BFTG Bournemouth - sponsored by no midfield

216 posts
royal_ross

Re: BFTG Bournemouth - sponsored by no midfield

by royal_ross » 07 Dec 2013 20:11

Cureton's Volley
Royal Lady But Adkins just sat on his seat for most of the game - no shouting orders, no waving his arms - he left that to the coach. He appears to have lost interest to me....

For this reason alone I would have Brian back in a heartbeat. If not him then, give the job to someone who gives a shit. Parky, Coppell, Bryn?

I don't care about style, I just want a team who give an effort we can be proud of.

There's no chance he'll come back after what happened. Imagine how embarrassing it would be for AZ after how he tried to lay all the blame on Brian.

Give Adkins time, same problem that Rodgers had.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Dec 2013 20:13

I always think back to Coppell's team that won the Championship - the likes of Murty and Little knew each other's game perfectly - that's what we miss these days. Even McD's teams all seemed to know each other's game play/weaknesses - they just played as one and it was obvious they all got on. As I said earlier, you just can't get that team spirit when the team is constantly changed and with no real reason for it. We always kept fighting until the final whistle, but we just don't have that these days and when the manager comes out and says he thought we played well first half - it's just farcical. Like Rodgers not seeing that we were playing poorly, Adkins seems to be going the same way. At least Brian would be down after a game and explain where we went wrong.

EDIT: Royal Ross - AZ wouldn't care if McD came back - he won't be around to care!

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 07 Dec 2013 20:15

winchester_royal Very poor. Dull football with no penetration or impetus. Plenty of decent possession in the first half but we did nothing with it, we weren't getting balls behind the defence and wingers couldn't beat their man for love nor money. It seems to be one step forwards two steps back with us atm.

Drenthe was lively and skillful when he came on - the only positive to come out of today.

Considering your unwavering support of all things Adkins, prior to today's offering, I am now completely convinced that we are "doomed" Captain Mainwaring! :wink:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Dec 2013 20:19

since Pardew was in charge (and with the notable exception of the Rodgers period), all our managers have set the team up in a certain way. If players were injured or suspended, then they came and slotted into a system they all understood and knew their roles in the team. With Adkins, he changes the formation three or four times even within a game. No wonder the players lack confidence - they don't know what they need to do from one half to the next.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 07 Dec 2013 20:20

Royal Lady I always think back to Coppell's team that won the Championship - the likes of Murty and Little knew each other's game perfectly - that's what we miss these days. Even McD's teams all seemed to know each other's game play/weaknesses - they just played as one and it was obvious they all got on. As I said earlier, you just can't get that team spirit when the team is constantly changed and with no real reason for it. We always kept fighting until the final whistle, but we just don't have that these days and when the manager comes out and says he thought we played well first half - it's just farcical. Like Rodgers not seeing that we were playing poorly, Adkins seems to be going the same way. At least Brian would be down after a game and explain where we went wrong.

EDIT: Royal Ross - AZ wouldn't care if McD came back - he won't be around to care!

Very well put indeed. Honesty and integrity >> tunnel vision and spin

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 07 Dec 2013 20:21

I can't wait for the petition to get McDeremott back.....................

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 07 Dec 2013 20:23

Dirkers has given his thoughts to the general lack of tactical consistency from Adkins.

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... king-nigel

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 20:23

howser I can't wait for the petition to get McDeremott back.....................

Would rather Holloway TBH. At least it would be a giggle.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Dec 2013 20:24

My fucccccking Internet isn't working so can't type what I want

What I can type is ...

I'm bitterly disappointed and actually angry. I'm just so fed up of it. What an absolutely disgusting performance. I do t kind losing if it's a good battle or a decent fight. However Bournemouth offered little but RFC were frankly pathetic.

I'm so angry. And now my Internet is broken. I hate you all you cuuuunts

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Dec 2013 20:25

howser I can't wait for the petition to get McDeremott back.....................

We should be so lucky. He's better off without us - Fickle, disloyal fans that can't give him and Coppell credit, tw@t owner, no atmosphere in the stadium.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 07 Dec 2013 20:26

We'll that was dire. Comfortably in control (but creating nothing) for 30 minutes. Then concede a goal and all semblance of football and teamwork, passion and effort, evaporates until the last few minutes when ALF performs his usual (and why leave his introduction so late, with his record, and us so bereft of other ideas?)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Dec 2013 20:26

3points With Adkins, he changes the formation three or four times even within a game. No wonder the players lack confidence - they don't know what they need to do from one half to the next.

Do you think he's doing things differently now to when he was at Scunthorpe and Southampton?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Dec 2013 20:31

MmmMonsterMunch
Royal Rother Ok to get irritated by his interviews but it doesn't make a lot of sense to blame Adkins and lose all patience full stop.

He has been successful almost every season before he came here, exceeding expectations time after time. What is different at Reading?

Obviously given time, Rodgers would have got it right here, same applies to Adkins. Probably.

Have patience. Supporting a football team is all about rough and smooth, good and bad. Too many people have got too used to the good times and throw toys all over the place when the going gets tough. Look at Man Utd right now. Their supporters have no real appreciation of the last 25 years, it was just their right - and now things are difficult for the 1st time in donkeys' years they are shouting and screaming like a bunch of spoiled twats.

Accept it was crap, look at the manager's record and have a bit of faith. It doesn't always click in Season 1. But his record suggests he is worth sticking with.

I agree & not advocating getting rid but I do think we can be more entertaining than we have been. What ever we might say about McD, you always got 100% effort from the player. I'm not quite sure we're getting that now. Players are losing confidence because they don't know if they're in the team from one match to the next & I think this is reflected in their performances.

Bollocks about the payers giving 100% under McDermott...Guthrie, Shorey, Roberts, Federici, Pogs to name but a few didn't give 100% effort....

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Dec 2013 20:33

3points Really poor - and Guthrie was at the heart of it all. Enough said. I expect to be shot down in flames, but I think Guthrie is the problem with the team. Plays too deep, plays his team mates into problem positions, can't tackle but worst of all, kills all attacking momentum by constantly going sideways or backwards. In this league teams find it easy to defend if they are all facing the opposition. You need to get them turned. But our slow passing approach just allows teams to get numbers behind the ball and we then don't have a play maker to break teams down. Possession is good, if you do something with it. Will be interesting to see what happens next week as he's suspended I think now. for a game.

Our inability to even get any benefit from a throw in just about sums it all up for me.

Utterly wrong.

You're advocating two flat banks of four. Exactly the sort of football that will get us relegated, nevermind playoffs. It's only a slow passing approach because every time our playmaker gets the ball, he looks at two static wingers, a midfield partner picking his nose, and two strikers waiting for a hoof upfield. Drenthe spent more time in 20 minutes playing in the channels and between attack and midfield, than the rest of the attacking 6 did in the whole game.

When Guthrie has options he always gets rid of it very quickly. If he has no-one to pass to, what do you expect him to do with it?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Dec 2013 20:34

Guthrie gave 100% - I could see first time he played that he was something special for us - but then he had the fall-out with McD and rarely played. :|

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 20:36

AirRaidSiren
MmmMonsterMunch
Royal Rother Ok to get irritated by his interviews but it doesn't make a lot of sense to blame Adkins and lose all patience full stop.

He has been successful almost every season before he came here, exceeding expectations time after time. What is different at Reading?

Obviously given time, Rodgers would have got it right here, same applies to Adkins. Probably.

Have patience. Supporting a football team is all about rough and smooth, good and bad. Too many people have got too used to the good times and throw toys all over the place when the going gets tough. Look at Man Utd right now. Their supporters have no real appreciation of the last 25 years, it was just their right - and now things are difficult for the 1st time in donkeys' years they are shouting and screaming like a bunch of spoiled twats.

Accept it was crap, look at the manager's record and have a bit of faith. It doesn't always click in Season 1. But his record suggests he is worth sticking with.

I agree & not advocating getting rid but I do think we can be more entertaining than we have been. What ever we might say about McD, you always got 100% effort from the player. I'm not quite sure we're getting that now. Players are losing confidence because they don't know if they're in the team from one match to the next & I think this is reflected in their performances.

Bollocks about the payers giving 100% under McDermott...Guthrie, Shorey, Roberts, Federici, Pogs to name but a few didn't give 100% effort....

For the most part they absolutely did if you consider his entire tenure. It only went tits up once we went up. Even then, we started relatively brightly & didn't quite catch the breaks. I'll agree though that the 2nd part of the season wasn't great but they were all mentally shot to fcuk by then.

FTR - I'm not pro/anti NA or McD just calling it as I see it. I don't think the players are fully committed to the new regime / style of play / whatever you call it.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 07 Dec 2013 20:41

3points Really poor - and Guthrie was at the heart of it all. Enough said. I expect to be shot down in flames, but I think Guthrie is the problem with the team. Plays too deep, plays his team mates into problem positions, can't tackle but worst of all, kills all attacking momentum by constantly going sideways or backwards.

You won't be shot down in flames by me. To be fair, we need Guthrie playing at the moment because Karacan and Leigertwood are injured; but I would rather have them in the team as a pair than Guthrie and Baird, or Guthrie and Uncle Tom Cobley.

If I remember rightly, the issue between McDermott and Guthrie last season was that MsDermott did not want Guthrie doing his drop-back-and-collect thing, and so Guthrie was confused not to be allowed to play his own game. Maybe McDermott was right. I would rather see Guthrie pushed up, with a tight defensive midfield behind him. Also with a decent haircut.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Dec 2013 20:42

holsgrove breaks a leg Blimey nige you cant resist a good tinkering of the squad can you, its all getting a bit brendan rodgers except we apparently have the talent this time round. The performances and cohesion is so overwhelmingly individual its embarrassing. Granted we have had injuries but a combination of nigels plate spinning and poor individual errors serves to remind us that a playoff place even in the championship where you can get away with it is hardly warranted. Id actuall love our posession football to pay dividends but when you have a prima donna in the middle of the park called guthrie its hard to see it through. Just how many bad passes from him are we going to apologise for, his offensive passing is way overarated. Obita bides his time and then gets shoved in thed in the middle to knock any confidence he had grown, mccleary who I rate turns into kebe early 2008 and gunter gets the run around the entire game. Not to mention hal ' i can play as a striker' kanu- well it turns out you cant. Cummings battled valiantly, pog and sharp did there level best with balls from midfield twatted to them at neck level whilst alfie grabs another goal from the bench as a reminder to adkins probably not to pick him. At the other end pearce and gorkks are the few to put up a fight but are cruelly exposed for their lack of pace. Drethes cameo was encouraging but as aluded to before the focus on individual performances is fractured as are the tactics and the general belive and enjoyment of the fans.

Yeah.

There's a button on the keyboard to the right of all the letters that's a bit bigger than the others and has "return" written on it or "enter" or an arrow.

I'd rather comment on that because I agree with what you write and that annoys me as its depressing we were so bad.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Dec 2013 20:46

MmmMonsterMunch
AirRaidSiren Bollocks about the payers giving 100% under McDermott...Guthrie, Shorey, Roberts, Federici, Pogs to name but a few didn't give 100% effort....

For the most part they absolutely did if you consider his entire tenure. It only went tits up once we went up. Even then, we started relatively brightly & didn't quite catch the breaks. I'll agree though that the 2nd part of the season wasn't great but they were all mentally shot to fcuk by then.

FTR - I'm not pro/anti NA or McD just calling it as I see it. I don't think the players are fully committed to the new regime / style of play / whatever you call it.

Er...No. For the most part? Shorey never did. There was a behind-the-scene 'fall out' with Guthrie. Just two examples that not ALL players gave 100%, did HRK? No. Pogrebnyak??? Really?? No.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 20:50

AirRaidSiren
MmmMonsterMunch
AirRaidSiren Bollocks about the payers giving 100% under McDermott...Guthrie, Shorey, Roberts, Federici, Pogs to name but a few didn't give 100% effort....

Er...No. For the most part? Shorey never did. There was a behind-the-scene 'fall out' with Guthrie. Just two examples that not ALL players gave 100%, did HRK? No. Pogrebnyak??? Really?? No.

Shorey, Pog & Guthrie were only signed for the PL season so you're wrong I'm afraid.

216 posts