Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jan 2014 12:30

Kingsley Junior
Uke
Kingsley Junior
Not to mention the newspaper columns and the fact that Lineker for instance hosts on other channels like Al Jazeera. Add up all the money they get paid and it's not bad if you are a top pundit certainly.

In related news I saw Roberts on the BBC website talking about Sam Allardyce and how he can lead West Ham to safety. Why is he talking about West Ham? Shouldn't he be focused on Reading while he is still a player at least?

FFS

"Jason, what are your views on Big Sam and West Ham this season?"

"Yeah, I'm sure Nigel will do well for Reading by the end of the season..."

Hmm. Rather longer set of quotes than him just giving a quick reluctant answer to a question when asked. Read the article, he had plenty to say on West Ham. Given the article calls him "Reading striker Jason Roberts" not "BBC pundit Jason Roberts" it would be quite nice for him to keep his views to himself for a change. If he wants the media spotlight, then do us a favour and retire from playing and go full time on the Beeb's wage bill.

Exactly. Either earn his RFC wages by helping promote them and working in the local community whilst he is unable to play or sod off and work on his media career. Will he be at Watford today helping the team with his experience, positive attitude, role model, that we used to hear so much about from the club or will he be getting ready for his next nice little earner from the BBC.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Jan 2014 12:50

Kingsley Junior
paultheroyal Every week every manager is asked a question(s) at their press conference which are mKing the news that week albeit sackings, bad tackles and the like. Get over it.

Sorry, I missed the bit where Jason Roberts became a manager and held press conferences. I missed Nick Blackman's press conference too, and Jobi McAnuff's. No, just Jason wasn't it. Therein lies my bugbear which I will get over in my own time thanks.

Let us know when you do and be quick about it. Life is too short.

McClearyChops

by McClearyChops » 12 Jan 2014 10:03

Roberts is on Goals on Sunday at the moment

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 12 Jan 2014 10:09

Benni McCarthy looking closer to match fitness....

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jan 2014 12:46

Dave-Royal Roberts won't be playing reading again he finished

Sorry, could you please write that in English?

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 12 Jan 2014 13:08

Dave-Royal Roberts won't be playing reading again he finished

Wow! Amazing insight into the fitness of Roberts.

Personally I hope that he makes a comeback and plays alongside Pog for a sustained period. Too soon to say if he's past it but if he's fit we should give him a chance.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2014 14:08

He won't play for Reading again. Hip op or replacement is needed.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 12 Jan 2014 16:00

5 minute interview with him on Sky Sports from Goals on Sunday. Sounds very much to me as if he is finished.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Jan 2014 18:16

Why doesn't the club come to an arrangement where they continue to pay him weekly etc but on the understanding that he fcuks off now? He's not exactly a Murty type character that has done a lot for the club.

Don't hate the guy or anything but given this is a season of transition that squad number could be used for one of the youth players instead.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Jan 2014 19:35

MmmMonsterMunch He's not exactly a Murty type character that has done a lot for the club.

But he does a fair amount with the youth team...

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 12 Jan 2014 19:46

MmmMonsterMunch Why doesn't the club come to an arrangement where they continue to pay him weekly etc but on the understanding that he fcuks off now? He's not exactly a Murty type character that has done a lot for the club.

Don't hate the guy or anything but given this is a season of transition that squad number could be used for one of the youth players instead.

He's pretty influential around the training ground every day. And believe me thats a big part of the day in/day out running of a club. If someone is well liked and brings a positive vibe to the training ground, they are pretty valuable. The club probably won't mind as much that they are are paying him a load of cash to go to the gym everyday.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Jan 2014 20:17

Just watching goals on sunday now - interesting that even Jason admits we were a mid table side that just had a lot of team spirit & were well organised.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2014 21:23

Dave-Royal tell you now Jason Roberts won't be playing football again. he will hang up his boots up.. reading must offload him now no way he playing reading again.he better off been a football pundit

What and deprive you of a job?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jan 2014 21:24

Again

For those of you supposedly in the know..

How much are Reading really paying him whilst he is on the biff?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Jan 2014 21:46

AthleticoSpizz Again

For those of you supposedly in the know..

How much are Reading really paying him whilst he is on the biff?

Bigger Q is how much do we recoup from insurance..... more than many of those abusing him recognise.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2014 21:49

Dave-Royal Sandman

You think Roberts will play for reading again you are silly..? .. ! I am telling you now he won't come back. I don't care what people say .dont......come to me on here when he hangs his boots up and I will say I told you. he to busy talk on tv football pundit

I don't think JR will play for Reading again despite his best efforts to do so.

I do think Royal-Dave that you could be the next Alan Hansen with your vast knowledge of the game and the articulate way you post.
Last edited by sandman on 12 Jan 2014 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2014 21:54

Read his latest twitter tirade.Sooner he's gone the better.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2014 22:01

No Fixed Abode Read his latest twitter tirade.Sooner he's gone the better.

House.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2014 22:37

MmmMonsterMunch Why doesn't the club come to an arrangement where they continue to pay him weekly etc but on the understanding that he fcuks off now? He's not exactly a Murty type character that has done a lot for the club.

And tonight he's been moaning about some Reading fans. He says hes been Ignoring the minority of idiots (which is fair enough with some of the tweets he gets sent) Only 'true' fans have been behind him and his legacy speaks for itself..

I pointed out that Reading fans are entitled to their opinion (on him)as they pay his wages, if he doesn't like it he should retire.

And the response I got from him wasn't what you'd expect from an experienced pro football :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2014 22:44

I'm disappointed you didn't tell him he was rattLOLed

732 posts