Peterborough (A) Match Thread Sponsored by COC (lol)

615 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Peterborough (A) Match Thread Sponsored by COC (lol)

by TBM » 28 Aug 2013 10:18

I think so - they all look the same to me

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 28 Aug 2013 10:28

Having seen the goals now, is there a reason Federici has been beaten 3 times from outside the area? He seems to be quite a long way off his line for the first two long range goals. Granted I wouldnt expect him to be on his line, but being beaten three times in one match shouldnt happen.

The two penalties were just idiotic defending, Gorkks tackle was just a tired and desperate lunge at the ball, wasnt even close, and I have no clue what Cummings though would happen if he wrestled the P'Boro player to the ground.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 28 Aug 2013 10:35

I honestly couldn't give two hoots for the cup, nor that we were humiliated in the cup. Saturday matters to me, 3pts is what's needed.

Saying that, I feel for the fans travelling and I'm also finding half the team that were selected, dead wood or has beens.

I'm sure Yeovil away will be a far happier result.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 28 Aug 2013 11:06

Royal Lady Not reading all 28 pages of this guff - but has anyone suggested that it might be a nice to gesture for the club to refund the ticket prices or the coach travel or something - because whether the club took this game seriously or not, there were plenty of people who paid good money to go and watch it and, as ever, it is completely disrespectful of the manager, players and club to put in a performance like that after people have put themselves out to watch it.

I know a club can't say "we're not bothered about this mickey mouse cup, we're concentrating on the league" or other similar rubbish, but perhaps if the club offered free coach travel to those that wanted to go to these sort of games, it would be a hint not to expect too much out of it. I hope CMZ reads these threads. Spin your way out of this m8. :roll:

You'd have a point if the team selected was full of kids, it wasn't. That team should of been more than capable of giving Posh a game.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 11:08

Readingfanman Having seen the goals now, is there a reason Federici has been beaten 3 times from outside the area? He seems to be quite a long way off his line for the first two long range goals. Granted I wouldnt expect him to be on his line, but being beaten three times in one match shouldnt happen.

The two penalties were just idiotic defending, Gorkks tackle was just a tired and desperate lunge at the ball, wasnt even close, and I have no clue what Cummings though would happen if he wrestled the P'Boro player to the ground.

Oddly Federici seems to have come out of the game without too much criticism, in fact he got praise for keeping the score down and making some good saves (it's what he's there to do and he's always made saves look better/harder than they should be).

To my mind he's at fault for the first two goals. He's not the only one of course, but he looks half asleep and far to slow getting down when beaten at his near post by an average strike from a comfortable distance for the first.

For the second his footwork and positioning just look wrong and he's yet again beaten from distance with a shot that you think a keeper should probably manage to keep out. I don't understand why he shuffles forward to take himself so far off his line when the shot is coming in. He isn't closing the angle and he's just giving Tomlin too big a target over his head.

After that he's helped put us 2-0 down and the game is pretty much beyond us. Whatever he does after that is kind of irrelevant in my book.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 28 Aug 2013 11:09

Fed has always been prone to being beaten at his near post, but I think his confidence has just gone. No wonder they took to long range shots, you can never be sure he's going to save them.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Aug 2013 11:16

PieEater
Royal Lady Not reading all 28 pages of this guff - but has anyone suggested that it might be a nice to gesture for the club to refund the ticket prices or the coach travel or something - because whether the club took this game seriously or not, there were plenty of people who paid good money to go and watch it and, as ever, it is completely disrespectful of the manager, players and club to put in a performance like that after people have put themselves out to watch it.

I know a club can't say "we're not bothered about this mickey mouse cup, we're concentrating on the league" or other similar rubbish, but perhaps if the club offered free coach travel to those that wanted to go to these sort of games, it would be a hint not to expect too much out of it. I hope CMZ reads these threads. Spin your way out of this m8. :roll:

You'd have a point if the team selected was full of kids, it wasn't. That team should of been more than capable of giving Posh a game.

Yeah I know, which is why I said it was also disrespectful of the players - if they were playing to their best ability, they need to realise they are all shit. Basically.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Aug 2013 11:26

kwik-silva 2nd - Stunner

What you don't see on the TV is where and why we lost the ball. From the second Reading did. We were struggling.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 28 Aug 2013 11:36

Was it the third goal that was a perfect defence splitting pass from HRK from just inside the opposition half, unfortunately it was our defence he split?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 28 Aug 2013 11:39

I guess Peterborough had more than the 7 internationals, that we had, playing last night??

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 11:46

TBM I guess Peterborough had more than the 7 internationals, that we had, playing last night??

Australia, Latvia, Jamaica, and of course two for Wales. Hardly anything to write home about!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 28 Aug 2013 11:52

Hoop Blah
TBM I guess Peterborough had more than the 7 internationals, that we had, playing last night??

Australia, Latvia, Jamaica, and of course two for Wales. Hardly anything to write home about!

No, but players that play against better opposition than those of Peterborough....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Aug 2013 11:58

TBM
Hoop Blah

No, but players that play against better opposition than those of Peterborough....

That's the point though, other than a couple of international games they may or may not even play in, when do they get to play against other teams? They don't. Unless they're under 21.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 11:59

Obviously. We're Championship side recently relegated from the Premier League. They're a League One side, although a good one.

The fact those players play internationally makes no difference to the fact they usually ply their trade at a higher level than the Peterborough players.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 28 Aug 2013 12:00

Royal Lady That's the point though, other than a couple of international games they may or may not even play in, when do they get to play against other teams? They don't. Unless they're under 21.

You're allowed to field 3 outfield players and 1 goalkeeper that are over 21.....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 12:05

Royal Lady That's the point though, other than a couple of international games they may or may not even play in, when do they get to play against other teams? They don't. Unless they're under 21.

The majority of that side last night have played a lot of football at Championship level. They might be a little rusty from a lack of first team football recently, but most of them have played enough games recently to perform a lot closer to their ability than it appears they did last night.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Aug 2013 12:06

PieEater

Which makes the result even funnier. :lol:

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 28 Aug 2013 12:16

Last night was beyond a joke to be honest, and I feel for those that made the effort to get there (I understand the trains were a bit of a nightmare too?). I don't really blame NA to be honest with you. He put out a pretty decent, experienced eleven last night. It is also well known that once those players step onto the pitch then anything can happen. I looked at the League 1 table yesterday afternoon, I saw Saturday's result and thought we would lose, it was going to be close but they would be on too much of a postivity curve for us to hold. What we got instead was 11 w*nk*rs who didn't give two sh*ts about playing last night. No pride, no effort, no interest. Tactics? Who knows? It was such a convuluted mess no one knows what they were meant to do. The bottom line for me, is that whatever your thoughts on Nigel, that 11 last night should have been capable of running Peterborough close if not getting something, the fact that Peterborough used them for arse paper says more about the shite attitude of those players that stepped out on the pitch last night.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Aug 2013 12:22

Hoop Blah but most of them have played enough games recently to perform a lot closer to their ability than it appears they did last night.

But that's the point, isn't it? Many of them haven't played a proper competitive first team match recently.

Obita hasn't played since he came back from Oldham at the end of March, Feds hasn't played since the start of April - neither has Akpan, and Cummings hasn't played a first team game since the Crawley cup tie in January.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 12:36

Yeah I get the point, and there is an element of it, but although the likes of Le Fondre, Gunter, Williams, and Robson-Kanu have no such excuse. The others can hide behind it to a degreee, but not to the extent they can be excused the for the level they seem to have performed to last night.

615 posts