The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

361 posts
Eaststandman

Re: The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

by Eaststandman » 29 Dec 2013 20:44

floyd__streete Another slap in the face for the Adkinsistas then. Some of them deserve an actual slap in the face, tbh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 20:45

TheBaldOne
MmmMonsterMunch
P!ssed Off How was it not obvious to Adkins during the Summer transfer window that Pearce is simply not up to passing it out from the back?
He had the chance to replace him already and did he?

How do you know he had the chance?

The funds were there he should have prioritised his signings, instead of signing Drenthe when we already have capable wingers and Williams who adds zero to the team

Yes clearly the funds were there :roll: That's why we are scraping around for 3 month loan deals.

Ok so I'll play along - who would we have in CM now then if we hadn't bought Williams? This should be a good one....

Maybe we shouldn't have wasted money on old crocks that cannot stay fit? Roberts is no doubt on big money & he's not played for 13 months.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2013 21:36

Adkins is beginning to rival Guthrie in the excuses made on his behalf front.

He even said in his interview that he is responsible (fair play to him tbf) yet still we have the usual suspects defending him.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 21:43

sandman Adkins is beginning to rival Guthrie in the excuses made on his behalf front.

He even said in his interview that he is responsible (fair play to him tbf) yet still we have the usual suspects defending him.

I've said myself he must shoulder some of the blame. Doesn't mean I want him gone though. I also do not think there are many viable replacements out there...

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 29 Dec 2013 22:04

floyd__streete Another slap in the face for the Adkinsistas then. Some of them deserve an actual slap in the face, tbh.

Ah bless.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2013 22:16

sandman Adkins is beginning to rival Guthrie in the excuses made on his behalf front.

It was a very honest interview to be fair to him, and as he said, the players just aren't doing what he asks of them. There are clearly things going on that we aren't aware of. He also commented about trying to put out a consistent side but has been unable to "for one reason or another." That's an intriguing comment isn't it?

There were 'rumours' about players not being allowed to play for some time due to bonuses etc.. just makes you wonder what the "one reason or another" is/are..

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Dec 2013 22:34

Surely that just means because of injuries/suspensions?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 22:42

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 22:43

Bet some of you lot foaming at the mouth would love this wouldn't you?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Dec 2013 00:17

Get a grip, he's going nowhere. He'll be here until at least mid-February after he's had the transfer window to try and improve our shauncummings, sorry, shortcomings. After which he'll be rightly judged.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 30 Dec 2013 00:21

Ooooo..so macho.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Dec 2013 00:30

genome shauncummings, sorry, shortcomings
I thought that even Royalee buried that one, years ago.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 30 Dec 2013 04:34

TheBaldOne
MmmMonsterMunch
TheBaldOne What I don't understand about people saying give him a chance to sign his own players, is that he has already had that chance!

He signed Bridge, Williams, Drenthe, and Baird and Sharp on loan.

This signings have not helped with the supposed "passing style" we are meant to be playing. We are not creating any chances! Adkins should have noted we don't have the creativity or the passers at the club to and should have prioritised such signings as needed by the club rather than signing Williams (who in my opinion doesnt add much to the team), Drenthe (when we are already full of young and experienced wingers who know the championship inside-out). Bridge immeditely was a good signing considering we didnt have a left back at the time but fitness issues should have come into consideration when signing him.

There clearly were funds considering the stature of the players brought in, I can only imagine that those four will easily be are four biggest earners bar Pogrebynak, hence in my opinion Adkins has already wasted an opportunity to bring in the correct players for the club, who is to say he won't do it again? Time for him to go and bring in Mackay, Zola, Parkinson or anyone without the talk Adkins spews and far more action than prevails under the current regime.

Mackay spent £50m at Cardiff. This post just shows you lap up a lot of the media spin sorry.

I dont give a f*** about Mackay, I'm interested in our football club. Adkins has already wasted a transfer window in my opinion and did NOT prioritise the right signings , i.e. players that can pass the ball! I'm not saying snap up Mackay, I'm saying most people seem to be taken in by Nigel's talk, which is most likely not going to materialise to good football and more importantly wins.

It's time for Adkins to go and talk up how good some other club "could" be in the future, and a real manager to come in here, who ideally will play good passing football but also know how to win ugly!

Personally, I dont thing Adkins had much to do with our summer signings

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 30 Dec 2013 04:42

SPARTA
P!ssed Off How was it not obvious to Adkins during the Summer transfer window that Pearce is simply not up to passing it out from the back?
He had the chance to replace him already and did he?

Harsh. Most players can be coached to play a different way, and the fans wanted Pearce to stay at the time. Also Adkins was let down when it came to bringing in the players he wanted, so he probably missed out on a few positions. I think it's very unfair to lay it at the managers feet considering everything that's been going on at the club since he came here. He must feel utterly stitched up!

Yeah bur most people wanted the "Welsh man" HRK to sign a new deal .

HRK, your typical modern day fake, not Welsh modern day rugby/football player

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Dec 2013 08:23

AthleticoSpizz

Looks like it's making a secondcummings.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 30 Dec 2013 10:06

Let's get the facts right. Drenthe was an Anton signing. No way would he have been selected by Smiler. Played for a Russian team and that says it all. Promised substantial funds by the owner. None of which materialised. The Madman basically sold to a Russian chancer despite all his bull shit about safe guarding Reading FC. Basically wanted out and his money back ASAP. His due diligence was non- existent.
Smiler stuck with a load of crap signed by McDonut, who failed miserably in the Premier League. Baird & Bridge out medium term injured. McDonut signed Kelly who can't get in the team and was meant to be better than existing players. Three right backs and no left backs supporting Bridge.

If you look at Saints then there are still a lot of Adkin signings still playing despite change of manager. One can only judge Smiler once he has built his own team, which seems unlikely with the pilfering skin flints running Reading FC. Where has all the money gone? That's the real question.

Real Facts Real World. SDR spot on as usual.

scumbag

by scumbag » 30 Dec 2013 10:15

Sir Dodger Royal Let's get the facts right. Drenthe was an Anton signing. No way would he have been selected by Smiler. Played for a Russian team and that says it all. Promised substantial funds by the owner. None of which materialised. The Madman basically sold to a Russian chancer despite all his bull shit about safe guarding Reading FC. Basically wanted out and his money back ASAP. His due diligence was non- existent.
Smiler stuck with a load of crap signed by McDonut, who failed miserably in the Premier League. Baird & Bridge out medium term injured. McDonut signed Kelly who can't get in the team and was meant to be better than existing players. Three right backs and no left backs supporting Bridge.

If you look at Saints then there are still a lot of Adkin signings still playing despite change of manager. One can only judge Smiler once he has built his own team, which seems unlikely with the pilfering skin flints running Reading FC. Where has all the money gone? That's the real question.

Real Facts Real World. SDR spot on as usual.

A post by SDR that's not absolute codswallop! :shock:

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 30 Dec 2013 10:19

Smiler
:)

He's back!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 Dec 2013 13:02

Adkins already distancing himself from wanting to stay in the job with comments about investment needed in January :?:

Erm you do realise that we have an owner with no money looking to sell :?: These things take time, be amazed if due dilligence completed in time for you to sign more fat, unfit or over-the-hill players, Nige :!:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Dec 2013 19:40

sandman
AthleticoSpizz

Looks like it's making a secondcummings.

Geniunely thought I was being original. Fuck.

361 posts