Jason Roberts nearly back

732 posts
wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by wingnut » 27 Aug 2013 12:18

One8Seven1 He'll either make a return and stay fit or he wont.

Yeah, only those truly ITK have the inside knowledge to come up with intel like this.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2013 22:22

Platypuss Compare and contrast with the free ride being given to JImmy "sicknote" Kébé

Ahem.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 04 Sep 2013 06:09

I really hope he can come back. Even if he doesn't score a lot he is great at holding up the ball and disrupting the opposition's back four in the final third. He'd probably be better than anything we have seen so far this season at CF...

mickeyc9

by mickeyc9 » 04 Sep 2013 06:59

I agree with:
1. He probably won't be back
2. It would be great if he did come back
3. If he did come back we can't reasonably expect him to be as good as at the end of the 2011/2012 season
4. Who can blame him for taking the money while his contract is still active
5. The very valid point that without him we certainly wouldn't have been promoted at the end of the 2011/2012 season and therefore whether you call it grateful or something else, we should recognise that he was the main reason that we went up
6. When he got injured in the Prem we reverted to the form of a mid-table Championship team and we have pretty much stayed there other than the first half against Watford

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Sep 2013 08:45

Royal Ginger
LoyalRoyalFan
FridaysGhost Jason Roberts is last season's Bryn Gunnarson. Why do we never learn to put retirees out to graze? They take up squad numbers and wages and contribute nothing except making our squad weaker!

THEN WE CAN GET JORDAN RHODES, YES??!

Most of us have blocked him. As i've been told off for before please refrain from quoting him.

FridaysGhost For Gods sake, why don't you twats f*ck off over to Facebook and leave the Fans to talk team info. Every person who blocks my posts shows who they are. The W*nkers and the Wasters. Leave the site you Morons and let us Fans (with an IQ of over 6) talk!

Someone with an IQ over 6 would be smart enough realise that if everyone has them blocked then they are just talking to themselves over and over again.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 08 Sep 2013 22:28

Love him

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Sep 2013 22:40

mickeyc9 I agree with:
3. If he did come back we can't reasonably expect him to be as good as at the end of the 2011/2012 season
5. The very valid point that without him we certainly wouldn't have been promoted at the end of the 2011/2012 season and therefore whether you call it grateful or something else, we should recognise that he was the main reason that we went up
6. When he got injured in the Prem we reverted to the form of a mid-table Championship team and we have pretty much stayed there other than the first half against Watford

Like a new signing. I can't think of a player who singlehandedly changed our fortunes so much. Except bizarrely for Mat Robinson!?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Sep 2013 00:43

2 world wars, 1 world cup
mickeyc9 I agree with:

Like a new signing. I can't think of a player who singlehandedly changed our fortunes so much. Except bizarrely for Mat Robinson!?

Agreed, Martin Butler springs to mind. As well as Kitson.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 09 Sep 2013 06:41

TFF Love him

Definitely. Two beers and a fishing rod, a man after my own heart!

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 10 Sep 2013 14:23

Experienced Reading duo Mikele Leigertwood and Jason Roberts are closing in on returns to action.
Midfielder Leigertwood underwent an ankle operation over the summer and striker Roberts has also yet to appear this season due to a hip injury.
But both players are stepping up their training to give manager Nigel Adkins a welcome fitness boost.
Director of football Nicky Hammond said: "They are both back on the training field and have been making progress.
"It will be nice to have them both back in contention."

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 10 Sep 2013 15:02

RACIST !!

Oh, BACK, im sorry

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 11 Sep 2013 02:09

loyalroyaldaz RACIST !!

Oh, BACK, im sorry

Yes I read the thread as nearly black too...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Sep 2013 03:33

URZZZZZ Experienced Reading duo Mikele Leigertwood and Jason Roberts are closing in on returns to action.
Midfielder Leigertwood underwent an ankle operation over the summer and striker Roberts has also yet to appear this season due to a hip injury.
But both players are stepping up their training to give manager Nigel Adkins a welcome fitness boost.
Director of football Nicky Hammond said: "They are both back on the training field and have been making progress.
"It will be nice to have them both back in contention."

In other words, DOF Hammond told us nothing of any real substance. Walking on the training field could be regarded as making progress. Of course it will be nice to have them back in contention but timescales for that happening. I bet the medics/physios could have a pretty good stab at the minimum likely period but Hammond isn't letting on.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 11 Sep 2013 05:53

Why would the club mention it if they weren't going to be ready more sooner than later? If these guys are still months off all you'll be doing is pissing off the fans more after the deadline day debacle...

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 11 Sep 2013 11:25

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Sep 2013 12:21

Libertine Why would the club mention it if they weren't going to be ready more sooner than later? If these guys are still months off all you'll be doing is pissing off the fans more after the deadline day debacle...

I don't think Hammonds quote is really saying they're close to making a comeback, he'll just have been giving an answer to a question.

It's a little bit of positive news after the dissappointment of not signing the players they wanted. If they're not back in 2 weeks time (I'll be surprised if it's 2 months time) then they won't really be held to account over it, especially as they've not put any timelines on it anyway.

It's a total non-story.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Sep 2013 12:55

leigertwood shouldn't be out for much longer, ankle operation at the beginning of summer, he's had two months recovery. Should be nearly there in terms being on the training field rebuilding fitness, with modern recovery times.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Sep 2013 13:12

I'm sure the club physio's could have a stab at naming a return date but
1. the people who think that should be done are the same people who would be on here whinging if the player didn't make a man of the match appearance for us on the exact day predicted
2. judging recovery isn't an exact science. Of course an experienced physio could say that is his view this sort of injury takes on average x weeks to fix, but injuries differ, players differ and setbacks occur.

They'll be back when they are back, and it will be good to see both fully fit and in contention for places.

Would be like 2 new signings.....

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Sep 2013 15:51

I will guarantee Jason Roberts will make a come back and be injured again within 4 weeks. Paddy Power have already paid out.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Sep 2013 16:55

Nameless I'm sure the club physio's could have a stab at naming a return date but
1. the people who think that should be done are the same people who would be on here whinging if the player didn't make a man of the match appearance for us on the exact day predicted
2. judging recovery isn't an exact science. Of course an experienced physio could say that is his view this sort of injury takes on average x weeks to fix, but injuries differ, players differ and setbacks occur.

They'll be back when they are back, and it will be good to see both fully fit and in contention for places.

Would be like 2 new signings.....

/thread

732 posts