Peterborough (A) Match Thread Sponsored by COC (lol)

615 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Peterborough (A) Match Thread Sponsored by COC (lol)

by Man Friday » 27 Aug 2013 22:18

Hoop Blah To be clear, I'm not absolving Adkins of blame for this performance, but under no circumstances should that 11 be bad enough as it sounds they've been. Ultimately that comes down to the players themselves.

You misunderstand me. I'm not talking about Adkins. I'm referring to how the players were saying how motivated they now are. Performances suggest otherwise.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 27 Aug 2013 22:18

Only club in the world with a skint billionaire owner!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Aug 2013 22:19

ManchesterRoyals
RoyalBlue
higher
Yeah get yer Rubles out for the lads Anton

If he's short of some, he could raffle off his missus - we'll be able to make a late bid for Bale!

Hes tighter than a oxf*rd ducks arse

but is she?

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 27 Aug 2013 22:19

(also posted on bftg)

Tried typing some of what Nigel said:

First of all, we have to applaud the supporters - it's not an acceptable results away from home.

What we have is group of players now, who have got to get themselves together.

We have a couple of days left of the transfer window, and I'll be speaking to the owner tomorrow - whether there is any movement there, I don't know.

Ramifications for Saturday - there are a group of players who didn't perform tonight, they'll be itching to play on Saturday. The players tonight will be feeling down, and we have to pick them up.

Tonight was an opportunity for the players to go and produce - fair to say that many of them didn't do that.

We don't just want to go route one, we have to get and pass the ball - perhaps some of the players found it challenging tonight.

Look at the goals tonight - poor poor goals, individual defensive mistakes they shouldn't be making.

Kebe was told on Friday he was playing [tonight] to save him travelling to the north west, he trained on Saturday Morning, left the training ground fit - come half past 8 on Monday morning, he has declared himself unfit. Read into that what you want. [do you know about he injury?] - who knows with Jimmy. I've been here since March, and he hasn't been available at all. I know a few clubs have been interested in him. As a manager, what can you do about that? Listen, Jimmy Kebe could have kept reading in the premier league. I'm disappointment he isn't fit and available.

[does the result have any bearing on bringing in new players] - no not at all.

[are you feeling under pressure going into the game on Saturday] - listen, we go away at the weekend, with a desire to get all three points.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 27 Aug 2013 22:20

Royal91 Only club in the world with a skint billionaire owner!

Thats why hes a billionaire, he dont spend oxf*rd all of it

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Aug 2013 22:21

tmesis We had a weak squad by premier league standards, with a lack of investment, but this result isn't about a lack of investment.

Even with the changes we've made, losing to Peterborough alone would be a poor result.

Losing by this margin though, is unacceptable on every level possible.

Exactly.

We may not have the first 11 of the 106 but this is the strongest squad the club has ever had at this level....................this should be a wake-up call for Adkins and his highly tedious apologists.

I don't want him sacked "yet" but if there's one thing that incensed me tonight it was Kelly not getting a game.

This team can't buy a clean sheet and (assuming he was fit) is light years better than Gunter, who has been a liability defensively yet, our Irish international wasn't given a chance on a night when our manager was prepared to make 9 other changes from Saturday........................for this, Mr Adkin's, you really are a twat who got everything he deserved from Posh :|

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 27 Aug 2013 22:22

RFCUK (also posted on bftg)

Tried typing some of what Nigel said:

We have a couple of days left of the transfer window, and I'll be speaking to the owner tomorrow - whether there is any movement there, I don't know.

So wheres the 2 more signings thats been promised??

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 27 Aug 2013 22:22

ManchesterRoyals
Royal91 Only club in the world with a skint billionaire owner!

Thats why hes a billionaire, he dont spend oxf*rd all of it

We don't have a Billionaire owner, HTH
We have a spoilt daddy's boy who is out of his depth.

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 22:23

Woodcote Royal
tmesis We had a weak squad by premier league standards, with a lack of investment, but this result isn't about a lack of investment.

Even with the changes we've made, losing to Peterborough alone would be a poor result.

Exactly.

We may not have the first 11 of the 106 but this is the strongest squad the club has ever had at this level....................this should be a wake-up call for Adkins and his highly tedious apologists.

I don't want him sacked "yet" but if there's one thing that incensed me tonight it was Kelly not getting a game.

This team can't buy a clean sheet and (assuming he was fit) is light years better than Gunter, who has been a liability defensively yet, our Irish international wasn't given a chance on a night when our manager was prepared to make 9 other changes from Saturday........................for this, Mr Adkin's, you really are a twat who got everything he deserved from Posh :|

Kelly's wife was in labour, that is why Kelly did not play

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 27 Aug 2013 22:23

Woodcote Royal

Exactly.

They said on BBC Berks that Kelly's partner was in labour so fair enough - but a bad night indeed.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 27 Aug 2013 22:24

our starting line up for league games is what it is for a reason!! the fringe players are not good enough and have to move on. still we will not see a perfromance like this in the league after the smack down NA will give the team after tonight. theres still money there and money will be spent before the deadline. and i still see further signings when the loan window opens afterwards. the team need a good away support on saturday and theres going to be one heck of a performance to come when we turn a team over by several goals. i feel sorry for whoever travelled tonight but lets be honest our performances have never been great in the league cup in recent years and one of the reasons i refuse to travel to them

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Aug 2013 22:24

Man Friday
Hoop Blah To be clear, I'm not absolving Adkins of blame for this performance, but under no circumstances should that 11 be bad enough as it sounds they've been. Ultimately that comes down to the players themselves.

You misunderstand me. I'm not talking about Adkins. I'm referring to how the players were saying how motivated they now are. Performances suggest otherwise.

Firstly, you can't trust a word they say as they can't be open and honest.

Secondly, different set of players who've said things are better now and more positive under Adkins to those playing tonight. Tonight's team is made us largely of players who Adkins has dropped or marginalised. Their feelings of the atmosphere is likely to be different to the likes of McLeary, Guthrie, Gunter or Karacan.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2013 22:26

Kebe's apprentice
Woodcote Royal I don't want him sacked "yet" but if there's one thing that incensed me tonight it was Kelly not getting a game.

Same old Woodcote RoyaLOL.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 27 Aug 2013 22:26

our fans are so niave that a new owner would change the Reading ethos at all..... ffs drop the billionaire spending his money jibe. its his club and his money, and with that he can spend what he likes!!!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Aug 2013 22:27

Woodcote Royal

Exactly.

You have had an absolute mare here son!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 27 Aug 2013 22:29

I'm shocked!

Heads will roll after that performance..................

:shock:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 27 Aug 2013 22:29

mikey0406 our fans are so niave that a new owner would change the Reading ethos at all..... ffs drop the billionaire spending his money jibe. its his club and his money, and with that he can spend what he likes!!!

Naive

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 27 Aug 2013 22:30

genome Waiting for the inevitable appearance of Thou Voice, Sir Dodger Royal and Tam- oh.

Haha!!!

Welll let me tell you what had happened here --- a certain player who is probably all pisssy about not being no1 anymore let 6 yes SIX go into the net to ensure that he never had to work another day in an RFC goal but will be paid for at least the next six months.

With regards to the legend that is Kebe " that does what he wants " as we all used to sing, well I guess the urge was tooo much and he did it again...

Look on the bright side tho - our oompa loompa failed to poach anymore than a fried egg and the mighty pog, well, it was 'borough no what division where they in ?

Still if Balding Guy V2 was here, it might have been a 10-0 loss so things are not so bad.

Do You See? :shock:

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 27 Aug 2013 22:32

peterroyal76
mikey0406 our fans are so niave that a new owner would change the Reading ethos at all..... ffs drop the billionaire spending his money jibe. its his club and his money, and with that he can spend what he likes!!!

Naive

lol thats what happens when my emotions run faster than my fingers... no pun intended lol

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Aug 2013 22:36

Kebe's apprentice
Woodcote Royal

Exactly.

Why couldn't he have just told her to hold it?

615 posts