BFTG - Yeovil Town

121 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG - Yeovil Town

by Reading4eva » 31 Aug 2013 18:16

Well in the car anyway...

All in all a poor performance but its 3 points in the bag. Yeovil are a nice little club but disappointed by the lack of alcohol at the ground (did anyone find the cider tent?) surprised there was none due to the number of wasps!

Williams came on half way through the first half and was easily the best player on the pitch. Le Fondre played well too and Royston was a step ahead in class. However he try's to be too clever and not play the simple ball.

Negatives. Blackman is out of his depth in this league though I do rate Ed Upson, there is no substance. Morrison was my biggest concern and he was on more than one occasion turned over. Yeovil could of nicked a draw, and I don't think enough people give them credit. I think they will pull clear of the bottom three.

Overall lots of work to be done, but 3 points in the bag. We move on.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Yeovil Town

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2013 18:24

Just got back missed the game. Was Cummings at LB? How did he do?

And how was mcleary? BBCRB rated him better than kebe last season

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Aug 2013 18:26

Mcleary was subbed at 37minutes :?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Aug 2013 18:29

2 world wars, 1 world cup Just got back missed the game. Was Cummings at LB? How did he do?

And how was mcleary? BBCRB rated him better than kebe last season

Yep and Cummings did ok. He does a job nothing spectaluar.

McCleary is better than Kebe, unfortunately he didn't find anyone able to trouble Yeovil whilst Williams offered more cutting into the middle

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2013 18:41

Huge 3 points to get after a tough week. Not close to fluent, but the application of the players made a mockery of Andrew's thread earlier in the week. Need to win ugly sometimes, it was a tight pitch, came out with a clean sheet and 3 points..don't understand any Reading fan who isn't happy tonight.

McCarthy - Distribution too slow and inaccurate. Couple of decent saves and commanded his box well enough. 7
Gunter - So frustrating. Does something really well and then undoes it all 2 seconds later. 5
Pearce - Solid. Led us over the line towards the end. 7
Morrison - Was in a real battle all game. Lost a few of the skirmishes though and seemed to be exposed at times.6
Cummings - Did his best and was solid enough in defence but offered nothing going forward. We missed Bridge. 6
Karacan - Plenty of effort, not much quality. 6
Guthrie - My MOTM. Put in a huge shift fot the team and was running the midfield on his own at times. 8
McCleary - Did little wrong, but change of shape was needed. 6
Drenthe - Moments of class and moments of crass. Needs someone in the middle to play off and aim for. 6
Blackman - Meh. Didn't think he was awful and does some nice stuff but just doesn't look a threat. 5
ALF - Lots of nice movement and took his goal well. 7

Williams - Made a big difference. Such a powerful runner with the ball and brough more solidity. 7
HRK - Some nice bits, looked fitter today. 6
Akpan - Mopped up nicely towards the end. 6

Adkins - Spot on with the tactitcal shift which showed him to be not afraid of contraversial decisions. Needs to work on the basics though. 7
Fans - Too much tedious negativity around for my liking but we made a decent amount of noise. 7

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 31 Aug 2013 18:44

Reading4eva
McCleary is better than Kebe

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 31 Aug 2013 19:02

He has the potential to be

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 31 Aug 2013 19:04

WestRoyal He has the potential to be

True, although McCleary is 26, so is going to need to improve rapidly in order to become better than Kebe

royalrumble
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by royalrumble » 31 Aug 2013 19:13

Kebe's apprentice

True, although McCleary is 26, so is going to need to improve rapidly in order to become better than Kebe

He has been the better player since March - end of

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 31 Aug 2013 19:18

royalrumble
Kebe's apprentice

He has been the better player since March - end of

When Kebe is on the pitch, he is better than McCleary.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 31 Aug 2013 19:24

Kebe's apprentice

We have seen kebe at his best 2011/2012, we have not seen McCleary. If he has the same season he had for forest before he left but for us Im sure we will be lording him up like most lord up kebe. It doesn't take 3/4 years

That's why football fans are known for being fickle

Would you say Drenthe is better than kebe?
Last edited by WestRoyal on 31 Aug 2013 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Aug 2013 19:27

It's not a case of being happy or unhappy but had that been Nottingham Forest or QPR we would of lost fairly convincingly.

I do think we will have easier games than today believe it or not. Can't see us struggling like that against Millwall, Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday which says a lot for Yeovil

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 31 Aug 2013 19:32

WestRoyal
Kebe's apprentice

We have seen kebe at his best 2011/2012, we have not seen McCleary. If he has the same season he had for forest before he left but for us Im sure we will be lording him up like most lord up kebe. It doesn't take 3/4 years

That's why football fans are known for being fickle

McCleary in 2011/12 scored 9 goals in 22 championship appearances, although 4 were in one game. Whilst that is impressive, he has never had a full season in the first team at this level, so we do not know whether he can perform consistently. If he played 22 games and scored 9 goals for us this season, I still would not compare him to Kebe, or McAnuff for that matter, because them two have shown they can be consistent over a season, rather than go through a good few months

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Aug 2013 19:37

Reading4eva It's not a case of being happy or unhappy but had that been Nottingham Forest or QPR we would of lost fairly convincingly.

I do think we will have easier games than today believe it or not. Can't see us struggling like that against Millwall, Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday which says a lot for Yeovil

Had we been playing Forest or QPR I dare say our performance would've been different, just as it was different against Watford.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 31 Aug 2013 19:39

Reading4eva had that been Nottingham Forest or QPR we would of lost fairly convincingly.

Shittest argument of all time.

...and it's "would have lost".

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 31 Aug 2013 20:12

That's why football fans are known for being fickle[/quote]

McCleary in 2011/12 scored 9 goals in 22 championship appearances, although 4 were in one game. Whilst that is impressive, he has never had a full season in the first team at this level, so we do not know whether he can perform consistently. If he played 22 games and scored 9 goals for us this season, I still would not compare him to Kebe, or McAnuff for that matter, because them two have shown they can be consistent over a season, rather than go through a good few months[/quote]

6 months I think and I'm sure if he can do 6 months he can do 9
Kebe has only performed consistently for one possibly 2 season in his 5-6 years with us
The others he hasn't or he has been injured with some brilliant moments in between, same for mcanuff
Consistently means pretty much on form week in week out not just making the appearance
we have seen the best of Mcanuff and kebe and have had promotion with them. Great memories live long I admit but you need to take of the rose tints
Beside I said he could be as good or better I never said he was

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 31 Aug 2013 20:14

Yeovil really weren't very good and we descended to their level and ground out a win in a tight game. We had a lot of the ball but created few chances, no one really stood out as good or bad, a 5 or 6 out of 10 for them all. We really should be winning convincingly but although we had a lot of the ball we are pretty clueless going forward . Adkins has a lot of work to do.

Still a top day out and the Arrow was a great choice - until the Marston "Ashes" ran out.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2013 20:17

Hi chaps, could we take the McCleary vs Kebe dirge to another thread. It's getting in the way of the point of the thread. You know. The GAME.

Some of us do actually take an interest in reading what the people who went thought.

EDIT: Sorry, not sure why that pissed me off so much. Maybe it's my time of the month.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 31 Aug 2013 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 31 Aug 2013 20:18

Ian Royal Hi chaps, could we take the McCleary vs Kebe dirge to another thread. It's getting in the way of the point of the thread. You know. The GAME.

Some of us do actually take an interest in reading what the people who went thought.

Pleasure

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 31 Aug 2013 20:18

Ian Royal Hi chaps, could we take the McCleary vs Kebe dirge to another thread. It's getting in the way of the point of the thread. You know. The GAME.

My apologies.

Even though it was not a great performance, winning ugly is a good sign and it will be needed in this division. Even if it wasn't a penalty Yeovil deserve it after what happened midweek.

121 posts