Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2022 14:35

Yeah, because there's not shit loads of roundabouts within ¼ of a mile of the Riverside, is there?

Too any roads? That's a fcuking bizarre complaint. Wait till they visit Wycombe..

I actually quite like Middlesrough and the people, they havent got the Geordie arrogance or the fcuked up Makem insularity
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 22 Aug 2022 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Aug 2022 14:43

Not one comment about atmosphere, similar with Blackburn - that tells me its improving massively.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 22 Aug 2022 14:56

JedMaxwell Find me somewhere in Reading (or any) town centre where you could build a totally brand new 20k+ seater stadium.

Aldershit. Bulldoze a few acres there and it would improve how it looks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2022 15:24

Actually stood watching the Spurs game before the match on the big screen in the fanzone bit and thought how nice it was - fans from both teams mixing, sitting around having a beer and just milling about

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Aug 2022 15:29

Yeah daft saying that there are too many roads and roundabouts when newer stadiums are commonly built in such a way that they are made more accessible for fans, rather than being bang in town centre's. The ground is about a mile and a half off the M4 and is on a big, open industrial estate with accessible parking. I've visited plenty of worse grounds.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2022 15:46

Hound Actually stood watching the Spurs game before the match on the big screen in the fanzone bit and thought how nice it was - fans from both teams mixing, sitting around having a beer and just milling about

Yeah, that was class. I'm guessing these are comments from fans that have come down on the coach without sounding out the surrounding area before they come and just expect stuff to be there. If you got the train down it would be a great day out in the town pubs and then hop on the bus - not sure what all the complaints are about. There are very few town centre grounds in this day and age, always going to be on a retail park.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2022 16:11

The ironic thing with it is that the immediate vicinity of the Riverside is no different other than they have an Argos instead of a B&Q.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2022 16:41

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah daft saying that there are too many roads and roundabouts when newer stadiums are commonly built in such a way that they are made more accessible for fans, rather than being bang in town centre's. The ground is about a mile and a half off the M4 and is on a big, open industrial estate with accessible parking. I've visited plenty of worse grounds.

They must catch a boat to and from matches at The Riverside because one look at a map shows loads of roads and roundabouts in the vicinity of their own stadium!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Aug 2022 17:50

Classic deflection syndrome on show in those comments; rather than address the fact that their team had no idea as to how to beat "shite", "pathetic", "rubbish" Reading, they focus on things like the surrounds of the Stadium........the reality is that their team aren't as good as they were led to believe they were, and their manager isn't the Messiah.

Enjoy your (at best) mid table mediocrity Boro, and thanks for the 3 points.

Cuppliance

by Cuppliance » 22 Aug 2022 23:39

paultheroyal Not one comment about atmosphere, similar with Blackburn - that tells me its improving massively.

As a Rovers fan I can confirm that the atmosphere was amazing. Loved the little tribute to Jack Walker before the game. Lots of respect to Reading FC and it’s fans for that!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Aug 2022 09:44

You thick plank, if Afobi hadn`t touched it it wouldn`t have been on target.

Afoebe was offside if he had the last touch (he probably did) but if he didn’t touch it the goal should have stood. The second penalty shout for handball in the second half was a penalty, the defender definitely moved his shoulder up to the ball (maybe to protect himself but it’s still a penalty) Not digging him out but the pass Danny Mac made to the Reading player near the end of the match was atrocious

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Aug 2022 09:47

windermereROYAL You thick plank, if Afobi hadn`t touched it it wouldn`t have been on target.

Afoebe was offside if he had the last touch (he probably did) but if he didn’t touch it the goal should have stood. The second penalty shout for handball in the second half was a penalty, the defender definitely moved his shoulder up to the ball (maybe to protect himself but it’s still a penalty) Not digging him out but the pass Danny Mac made to the Reading player near the end of the match was atrocious

I haven’t seen the penalty incident they’re referencing but if it’s his shoulder then they really need to read the laws of the game

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2022 09:54

Franchise FC
windermereROYAL You thick plank, if Afobi hadn`t touched it it wouldn`t have been on target.

I haven’t seen the penalty incident they’re referencing but if it’s his shoulder then they really need to read the laws of the game

Therein lies the problem.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Aug 2022 09:59

Not really worth posting more quotes, just we were shit pre kick off an they were shit post match, not a single word of praise for us but that`s hardly surprising, it is Millwall after all.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2022 11:32

Franchise FC

It's a standard block that hits his right shoulder square on as he turns his body. Arm was straight tucked in on his body. Never a pen.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2022 11:32

Franchise FC

It was his upper arm, it was straight at him and there's literally nowhere else his arm could have been. That's never a pen in a million years.

The other pen shouts were better. Not strong, but better.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2022 11:42

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC

It was his upper arm, it was straight at him and there's literally nowhere else his arm could have been. That's never a pen in a million years.

Their first pen shout was bullshit, he fell over before he'd even been pulled.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2022 11:48

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC I haven’t seen the penalty incident they’re referencing but if it’s his shoulder then they really need to read the laws of the game

True, but if you lay on hands you run the risk... as I said, not strong. Better than the handball.

The second one was the best shout, but even that would have been pretty soft.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2022 11:51

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal It was his upper arm, it was straight at him and there's literally nowhere else his arm could have been. That's never a pen in a million years.

True, but if you lay on hands you run the risk... as I said, not strong. Better than the handball.

Think Millwall hurt their chances of getting a penalty by insisting too much on minor fouls. Ref seemed in the mindset that he was being played.

Can't say any of them were particularly strong either though you're right with the second.

Honestly after that game we had 4 penalties (3 clear) turned down 2 seasons ago I have no sympathy for any team left in me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2022 11:53

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Their first pen shout was bullshit, he fell over before he'd even been pulled.

Think Millwall hurt their chances of getting a penalty by insisting too much on minor fouls. Ref seemed in the mindset that he was being played.

Can't say any of them were particularly strong either though you're right with the second.

Honestly after that game we had 4 penalties (3 clear) turned down 2 seasons ago I have no sympathy for any team left in me.

Yep. Especially seeing how many soft ones we've conceded in that time.

Ifs and buts just come back to we had two more chances that should have been goals. We rode our luck and stayed on the win.

4486 posts