Nigel Adkins' cheesy message for Reading supporters

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Nigel Adkins' cheesy message for Reading supporters

by melonhead » 10 Jun 2013 18:31

more over the top and dramatic reaction from dirk to a standard piece of postal marketting from the clubs marketing depa\rtment, who seem to be pretty much doing their jobs.

you rogue you

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Jun 2013 19:42

Alexander Litvinenko I absolutely do get it - but if the club hype something up as being special and worthwhile, they can't be surprised at the derision when it turns out not to be.

I know enough about marketing to know that it's all tied up with setting expectations - building something up in advance to be something it's not and then failing to deliver will always be a marketing fail.

No. The delivery of a service / product is totally different to marketing it.

A successful marketing campaign generates the interest. End of.

But I can't see anything remotely false about the flyer referenced in this thread. It's simply generating a feeling of, IMHO justified, positivity.

Maybe I've just not read it all carefully enough.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Jun 2013 11:34

lol at the idea of sending marketting out that doesnt really big stuff up, or try to generate a positive feeling

thank you loyal royal for your continued support, please renew by the end of the month, the club plans to at the very least achieve mediocrity this season, we aim to finish somewhere between 15th and 1st, probably, and could possibly buy a player.

whoop whoop, all aboard the dullness bus!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Jun 2013 21:51

melonhead whoop whoop, all aboard the dullness bus!

It's the Reading.....oh I can't be arsed any more. :wink:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Jun 2013 00:43

Woodcote Royal Frankly, I would have prefered it had everyone at the club just STFU rather than send this condescending sh*t through my letter box. Did you really think that putting my name on the back of an envelope with the word "hello" in front of it would get me reaching for my credit card as I called the ticket office :evil:

For the record, I will be renewing the ST I've held for more than a decade when I'm good and ready.

I'm not interested in meaningless platitudes from our new manager. I would, however, have been VERY interested to here from Mr Fat Wallet himself with regard to next season's transfer budget and the criteria he intends to apply come the day he decides that Adkins has outstayed his welcome.

Answers to this type of question would help me decide whether this will be my final campaign as a season ticket holder because, believe me, Sunshine, the jury is still out here :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Is this the same WR who would wait in the car park for the team to be announced before deciding if he would go through the turnstiles? Some people are never pleased.