Blackpool (A) - Match Thread sponsored by a day at the sea

364 posts
ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blackpool (A) - Match Thread sponsored by a day at the s

by ankeny » 24 Aug 2013 19:23

CrispyRoyal You'd think we'd been beaten 8-0. By West Ham. On TV. We were beaten 1-0 by Blackpool with all of 11 people at the game. Adkins needs time. Some people are still on McDermott World, some people are still in the third division, and some people are still Chelsea fans inside. Some people need to wake up and see the club is doing something very big and very difficult, that involves the fans being patient and not whiny 4 year olds.

Or wide eyed 15 year olds :lol:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Aug 2013 19:24

Readallaboutit
MmmMonsterMunch Readingensian - You're brushing over the fact that quite a lot of our players are on bumper money these days - Pearce, Kebe, HRK, Pog, McAnuff, Drenthe, Williams, Bridge, McCarthy, Roberts, Mariappa to name a few.

We've not sold anyone & had the annual summer sale. We are spending more money than ever from what I can see.

What's bumper money and how do you know this? Most of the players if not all would have a condition in their contract that would reduced their wage when relegated so I would highly doubt the players you have named (Pog aside) are on bumper money.

I suggest you read this article:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120032

Our wages will have gone up considerably since then too.

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 24 Aug 2013 19:25

ankeny
CrispyRoyal You'd think we'd been beaten 8-0. By West Ham. On TV. We were beaten 1-0 by Blackpool with all of 11 people at the game. Adkins needs time. Some people are still on McDermott World, some people are still in the third division, and some people are still Chelsea fans inside. Some people need to wake up and see the club is doing something very big and very difficult, that involves the fans being patient and not whiny 4 year olds.

Short sighted 15 year olds actually :wink: but I'm short sighted, not short sighted like some others around here.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Aug 2013 19:26

AirRaidSiren
LoyalRoyalFan
AirRaidSiren
But you're not exactly supporting the team now, are you? Bringing up old hat constantly is getting you nowhere. You're achieving nothing.

Let's just say, if Leeds did come to the Madejski and kick our arse, are you going to be cheering and rubbing it in the players, managers and fans faces? Of course you will. Why? Because you want Adkins to fail just so you can finger point and say 'told you I was right'......really? I find you rather shallow.

:lol:

No, I just want to dish it back to the people who did the same things when McDermott was in charge.

But he isn't and that was 5 months ago. <------------do you see that?

Pretty sad going on about it 5 months on.

Yeah, we can move on. Perhaps I am rattling on. Not impressed with Adkins and I know I'm not the only one!

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Aug 2013 19:29

MmmMonsterMunch

Ok we pay all these players huge wages to get us back up then what ???

We get up there, and these players on huge wages are not good enough to keep us up there, back to square one again

Thats if they can get us back up in the first place

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 24 Aug 2013 19:29

CrispyRoyal
ankeny

Short sighted 15 year olds actually :wink: but I'm short sighted, not short sighted like some others around here.

Who the oxf*rd are you, Adkins' bodyguard?
I'm sure the team can cope with mild criticism on an internet forum without you stepping in to protect them.
It was a poor result and people are entitled to say it was a poor result so just put your long term vision spiel away, will you?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 24 Aug 2013 19:29

Royal91
AirRaidSiren
sandman I defend Brian McDermott because he is a man I greatly respect and when I feel he has been unfairly maligned, which he has been on several occasions on this site, since he left. If you and your ilk didn't make constant little digs and attacks on him then I wouldn't have to defend him and therefore wouldn't "hark back" or whatever you called it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's as if you personally knew him. Grow up.

Sandman spies on McDermott from a tree at night. His obsession has become uncontrollable!!

He will be sitting up in that with a few more HNA'ers by the looks of things. They're are going to be like a protective rabid animal come the Leeds game :roll:

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 24 Aug 2013 19:32

Bad day at the office today and its still early days, I agree with the philosophy of football we are trying to play but I'm not sure it'll take us up at first try

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Aug 2013 19:34

MmmMonsterMunch
sandman
MmmMonsterMunch Surely we can all at least agree that Reading needed to be better on the ball and get more possession though?

I'm not saying we need to be Barcelona but the ball was in the main a hot potato under McDermott.

(That is not a dig at McD before you interpret it to be Sandman). Whether you play direct or more of a passing game we were way below par when it came to retaining the ball.

Good means you're are maturing and at least learning something.

All I've learnt is that you're patronising to be honest - not once have I had a dig at McD.

Again you're seeing things that aren't there. I'm not trying to patronise you but if you don't seem to understand or want to understand what is being said.

This little spat all came about because I made a perfectly reasonable point that while there was overreaction to today's result those like yourself who seemingly want to pretend nothing is going wrong at all are also wrong. That would seem perfectly fine to a reasonable person but you decided to go on the attack and make remarks about me based on your pre-conceived idea's and go on about being a glass half full person.

Questioning things does not make someone a negative person and if you want the hippy everyone's great and the world is a brilliant place win, lose or draw then I suggest RR may be more to your taste.
Last edited by sandman on 24 Aug 2013 19:54, edited 3 times in total.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 24 Aug 2013 19:36

Theroyalbox Bad day at the office today and its still early days, I agree with the philosophy of football we are trying to play but I'm not sure it'll take us up at first try

I guess THE most important question, are the players good enough to play the style NA wants.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 24 Aug 2013 19:39

Short sighted 15 year olds actually :wink: but I'm short sighted, not [i]short sighted
like some others around here.[/quote]

I'm sure the team can cope with mild criticism on an internet forum without you stepping in to protect them.
It was a poor result and people are entitled to say it was a poor result so just put your long term vision spiel away, will you?
In joke Pissed off,there is more than one clique on here if this one is just two of us,,but football is about opinions ,no need for abuse,Ill give him a kick.
Last edited by ankeny on 24 Aug 2013 19:40, edited 2 times in total.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 24 Aug 2013 19:39

Theroyalbox Bad day at the office today and its still early days, I agree with the philosophy of football we are trying to play but I'm not sure it'll take us up at first try

I agree that the philosophy is not the problem, it is the failure to implement it effectively. By all means play a passing game, just do it in the opposition half... pretty tough when we only have one player in it all too often.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 24 Aug 2013 19:42

ankeny

In joke Pissed off,there is more than one clique on here if this one is just two of us,,but football is about opinions ,no need for abuse,Ill give him a kick.

I was referring to the initial comment rather than the exchange about 15 or 4 year old people wearing glasses.

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 24 Aug 2013 19:44

P!ssed Off Who the oxf*rd are you, Adkins' bodyguard?

I see where you got your username from then.

So I'm not doom-mongering about an early season defeat? There is a difference between saying it was a poor result, and it was a poor result, and blowing things out proportion with the grand scheme of things. My long term vision spiel is one of my best. Since when have I said the team won't be able to cope with mild criticism on a small internet forum? I'm sure they can. The question is can Blackman cope with the abuse I give him on Twitter.

In jokes my friend, in jokes... that hurt Mike :D

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 24 Aug 2013 19:47

"BBtBB says"
Worst mistake today was not playing the same 11 that started last week.....

Exactly. Last week, first half, played great and took apart a team expecting to be in automatic play offs.
This week playing a team with nowhere near the same ability - so why not put the same team out?

Readallaboutit

by Readallaboutit » 24 Aug 2013 19:48

ManchesterRoyals
MmmMonsterMunch

Ok we pay all these players huge wages to get us back up then what ???

We get up there, and these players on huge wages are not good enough to keep us up there, back to square one again

Thats if they can get us back up in the first place

What sort of wage figures are talking about?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Aug 2013 19:52

Royal91 Sandman spies on McDermott from a tree at night. His obsession has become uncontrollable!!

That tree or the place where Adkin's brown nosers reside..................tough one, not.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 24 Aug 2013 19:54

CrispyRoyal
P!ssed Off Who the oxf*rd are you, Adkins' bodyguard?

I see where you got your username from then.

So I'm not doom-mongering about an early season defeat? There is a difference between saying it was a poor result, and it was a poor result, and blowing things out proportion with the grand scheme of things. My long term vision spiel is one of my best. Since when have I said the team won't be able to cope with mild criticism on a small internet forum? I'm sure they can. The question is can Blackman cope with the abuse I give him on Twitter.

In jokes my friend, in jokes... that hurt Mike :D

If you want to know where I got my username from I refer you to my 'Date Joined', when we were in the midst of our worst run, of our worst season for over a decade.

As for the doom-mongering, I'm not sure many people are.
Regardless of whether we win, lose or draw, there is an annoying contingent of nobbers who find it necessary to come on here after each game to tell everyone to 'calm down', 'don't overreact'. It's really quite irritating.

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 24 Aug 2013 20:00

Woodcote Royal
Royal91 Sandman spies on McDermott from a tree at night. His obsession has become uncontrollable!!

That tree or the place where Adkin's brown nosers reside..................tough one, not.

Or his bodyguards :lol: where do the McDermott bodyguards lie, in the middle ages perhaps?

EPR2.0

by EPR2.0 » 24 Aug 2013 20:02

The north end of the pitch was covered in little bits of what looked like plastic (not the burst balloons - some other kind of litter) and I remember thinking to myself that somebody could easily slip on one of those. Not sure if that's what happened and ultimately led to their goal will have to wait until I see it back.

364 posts