The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

361 posts
Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

by Big Foot » 03 Nov 2013 21:04

windermere_royal
Pepe the Horseman Tbf, people didn't take to Coppell straight away. I remember Palace coming to the Mad Stad and singing his name, while all the Reading fans were wondering what all the fuss was about.

seem to remember three 3-0 drubbings in his first 4 games including at home to bottom club Wimbledon

Not quite his first 4 games - he was appointed in October 2003.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Nov 2013 21:05

From Despair To Where? Rewind 9 years, change Adkins to Coppell and you wouldn't notice the difference on here.

Rewind 4 years to Rodgers and another smug manager, trying to play a 'brand' of football alien to his players, who all look thoroughly uncohesive and struggling for fitness.

Adkins OUT

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Nov 2013 21:24

Big Foot
From Despair To Where? Rewind 9 years, change Adkins to Coppell and you wouldn't notice the difference on here.

Rewind 4 years to Rodgers and another smug manager, trying to play a 'brand' of football alien to his players, who all look thoroughly uncohesive and struggling for fitness.

Adkins OUT

You mean Rodgers that really useless manager who took Swansea up to the Premiership and now plies his trade with a 2nd rate team somewhere in the Premiership? Yep, let's hope Adkins isn't as bad as he is .... and let's hope we get a decent manager finally, but let's make sure Big Idiot approves of him.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Nov 2013 21:30

Royalwaster
Big Foot

Adkins OUT

You mean Rodgers that really useless manager who took Swansea up to the Premiership and now plies his trade with a 2nd rate team somewhere in the Premiership? Yep, let's hope Adkins isn't as bad as he is .... and let's hope we get a decent manager finally, but let's make sure Big Idiot approves of him.

"Big Idiot" I see what you did there.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 03 Nov 2013 21:32

It's like Spacey never left

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Nov 2013 23:56

Royalwaster
Big Foot

Adkins OUT

Great - but he did fukk all here.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 04 Nov 2013 08:20

tbh I think that Forster will get 15 first, as Anton isn't interested in the club anymore. If TSI cared about it at all, Adkins would be long gone.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 04 Nov 2013 10:35

Wow. People are really wanting Adkins out? Really? It's only November. We're 5th.. Not really sure why people want him out.

In my opinion, we've had:

5 poo poo performances: Bolton, Peterboro, Yeovil (despite winning), Milwall and Sheff Wed

6 okay performances: Ipswich, Blackpool, Brighton, Leeds, Barnsley, Burnley

4 games where we played well: Watford, Derby, Birmingham, Doncaster

It's not all bad guys. Chill.
When Royston, Billy and Wayne are fit - we'll be back to winning ways.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 04 Nov 2013 11:25

10 minutes of my life I cannot get back, we are 5th in the table wtf, some people need to re think their what team they follow.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 04 Nov 2013 12:18

I agree that Adkins needs another 2 windows to bring in the right players and think he needs that time, however, will he have the promised funds and will he have the patience with Anton etc?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Nov 2013 18:08

All I'm saying is we've lost the grand total of three out of fourteen games and are sitting comfortably in the top eight. Fifth in fact.

We have some fans who have a pathetic sense of over-entitlement. I almost hope we spend the next three or four seasons knocking around the bottom six and maybe getting relegated again, just so they'll oxf*rd off.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Nov 2013 18:14

Bandini tbh I think that Forster will get 15 first, as Anton isn't interested in the club anymore. If TSI cared about it at all, Adkins would be long gone.

How old are you you immature prick?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Nov 2013 18:17

windermere_royal
Bandini tbh I think that Forster will get 15 first, as Anton isn't interested in the club anymore. If TSI cared about it at all, Adkins would be long gone.

How old are you you immature prick?

+1. I thought school holidays were last week. Right?!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Nov 2013 09:41

Thing is, we'll probably win tomorrow and it'll all be forgotten...

Reading fans are so fickle, case in point was a few weeks ago - we beat Donny 4-1 and everything was positive, we're looking up to the top 2, fans were phoning in to BBC Berks and lauding the team.

Move on 14 days, and it's the end of the world. There was an alarming amount of negativity after the Millwall result as well. If we hadn't had conceded that last minute penalty, people probably would've been rolling out the cliche "yeah, poor performance but champions know how to win when they play poorly".

Granted Sheff. Wed was a shit, unacceptable performance, but I remember a lot of negativity towards Brian at this stage of the season in 2011/12 (we were 14th) and we went on to win the Championship. Not saying that is inevitably going to happen again, but the team has enough about them to make the play offs under Adkins. Don't underestim8 the affect all these injuries have had in disrupting the rhythm of the team.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Nov 2013 09:45

St. Brynjar
windermere_royal
Pepe the Horseman Tbf, people didn't take to Coppell straight away. I remember Palace coming to the Mad Stad and singing his name, while all the Reading fans were wondering what all the fuss was about.

including at home to bottom club Wimbledon

My first Reading game! Was thoroughly shit.

Yep - think a certain McAnuff and Leigertwood were playing for them

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 08 Nov 2013 09:50

NewCorkSeth .. go support Chelsea.

This really is the Godwin's law of HNA.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Nov 2013 09:59

genome Thing is, we'll probably win tomorrow and it'll all be forgotten...

Reading fans are so fickle, case in point was a few weeks ago - we beat Donny 4-1 and everything was positive, we're looking up to the top 2, fans were phoning in to BBC Berks and lauding the team.

Move on 14 days, and it's the end of the world. There was an alarming amount of negativity after the Millwall result as well. If we hadn't had conceded that last minute penalty, people probably would've been rolling out the cliche "yeah, poor performance but champions know how to win when they play poorly".

Granted Sheff. Wed was a shit, unacceptable performance, but I remember a lot of negativity towards Brian at this stage of the season in 2011/12 (we were 14th) and we went on to win the Championship. Not saying that is inevitably going to happen again, but the team has enough about them to make the play offs under Adkins. Don't underestim8 the affect all these injuries have had in disrupting the rhythm of the team.

If we lose by more than 3 goals tomorrow, Adkins should do the decent thing and walk.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Nov 2013 10:57

If we stay in the mix up to New year I would back us to go all the way providing we acquire a few players.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 08 Nov 2013 16:59

loyalroyal4life I would back us to go all the way

Until the end of the season???

Do you not feel there is legitimate chance we could fold before then if Anton really does turn out to be a big fake with no cash (of his own which he can utilize)

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 08 Nov 2013 19:12

Cureton's Volley
loyalroyal4life I would back us to go all the way

Until the end of the season???

Do you not feel there is legitimate chance we could fold before then if Anton really does turn out to be a big fake with no cash (of his own which he can utilize)

The budget should be set and guaranteed for the season. If it is not, then we are no longer a well-run club.

361 posts