BFTG Bournemouth - sponsored by no midfield

216 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Bournemouth - sponsored by no midfield

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:09

Well that was abject. Decent possession & lots of corners in the first 30 mins but we didn't make it count.

Cannot for the life of me get why Pog was not the 1st name on the team sheet today.

Guthrie - very poor & directly responsible for both goals today as well as now being suspended for the next game. HRK - Poor

Obita ok but stood off Ritchie completely for the 2nd goal.

What I find really odd is that we're not defending that badly & for the most part they don't look too bad.

Not really sure what to say. Something just isn't clicking & I can't put my finger on why. I also thought yet again we were far too narrow today. Gunter must have been under instruction not to bomb forward as I lost count of how many times he had the chance to run against his man & then ended up playing a pass back to Pearce.

Williams - not at the races today either.

What the hell is going on?

Only entertainment was Drenthe - lets hope we can get him into a game for an hour or so soon.

Sharp, Gunter & Cummings did ok today I guess.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 07 Dec 2013 19:11

5 PARKINSONs!!!!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 07 Dec 2013 19:11

where did my post vanish too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this site is the pits

awful, no passion, no fight

McCarthy should have done better with both goals - sure defence didn't help but they weren't the best shots

adkins is clueless

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 07 Dec 2013 19:13

MmmMonsterMunch Well that was abject. Decent possession & lots of corners in the first 30 mins but we didn't make it count.

Cannot for the life of me get why Pog was not the 1st name on the team sheet today.

Guthrie - very poor & directly responsible for both goals today as well as now being suspended for the next game. HRK - Poor

Obita ok but stood off Ritchie completely for the 2nd goal.

What I find really odd is that we're not defending that badly & for the most part they don't look too bad.

Not really sure what to say. Something just isn't clicking & I can't put my finger on why. I also thought yet again we were far too narrow today. Gunter must have been under instruction not to bomb forward as I lost count of how many times he had the chance to run against his man & then ended up playing a pass back to Pearce.

Williams - not at the races today either.

What the hell is going on?

Only entertainment was Drenthe - lets hope we can get him into a game for an hour or so soon.

Sharp, Gunter & Cummings did ok today I guess.

whats going on? players have been instructed by the manager to not bomb forward - pog not playing - I blame the hopeless manager and his inept tactics - its not working and he hasn't learnt from previous games like Charlton - get rid of this clown and get someone else in, maybe McDermott

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:18

Still think we should stick by him though. No better options out there & we won't be relegated.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 07 Dec 2013 19:20

All in all these reports give a pretty dismal account of our efforts today, lack lustre, no urgency, lack of effot etc.........all pretty synonymous with situations at clubs where there is a lot of behind the scenes disruption and uncertainty. As was said on this thread earlier TSI or AZ have to come out and say what the hell is going on, I guess that Anton was not in attendance again today ?

Adkins can only work with the players he is permitted, or finance permits, that he can bring in, I don't think that many on this site saw too much hope of bouncing back to the prem at the first attempt we were hopelessly outclassed last season and the squad is generally the same one. This has been going on long enough now, so do we get a statement from the above mentioned TSI or do we draw our own conclusions when the amount of activity, or more likely lack of it is concluded on Jan 31st ?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:24

howser All in all these reports give a pretty dismal account of our efforts today, lack lustre, no urgency, lack of effot etc.........all pretty synonymous with situations at clubs where there is a lot of behind the scenes disruption and uncertainty. As was said on this thread earlier TSI or AZ have to come out and say what the hell is going on, I guess that Anton was not in attendance again today ?

Adkins can only work with the players he is permitted, or finance permits, that he can bring in, I don't think that many on this site saw too much hope of bouncing back to the prem at the first attempt we were hopelessly outclassed last season and the squad is generally the same one. This has been going on long enough now, so do we get a statement from the above mentioned TSI or do we draw our own conclusions when the amount of activity, or more likely lack of it is concluded on Jan 31st ?

How is this anything to do with TSI? Even if all was rosy & Anton had promised Adkins a warchest of £10m in Jan, we should be competing better than we are with the players we have. Our record against the 'lesser' teams this season is bloody awful.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 Dec 2013 19:32

Complete utter dogsh*te, the sooner we're in a reliastic mid table position the better as people still harbour fantasies about promotion.....utterly disalusioned by this pile of crap

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 07 Dec 2013 19:38

Exactly. You can't blame money, or lack of, for performances like that, Sheff Weds & P'Boro. Entertaining football? 100 goals? :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Dec 2013 19:41

MmmMonsterMunch
howser All in all these reports give a pretty dismal account of our efforts today, lack lustre, no urgency, lack of effot etc.........all pretty synonymous with situations at clubs where there is a lot of behind the scenes disruption and uncertainty. As was said on this thread earlier TSI or AZ have to come out and say what the hell is going on, I guess that Anton was not in attendance again today ?

How is this anything to do with TSI? Even if all was rosy & Anton had promised Adkins a warchest of £10m in Jan, we should be competing better than we are with the players we have. Our record against the 'lesser' teams this season is bloody awful.

I imagine the players have more of a clue of what is going on behind the scenes and it is unsettling for them. Probably none of them know if they will be here by the end of January. It's obvious something is going on and the players are unsettled - add to that some are in the team one week and then not the next and it's no wonder they don't gel together as a team.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:44

I don't agree RL. There won't be huge changes in Jan either way unless silly offers come in.

And no one actually knows for sure what is going on anyway - it's pure speculation. There are behind the scenes issues in every single football club - the coaching & playing staff must be used to it as it's part & parcel of the games these days.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Dec 2013 19:46

But Adkins just sat on his seat for most of the game - no shouting orders, no waving his arms - he left that to the coach. He appears to have lost interest to me....

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 07 Dec 2013 19:49

Wrong team and formation.

We should play 4-4-2 and not change because the opposition play 5 in midfield. I dont remember coppell changing formation for anyone. Dropping pog was criminal. Especially replacing the shite robson kanu.

We are good when we play quickly. Everyone knows it including the manager, yet we still look lethargic.

Bring back the tenacity spirit flair and multi ball days

Same shit every week, getting boring now

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:50

Royal Lady But Adkins just sat on his seat for most of the game - no shouting orders, no waving his arms - he left that to the coach. He appears to have lost interest to me....

He may well have done but he'll struggle to get a better job than us I would imagine. Lets face it, aside from the post match hissing we all do on here, we have been a top 25 club for almost a decade & are a decent pull for most managers outside of the Prem.

It's all a bit poo though I agree. Wasn't at all surprised about the result - knew we'd lose today. It's been coming!

I do think the constant tinkering of the starting 11 is hindering our progress though absolutely & you can't blame TSI / Anton for that.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Dec 2013 19:55

Really poor - and Guthrie was at the heart of it all. Enough said. I expect to be shot down in flames, but I think Guthrie is the problem with the team. Plays too deep, plays his team mates into problem positions, can't tackle but worst of all, kills all attacking momentum by constantly going sideways or backwards. In this league teams find it easy to defend if they are all facing the opposition. You need to get them turned. But our slow passing approach just allows teams to get numbers behind the ball and we then don't have a play maker to break teams down. Possession is good, if you do something with it. Will be interesting to see what happens next week as he's suspended I think now. for a game.

Our inability to even get any benefit from a throw in just about sums it all up for me.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Dec 2013 19:57

Ok to get irritated by his interviews but it doesn't make a lot of sense to blame Adkins and lose all patience full stop.

He has been successful almost every season before he came here, exceeding expectations time after time. What is different at Reading?

Obviously given time, Rodgers would have got it right here, same applies to Adkins. Probably.

Have patience. Supporting a football team is all about rough and smooth, good and bad. Too many people have got too used to the good times and throw toys all over the place when the going gets tough. Look at Man Utd right now. Their supporters have no real appreciation of the last 25 years, it was just their right - and now things are difficult for the 1st time in donkeys' years they are shouting and screaming like a bunch of spoiled twats.

Accept it was crap, look at the manager's record and have a bit of faith. It doesn't always click in Season 1. But his record suggests he is worth sticking with.

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 07 Dec 2013 20:01

Royal Rother Ok to get irritated by his interviews but it doesn't make a lot of sense to blame Adkins and lose all patience full stop.

He has been successful almost every season before he came here, exceeding expectations time after time. What is different at Reading?

Obviously given time, Rodgers would have got it right here, same applies to Adkins. Probably.

Have patience. Supporting a football team is all about rough and smooth, good and bad. Too many people have got too used to the good times and throw toys all over the place when the going gets tough. Look at Man Utd right now. Their supporters have no real appreciation of the last 25 years, it was just their right - and now things are difficult for the 1st time in donkeys' years they are shouting and screaming like a bunch of spoiled twats.

Accept it was crap, look at the manager's record and have a bit of faith. It doesn't always click in Season 1. But his record suggests he is worth sticking with.

Absolute top post.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Dec 2013 20:03

Basingstoke Royal Wrong team and formation.

We should play 4-4-2 and not change because the opposition play 5 in midfield. I dont remember coppell changing formation for anyone. Dropping pog was criminal. Especially replacing the shite robson kanu.

We are good when we play quickly.

Totally agree. If opposition play 4-5-1 and swamp the midfield, then the full backs need to play as auxiliary midfielders as leave the centre backs to deal with one up front between them. We've really been missing Bridge, as he has been excellent at pushing forward and keeping their wide midfielders occupied

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 07 Dec 2013 20:05

Royal Lady But Adkins just sat on his seat for most of the game - no shouting orders, no waving his arms - he left that to the coach. He appears to have lost interest to me....

For this reason alone I would have Brian back in a heartbeat. If not him then, give the job to someone who gives a shit. Parky, Coppell, Bryn?

I don't care about style, I just want a team who give an effort we can be proud of.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 20:08

Royal Rother Ok to get irritated by his interviews but it doesn't make a lot of sense to blame Adkins and lose all patience full stop.

I agree & not advocating getting rid but I do think we can be more entertaining than we have been. What ever we might say about McD, you always got 100% effort from the players. I'm not quite sure we're getting that now. Players are losing confidence because they don't know if they're in the team from one match to the next & I think this is reflected in their performances.

216 posts