The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

7574 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2014/15

by sandman » 06 Dec 2014 22:28

Very poor from Atkins to talk about others supposedly not putting in hard work, when he's off fraternising with Thai beauty queens, practice what you preach Mr Atkins.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 06 Dec 2014 23:04

As much as I dislike the cunt, it's Adkins .........

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2014 23:10

One Beer is never enough. As much as I dislike the cunt, it's Adkins .........

Pretty sure it's Atkins. Not my fault that he can't spell his f[u]cking name properly.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 07 Dec 2014 09:17

sandman Very poor from Atkins to talk about others supposedly not putting in hard work, when he's off fraternising with Thai beauty queens, practice what you preach Mr Atkins.

Quick to judge without thinking ahead. If any of you follow Samuel on Twitter, he moans a fair bit about not playing in the first team. Doesn't even watch the team when he's not selected.

Adkins has probably picked up on this now he has twitter, hence the comment.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Dec 2014 10:41

Plymouth_Royal
sandman Very poor from Atkins to talk about others supposedly not putting in hard work, when he's off fraternising with Thai beauty queens, practice what you preach Mr Atkins.

Quick to judge without thinking ahead. If any of you follow Samuel on Twitter, he moans a fair bit about not playing in the first team. Doesn't even watch the team when he's not selected.

Funny that, I've seen him walking away from the stadium with many of the other Under 21 and Academy players after 1st team matches several times. In fact, I saw him watching the Under21's play Manchester United when he was injured last season.

Of course he wants to play in the first team and is upset that he isn't, would be worrying if he didn't.

Froomes

by Froomes » 07 Dec 2014 10:56

Plymouth_Royal

What I don't understand is why it's ok, according to some people on this forum, for Adkins to criticise a player in public despite him putting in great performances consistently but it not ok for fans to criticise HRK publicly (the booing as he was subbed) when he's put in yet another dismal performance?

Surely getting slagged off in the press by your manager, after yet another good performance, is going to have a more detrimental effect on your confidence than a few people booing you after yet another woeful performance....

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Dec 2014 11:08

sandman
Plymouth_Royal

Funny that, I've seen him walking away from the stadium with many of the other Under 21 and Academy players after 1st team matches several times. In fact, I saw him watching the Under21's play Manchester United when he was injured last season.

Of course he wants to play in the first team and is upset that he isn't, would be worrying if he didn't.

Against Man Utd... of course he was fricking there! Even fans that take little notice in the U21's come out for those fixtures when they're allowed in.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Dec 2014 11:52

sandman
Plymouth_Royal

SPARTA Against Man Utd... of course he was fricking there! Even fans that take little notice in the U21's come out for those fixtures when they're allowed in.

:|

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 07 Dec 2014 13:38

sandman
Plymouth_Royal

Im referring to the first team. Why don't you put your hatred for Adkins for one side and see this from a professional viewpoint. If a first team player moaned on twitter that he wasn't playing, what do you think would happen to him?

I'll leave it at that.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 07 Dec 2014 13:52

On a more positive note. I watched our u9's and u11's at the Dome this morning against QPR and we were easily the best team in all of the games I saw. The u9's were particularly impressive. I lost count of the number of goals we scored (at least 8) in the game I was watching. QPR were big and physical, we were smaller but determined and much more skillfull. I went away very impressed and optimistic.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Dec 2014 16:05

Plymouth_Royal

Had a quick look on his twitter and not seen any of the tweets you're referring to.

Like Sandman, I've seen Samuel after 1st team ganes outside the Madejski, on what evidence are you claiming he doesn't attend games when not picked?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Dec 2014 16:15

sandman
Plymouth_Royal

Plymouth_Royal Im referring to the first team. Why don't you put your hatred for Adkins for one side and see this from a professional viewpoint. If a first team player moaned on twitter that he wasn't playing, what do you think would happen to him?

I'll leave it at that.

Don't hate Adkins, just don't want him as Reading Manager, good manager just not a Reading manager.

Again have not seen Samuel "moan" about not playing, it appears you have taken a comment(s) the wrong way and have proceeded to make up an accusation that he does not watch first team games despite the fact I, confirmed by another, have seen him outside the Stadium on match days.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Dec 2014 11:27

ZacNaloen u18s just beat fulham 3-1

Goals from Cardwell (2) and Husin.

On Samuel, it is surprising that he hasn't made the bench at all, but remember than before Villa he'd scored 3 goals in 8(?) matches. That would be good form in the first team but it's not banging on the door.

If his Twitter gives anything away it's his barely-disguised fishing for a loan move. That, and his daily comments about how man followers he's got...

mambo3

by mambo3 » 08 Dec 2014 11:29

mambo3

by mambo3 » 08 Dec 2014 11:35

SCIAG

On Samuel, it is surprising that he hasn't made the bench at all, but remember than before Villa he'd scored 3 goals in 8(?) matches. That would be good form in the first team but it's not banging on the door.

If his Twitter gives anything away it's his barely-disguised fishing for a loan move. That, and his daily comments about how man followers he's got...

you are really hating on him eh!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 08 Dec 2014 11:54

On Samuel,

Anyone else Remember the rumour over the summer about us trying to shift Samuel as he's not the same player since his injury last year?

The club clearly weren't happy with his progress post injury and perhaps came back to preseason out of shape, and I've long suspected his attitude was suspect just from the tone of his twitter.

It's all changed in the last few weeks so I imagine he's had some tough love from the club.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 08 Dec 2014 12:03

:)
ZacNaloen On Samuel,

Anyone else Remember the rumour over the summer about us trying to shift Samuel as he's not the same player since his injury last year?

The club clearly weren't happy with his progress post injury and perhaps came back to preseason out of shape, and I've long suspected his attitude was suspect just from the tone of his twitter.

It's all changed in the last few weeks so I imagine he's had some tough love from the club.

:) :) Agree!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Dec 2014 14:01

mambo3
SCIAG

you are really hating on him eh!

:| Not sure how saying I am surprised that he hasn't made the bench and pointing out that his form this season hasn't been great constitutes "hating". I've picked him on the first team bench six times this season and spent a lot of time talking him up in the past, but he hasn't developed like we hoped he would when he tore the U18 league a new one.

The goal you posted was excellent, the defending was shocking but take nothing away from Dom. However, it was nearly two years ago. Before the Villa match, he'd scored 6 goals in the past two seasons (plus 6 in his first season in the U21s), albeit whilst suffering from several injuries, so you can see why Adkins hasn't been picking him. I hope he keeps up his recent good form and forces his way into the first team but he can't complain about not being picked. He's had a tough couple of years, we're lacking in strikers, and if he can recapture his best form then everyone will be happy.

I was a bit suspicious of this post at the time: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118821l&start=20
Given your record since, do you know Dom personally?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Dec 2014 14:26

Ian Royal
glass half full I have said this before but I feel very confident for the future with our batch of young players coming through.

The prospect of a first team in two years of:

Henly.
Long.Hector.Cooper.Owusu.
Kuhl.Tshibola.
Stacey.Tanner.Fosu.
Cardwell.

Is extremely exciting... even if its in League One. Our defence looks exceptionally strong in terms of young talent for the next few years.

Going forward a bit less so. But still good options.

Lot's of potential in the attack.. - add to the above Samuel, Kelly, Smith and Novakovich. Perhaps a bit behind but Vastsuk seems to have the odd screamer in him too.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 08 Dec 2014 16:11

If his Twitter gives anything away it's his barely-disguised fishing for a loan move. That, and his daily comments about how man followers he's got...[/quote]

you are really hating on him eh![/quote]
:| Not sure how saying I am surprised that he hasn't made the bench and pointing out that his form this season hasn't been great constitutes "hating". I've picked him on the first team bench six times this season and spent a lot of time talking him up in the past, but he hasn't developed like we hoped he would when he tore the U18 league a new one.

The goal you posted was excellent, the defending was shocking but take nothing away from Dom. However, it was nearly two years ago. Before the Villa match, he'd scored 6 goals in the past two seasons (plus 6 in his first season in the U21s), albeit whilst suffering from several injuries, so you can see why Adkins hasn't been picking him. I hope he keeps up his recent good form and forces his way into the first team but he can't complain about not being picked. He's had a tough couple of years, we're lacking in strikers, and if he can recapture his best form then everyone will be happy.

I was a bit suspicious of this post at the time: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118821l&start=20
Given your record since, do you know Dom personally?[/quote]

Don't know him personally but I watched Dom, Craig Tanner, Jordan, Partridge (Released since) and marked them down as future Prem players never mind championship when they were playing U16/18 football for RFC, the last of there age group left. Haven't changed my mind , non of them deserve negative exposure except Partridge as they are that good and we should be supporting them but it seems that Dom has more that his fair share for somebody who has not played for the first team and was injured for most of last season.

7574 posts