough, Millwall, Brentford / Swindon / Yeovil etc, scoring plenty of goals and winning plenty of games and the prospect (by no means a certainly of course, but a very realistic aim) of a big celebration at the end of it, albeit that we're celebrating returning to something that will be less enjoyable.

WHTID

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 17:38

Ian Royal Always worth saying thanks to an oppo fan who's not a twat. Especially for West Ham given some of the plonkers who've visited us in the past.

Oh, you were doing so well until that last post WHTID.

What was wrong with the last post? Do you like orient? Sorry if you do, but I absolutely despise them

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2013 17:51

What's with the influx of West Ham fans? Have they been lurking, wait to strike when we mention them?

Divvy

by Divvy » 01 May 2013 18:04

WHTID Just wanted to say lads, sorry about the pricing for our last game against you. It's an absolute ripoff, £49 is disgraceful. Also unlucky about relegation. I live relatively near to Reading so feel kind of bad about it. Reckon you've got an ok squad though, but key is a great manager which you now have. Good luck next season lads

Welcome to the board, mate. Stick around. Always nice to get a sensible away fan on here.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 01 May 2013 18:17

WHTID
Zaretsky What's your take on the cutting of ticket prices to fill the OS having an effect on Leyton Orient's attendance and viability?

I find it absolutely hilarious. The fact that a side that averages what about 2.5k per match, run by some clueless clown, believe they deserve a ground share. Bizarre. I hate everything about them. If our move drives them into the ground and kills the club, I'll be delighted. Tiny club, no history, crap league, crap team, no fans

No history?

Clearly a wind-up.

WHTID

by WHTID » 01 May 2013 18:26

bobbybottler
WHTID

No history?

Clearly a wind-up.

No, not a wind up at all. They've won 3rd division...once. Hardly a glittering trophy cabinet is it? Orient are useless. And Barry Hearn is the biggest w****r I've ever seen!