Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Feb 2024 15:31

3points Assume the CB reference was for Mbengue rather than Bindon? Interesting comment on Craig as he looked so much better than Savage the previous week, having come off the bench.

I thought Craig was very good again, although he had a couple of wobbles. And he can't have endeared himself to their fans with a couple of fouls.

Quite Harper esque.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Feb 2024 09:42

Comments from Stevenage...

It’s not often I wish a team to go bust. But I’ll make an exception

Anyone noticed we kicked in to the wind both halvesAnyone noticed we kicked in to the wind both halves

Had this been standard Saturday fixture I think we’d have trounced them. The stats don’t lie and we absolutely dogged them. Apart from the Sweeney god-like block, they had f*ck all, which makes it all the more frustrating they walk away with a win from an own goal…

They were scrappy and physical and we couldn’t cope throughout 90. Unfortunately for us after they went 0-1 up they just set out to frustrate us and catch us on the counter.

How we laughed at the irony of them singing about filling up our ground.

I hope they go bust.

Have hated them ever since the first game

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Feb 2024 09:55

Crikey, that's salty. I wonder if a lot of fans, if not teams, underestimate us. On paper we're a crisis club in a relegation battle, but for 15 games or so now we've been a good team on the pitch. Really seems like they expected us to turn up and roll over.

Anyhow, no doubt this season will go down as Stevenage's peak and they'll be back in L2 soon. Only about 3000 home fans when they're fighting at the top of the table - unbelievable.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 07 Feb 2024 09:56

what a weird bunch they are. also saw their fat pcunt of a manager saying we celebrated the win like we won the World Cup. This coming from a man who after every win does the punching of his fist to the crowd. what a totally dislikable club right through from manager to fans. Which is just plain weird for such a small nothing club.

by 9165 » 07 Feb 2024 10:02

Odd! Their previous manager, Westley, was a right gamemanship merchant too, a bit of a winder- upper to say the least.
Like you say, probably at their peak this season anyway.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Feb 2024 10:21

9165 Odd! Their previous manager, Westley, was a right gamemanship merchant too, a bit of a winder- upper to say the least.
Like you say, probably at their peak this season anyway.

Two games v play off place Stevenage = 2 Reading wins. For 3 goals against 0.

Weird league.

Next two games are key, Charlton at home and then a first ever visit to Charlie Adam's Fleetwood. Just so easy to completely **** all expectations up though. It's the Reading way after all.

yuomi

by yuomi » 07 Feb 2024 10:56

Evans had them in the (atrocious) ref's ear all night and they seemed to know how/when to go down to get the most out the officials. A bit taken aback by how much their fans seems to dislike us - there is LOTS of 'can't wait for them to go out of business/go the way of Bury' bullsh*t floating about.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Feb 2024 10:59

All seems very bitter. Fair enough, they had us on the back foot for a lot of the game, especially the first half and in the last 10, but it's a smash and grab win really that we earnt through determined defending throughout. It happens. Don't see the need for the "hope they don't exist" bollocks just because we've done the double over them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2024 11:09

They had 2 shots on target didn’t they? Neither of which troubled Button. If that’s ’absolutely Dogged them’ then not sure how their other games have been

Evans is a disgusting creature and a heart attack waiting to happen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Feb 2024 12:38

They're known to be an unpleasant bunch.

Iirc the home game they seemed to think there was some big rivalry and antagonism between us. But ultimately, they're a club that most Reading fans wouldn’t give a second thought to, maybe a first thought.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Feb 2024 13:07

Snowflake Royal They're known to be an unpleasant bunch.

Iirc the home game they seemed to think there was some big rivalry and antagonism between us. But ultimately, they're a club that most Reading fans wouldn’t give a second thought to, maybe a first thought.

Strange that they seem to want to be building a rivalry but last night was their lowest attendance in the league, ultimately boosted by such a large away support. Am sure the weather played a big part in the crowd size mind.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 07 Feb 2024 13:34

Brogue what a weird bunch they are. also saw their fat pcunt of a manager saying we celebrated the win like we won the World Cup. This coming from a man who after every win does the punching of his fist to the crowd. what a totally dislikable club right through from manager to fans. Which is just plain weird for such a small nothing club.

I think any other manager would be able to see that it's a load of very young players, who are struggling against incredible odds, going to celebrate with the fans that have backed them to the hilt throughout this season (excepting a few dickheads early on).

He can't, and it does seem like they are trying to manufacture a hatred where one doesn't really exist.

Oh well, league double and I bet Evans still looks like a freshly-boiled ham.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2024 13:45

Evans has always been a fcuking twat and Stevenage is a no mark town, so it's hardly surprising the comments from both the manager and fans.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Feb 2024 13:58

Hound Evans is a disgusting creature and a heart attack waiting to happen

:|

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 07 Feb 2024 14:32

stealthpapes

He definitely needs to chill his beans as it can’t do his blood pressure any good. Sometimes you wonder if the antics of these style of manager, bullying the officials all game, works massively against them ultimately. As a fan you must get fed up with the drivel he spouts too, there’s always some excuse and someone else’s fault.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2024 14:38

stealthpapes

Not sure why it gets that reaction. I’m not wishing it on him

But he is a massively overweight, overly angry man.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2024 14:52

Hound
stealthpapes

what's his username?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2024 16:54

paultheroyal Comments from Stevenage...

Anyone noticed we kicked in to the wind both halvesAnyone noticed we kicked in to the wind both halves

According to the historical weather reports for Stevenage, the wind was unchanged in direction throughout the game. So, if they were playing into a wind in the second half as well, it must have been down to whatever Evans ate at half-time.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 07 Feb 2024 16:58

paultheroyal Comments from Stevenage...

Had this been standard Saturday fixture I think we’d have trounced them. The stats don’t lie and we absolutely dogged them. Apart from the Sweeney god-like block, they had f*ck all, which makes it all the more frustrating they walk away with a win from an own goal…

Stevenage are the sort of team I'd want to dominate the stats. I'd definitely want them to dominate possession as they have some of the lowest possession stats in the league and therefore they may struggle to know what to do with dominating the ball.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Feb 2024 17:35

leon
Hound
stealthpapes

what's his username?

You might not be happy with guesses to that question.

4486 posts