Orion1871

Andy Gray's really let himself go.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 09 Feb 2024 11:21

Sutekh
Orion1871

Andy Gray's really let himself go.

Wonder where he gets his jeans now that Millets are a distant memory?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Feb 2024 12:07

I suppose the Charlton fans are all saying they were robbed ? :D

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2024 12:16

Royals and Racers I suppose the Charlton fans are all saying they were robbed ? :D

I heard one on the way out saying 'I really hope they go bust'.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Feb 2024 12:48

Royals and Racers I suppose the Charlton fans are all saying they were robbed ? :D

They're mainly saying that they are shit and we won at a canter.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2024 15:02

Absolutely dire performance especially in the circumstances; as usual none of the best players on the pitch were in a Charlton shirt (Azeez, Wing, Yiadom, Smith...)....we have no leaders, no quality, no personality. None of the new players have improved us whilst our supposed starboy May has scored one goal in ten games.

Just watched ‘highlights’ their best player was our back 4 !!

Beaten by the better team unfortunately.

With the huge amount of midfield players we have, we are constantly overrun in midfield.

No composure on the ball, incredible the amount of poor touches we made today all over the team.

The only two pluses were Kanu and Camara. Kanu did more in his cameo than Ladapo did for the whole game.

Out of the bottom 4 only on goal difference!

Let's be real with ourselves. Reading are a top half home side and we are a bottom 4 away side. The season isn't being decided against them. We need to beat the real bad teams of the division if we are to stay up and Reading are a very strong home team.

We look so fragile all over the pitch . Reading are a good side and deserved the win . If only we could have kept hold of CBT and Dobbo . We are playing as if we are already down . How does Scott keep his job?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2024 15:13

Fair enough. Did think they seemed a bit clueless. Don’t mind them as a club, they brought good numbers and a decent away day so hope they sort themselves out enough to stay up (obvs as long as not at our expense)

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Feb 2024 06:33

Portsmouth supporters absolutely rinsing the usual suspect Reading supporters on social media. You reap what you sow.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 20 Feb 2024 22:42

From the Port Vale forum:

I agree. I wish we had an owner who’d put some money in like Daii Yoonge. I don’t know what Reading fans were moaning about. That squad of theirs is chock full of players who earn much more than ours and they were still paying Andy Carroll 15k a week until about October.

Of course they are not moaning now…spent tonight jeering our fans when they were up 2-0.

Scary those sort of people are allowed to vote

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Feb 2024 06:43

TiagoIlori From the Port Vale forum:

I agree. I wish we had an owner who’d put some money in like Daii Yoonge. I don’t know what Reading fans were moaning about. That squad of theirs is chock full of players who earn much more than ours and they were still paying Andy Carroll 15k a week until about October.

Of course they are not moaning now…spent tonight jeering our fans when they were up 2-0.

I think they’ve lost the ability to use a decimal point

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 21 Feb 2024 12:38

I noticed in the comments below the Pompey highlights on youtube a pompey fan was gloating about taking Tom McT off us for £75k.

Be interesting if that fee is true. It's not much is it. But it is wages off the books.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Feb 2024 13:31

They do have a valid point at the end though. Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing behaviour by the small group of teenage morons in Y21.

Those Port Vale supporters at the game deserved full respect. In all likelihood they were at the abandoned game and took it very well, being generally supportive of us. Then, despite their team's dire run of form, they travel back down on a Tuesday name for the rearranged fixture. They didn't need or deserve to have their noses rubbed in it by a small minority of our fans.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 21 Feb 2024 16:35

RoyalBlue

They do have a valid point at the end though. Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing behaviour by the small group of teenage morons in Y21.

Those Port Vale supporters at the game deserved full respect. In all likelihood they were at the abandoned game and took it very well, being generally supportive of us. Then, despite their team's dire run of form, they travel back down on a Tuesday name for the rearranged fixture. They didn't need or deserve to have their noses rubbed in it by a small minority of our fans.

Agreed (I assume you mean Club 1871). It's entirely pathetic the way some of these teenagers act, not just last night but generally, thinking that's how football should be probably based on a few cherry-picked clips they saw on social media.

The couple hundred or so Port Vale fans who travelled down last night deserve the utmost respect - especially given it's a Tuesday night and the form they've been on.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 21 Feb 2024 16:54

You'd hope the Port Vale fans realise there is a difference between the vast majority of the crowd who applauded both the Vale fans before the match along with John Rudge at half time and a few try hard teen hooligan wannabe edgelords.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Feb 2024 17:09

To be fair, the overwhelming majority of posters on their forum are bemoaning their toothless attack and shambolic defence.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Feb 2024 17:19

Clyde1998
RoyalBlue

Agreed (I assume you mean Club 1871). It's entirely pathetic the way some of these teenagers act, not just last night but generally, thinking that's how football should be probably based on a few cherry-picked clips they saw on social media.

The couple hundred or so Port Vale fans who travelled down last night deserve the utmost respect - especially given it's a Tuesday night and the form they've been on.

Surely anyone with half a brain sees its teenagers, rolls their eyes and completely ignores it.

Being obnoxious little idiots is what teenagers are for.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Feb 2024 14:26

Thought Reading looked v good going forward, esp in first half, their front three were all dangerous. Somehow we nullified them second half, for which credit must go to the management team. I would have been frustrated if I was a Reading fan and would have thought they deserved at least a point. However can’t really deny we deserved all three for them fighting spirit alone.

Reading will stay up no problem with that attack.

As always the opposition's board was an entertaining read. They liked Bloxham's performance and there were a few other positive comments
'They scored two worldies and scrapped and scrapped. Hats off to them'
'One of the better teams weve seen at home this season'
Mostly negative about us though
'Awful performance against a far inferior side'
'Six points lost to one of the worst teams in this division'
'We were bizarrely robbed of three points'
And my favourite
'This lot are crap and somehow winning after two goals those players will never score again in their s*** League 1 clogger careers'

ep seen a few..... we're s**t,but we beat em twice...we should be beating the likes of little Shrewsbury..... Don't think they realise, we've beaten em twice,and scored 6 goals....it beggars belief

Some of their fans still have a 'big club mentality'. They are still thinking of themselves as a big club and living on their season in the Premier.

Love to pick 3 points against sides that have fans with that attitude

Did the Reading fans throw tennis balls onto the pitch? Judging by some of their comments they certainly seem highly strung.

A strange game yesterday. We scored three goals away from home, but one of the most creative teams I've seen this season in Reading. They won't go down, unless they get more points deducted. Alot of games left, but the big difference for me is getting Shipley up the pitch with Benning being the find of the season.

Today was wonderful. Another one to remember. We have had so few of those in recent League One years.

As for the game specifically, it was a simply brilliant 5 minutes followed by a poor and exposed 25 minutes and then a great response, tactical tweak and overall deserved away victory.

Bowman didn’t offer us much but we got away with that today, as we did with Feeney first half. We seemed to protect him much better second half.

Fantastic win.

Think both sets of fans will agree the ref was pretty awful, missing a lot of things then blowing for nothing until the last 25 when I think he'd had a bit too much chat from reading and might have favoured us a bit.

Lovely stadium the royals have, and we got speaking to a good few locals and they are nice folks.

Wow them Reading fans on their forum are something else.

The arrogance before and after the game would suggest that they are actually a good team. I suggest they have a look at the league 1 table. You only have to be not terrible to get into the top 10 this season.

Huge win. Salop fans were brilliant all game.

Lovely reading the reaction of their fans on social media and their forum, I know some our fans found the reaction of Derby fans entertaining at failing to beat 'teams like Shrewsbury' but at least they are in a promotion battle so you can understand the reaction. I'm not sure Reading fans quite realise they are on the same amount of points as us

Best away game I have been too. Great support from the Shrewsbury fans . I don’t know how many went but must have been over 800

Fun fact: we've scored nearly a quarter of our league goals this season against one team. Thank you, Reading.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Feb 2024 14:34

The "they're down the bottom" comments very ill informed. We've been on play-off chasing form for over 2 months, and would surely be up there with a proper pre season and without a points deduction

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Feb 2024 17:25

WestYorksRoyal The "they're down the bottom" comments very ill informed. We've been on play-off chasing form for over 2 months, and would surely be up there with a proper pre season and without a points deduction

Yeah precisely, on current form, we should have expected a fairly comfortable win so it was understandably frustrating to lose. Just need to bounce back against Carlisle who are yet another team in atrocious form.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Feb 2024 17:27

tidus_mi2
WestYorksRoyal The "they're down the bottom" comments very ill informed. We've been on play-off chasing form for over 2 months, and would surely be up there with a proper pre season and without a points deduction

Yeah precisely, on current form, we should have expected a fairly comfortable win so it was understandably frustrating to lose. Just need to bounce back against Carlisle who are yet another team in atrocious form.

And adding to this, it's not "we should be winning games like this" because it's little old Shrewsbury. We deserve to be in the same division. We should be winning it because they had 1 win in 7, have a poor away record and were below us in the table.

But fair play, they turned up on the day and deserved to win. It happens.

4486 posts