Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by creative_username_1 » 29 Sep 2013 23:50

paultheroyal I am walking up the steps after footage of Guthrie scoring lol....

Yep think I can see you on the left near the stairs

....etc etc

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 30 Sep 2013 09:11

Quite a funny vid, the Blue's support has tamed down a bit from the old days but there's still some edge to it. Total cringe at grown adults dancing around to that awful goal music, it's like being at a kids party :oops:

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 30 Sep 2013 10:13

Apparently the stewards in the South Stand had to 'double up' on Saturday because of fears of possible revenge 'attacks' following an incident between Brum City fans and RFC stewards a few years back when things kicked off at the MadStad.

I have no recollection of such an incident with Brum fans (tho looking at that vid they clearly have some hard core fans!). Can anyone shed any light?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Sep 2013 11:24

creative_username_1

....etc etc

Wrong clip m8

boycey

by boycey » 30 Sep 2013 13:14

The kris akabusi,jimmy 5 bellies partnership at the end is my personal highlight.
Charming and eloquent.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 30 Sep 2013 13:36

paultheroyal
creative_username_1

....etc etc

Wrong clip m8

Surprising how many have their arms folded-I hadn't thought of this as being a natural position at a game but maybe it is.

boycey

by boycey » 30 Sep 2013 13:39

paultheroyal
creative_username_1

....etc etc

Wrong clip m8

Many villages are missing an idiot....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Sep 2013 15:17

creative_username_1 Any of you mongs see yourself in the pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow. It's like Where's Wally but without the having to search part.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Sep 2013 17:32

boycey
paultheroyal
creative_username_1

....etc etc

Wrong clip m8

Many villages are missing an idiot....

Crowthornes has been found, so you can tick that one off

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 30 Sep 2013 19:58

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the dead Reading fans at this time.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 30 Sep 2013 22:35

Two biggest tw*ts in reading.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 30 Sep 2013 23:00

Vid now blocked by the footy league. Clearly I may have watched that instead of Manuel on a Saturday night

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 01 Oct 2013 06:23

SHORT AND CURLY http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1374576

This is hysterical

Oh and an Interpretor please :lol:

Interesting video...well that's polite way of describing it.

The point made about Reading being a Satellite Town of London is quite correct, but the town benefits hugely economically because of it so not complaining. This Whole "Plastic" argument stinks of envy and is often put forward by people who support clubs that were big once but are now nervously looking over their shoulders at clubs like Reading. I personally welcome the plastics as it helps build a better foundation for the future and shows we are a growing club.

As far as "Representing everything bad about Football" then I suppose that is his prerogative, however for me what represents everything bad about football is drunken vile middle aged morons mouthing off about killing and wishing death of anyone who has the impertinence to support a team other than their own, all in an attempt to impress a bunch of teenage kids within earshot.

In terms of criticizing our atmosphere, then if you want to get together with a load of random people and sing the same meaningless songs every week, then you might as well go to church instead. Until vocal support starts earning points, I couldn't give a flying rats piss about how load we are.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Oct 2013 07:50

It's like the previous post about what the Yeovil fan said. We have a grown steadily as a club, we have excellent facilities and are run pretty well as far as football clubs go.

Look at it from a Birmingham City perspective, We are little old Reading but in the last 20 years we have built a new stadium from scratch, tripled our average attendance to a level that now at least matches theirs and consistantly compete at a level higher than our historical norm, all through sensible and timely investment from owners, who, as far as I know, aren't banged up in a Hong Kong jail on money laundering charges <Insert Chinese laundry joke here>.

That would make me pretty angry and resentful.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 01 Oct 2013 10:21

In defence of Blues fans, looking at the Small Heath Alliance forum would be like looking at Wolves' "Subway Army" board. You're looking at the board most closely associated with the Zulu Army there, so there's going to be more of the old school firm mentality residing on it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Oct 2013 18:46

From Despair To Where? It's like the previous post about what the Yeovil fan said. We have a grown steadily as a club, we have excellent facilities and are run pretty well as far as football clubs go.

Look at it from a Birmingham City perspective, We are little old Reading but in the last 20 years we have built a new stadium from scratch, tripled our average attendance to a level that now at least matches theirs and consistantly compete at a level higher than our historical norm, all through sensible and timely investment from owners, who, as far as I know, aren't banged up in a Hong Kong jail on money laundering charges <Insert Chinese laundry joke here>.

Yeah, the small clubs hate us because we used to be one of them and we've shown them what they could achieve but haven't.
The big clubs hates us because we're little Reading and we've gone past them / are catching up and making them have to work to be better than us. And they're feeling insecure.

Although hopefully most of the intelligent and logical fans like us for what we've achieved and how we've done it. We've certainly had our fair share of support from other club's fans over the years, if not more.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Oct 2013 14:16

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/forumdispl ... etin-Board

There's no one BFTG thread, all spread out over loads of different ones.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 02 Oct 2013 14:36

genome http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?130-Bulletin-Board

There's no one BFTG thread, all spread out over loads of different ones.

Kind of hard to argue with comments about how well they played. Slightly miffed by comments about our fanbase - less than 10k for a home match in the championship is very lower league!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Oct 2013 19:56

Ian Royal
From Despair To Where? It's like the previous post about what the Yeovil fan said. We have a grown steadily as a club, we have excellent facilities and are run pretty well as far as football clubs go.

Yeah, the small clubs hate us because we used to be one of them and we've shown them what they could achieve but haven't.
The big clubs hates us because we're little Reading and we've gone past them / are catching up and making them have to work to be better than us. And they're feeling insecure.

There is an assumption among a lot of fans that we only got to the premier league because Madejski was pumping in millions every year, bankrolling us way beyond our budget.

Add to that the strange "traditional club" angle, where somehow clubs like Burnley and Blackpool deserve success because they "have history" and upstarts such as ourselves are only tolerated as long as we don't stick around.

Also, those failing clubs with history cling to it like a life-raft, because it's all they have. It's what makes them "better" in their eyes than their new peers.

A lot also find it hard to not see us as "little Reading", the perennial lower division club with poor support.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 03 Oct 2013 06:36

4486 posts