Leicester Match Thread - Sponsored by Coppell's coat

162 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: Leicester Match Thread - Sponsored by Coppell's coat

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Dec 2013 17:41

Would be interested to know just many shots at goal we've had in the last 5 games. I'd be surprised if its double figures

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Dec 2013 17:47

MmmMonsterMunch 2013 did massively suck bar the Newcastle win, WBA win and Chelsea draw. Here's to better times hopefully!

+ 45 minutes against Watford.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 26 Dec 2013 17:47

John Madejski's Wallet Would be interested to know just many shots at goal we've had in the last 5 games. I'd be surprised if its double figures

Leicester 1
Wigan 4
Huddersfield 4
AFC Bournemouth 2
Charlton 8 (eight)

Taken form Sporting Life website. I agree very hard to agree with these figures, but that's what they say!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 26 Dec 2013 17:47

Cheers Adkins. Your effect has been massive. You have managed to make a fan of 50 years to not to want to watch anymore. Boring team, awful tactics, no excitement and turned a team which were favourites to get automatic promotion into mid table has beens. Really impressive. When the commentators believe our only hope is a power cut less than half way thru first half it says it all! I dread to listen to the after match positivity

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Dec 2013 17:48

strap
John Madejski's Wallet Would be interested to know just many shots at goal we've had in the last 5 games. I'd be surprised if its double figures

Leicester 1
Wigan 4
Huddersfield 4
AFC Bournemouth 2
Charlton 8 (eight)

Taken form Sporting Life website. I agree very hard to agree with these figures, but that's what they say!

19 shots at goal in 5 games ....... just LOL :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Dec 2013 17:56

I still have faith in Adkins. This season or next will lead to promotion

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Dec 2013 17:57

bobby1413 I still have faith in Adkins. This season or next will lead to promotion

Well I for one am certainly hoping for promotion out of League One next season

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 26 Dec 2013 17:59

bobby 1413 wrote: I still have faith in Adkins. This season or next will lead to promotion

Have another Xmas drink!!

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 26 Dec 2013 18:03

CountryRoyal Makes McD look like a tactical genius.

As well as being a better motivator, coach, man manager, idol to the fans, a thoroughly decent chap, Man Of The Year 2012, The face of Head & Shoulders ???????

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 26 Dec 2013 18:06

As much as it pains me to say it, it really isn't fun to come and watch us at the moment. Can't understand why it isn't working, when it's worked at his previous clubs. As another manager who has struggled to make possession football work at Reading, I'm beginning to think we're cursed only to use long ball football.

It seems we're damned whatever we do: go defensive with four defenders and two defensive midfielders and still concede goals or go attacking with wingers cutting inside and having two strikers, two wingers and an attacking midfielder and still not score enough.

Never thought I'd miss BMD's direct approach, but we sure did score a ton of goals. It's just starting to get a bit depressing as it seems like we're getting outplayed week after week.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Dec 2013 18:08

The Real Sandhurst Royal
bobby 1413 wrote: I still have faith in Adkins. This season or next will lead to promotion

Have another Xmas drink!!

Think he's had enough already.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Dec 2013 18:14

paddy20 Cheers Adkins. Your effect has been massive. You have managed to make a fan of 50 years to not to want to watch anymore. Boring team, awful tactics, no excitement and turned a team which were favourites to get automatic promotion into mid table has beens. Really impressive. When the commentators believe our only hope is a power cut less than half way thru first half it says it all! I dread to listen to the after match positivity

Not the worst team in those 50 years I would imagine, but probably the least inspiring?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 26 Dec 2013 18:25

rob the royal
paddy20 Cheers Adkins. Your effect has been massive. You have managed to make a fan of 50 years to not to want to watch anymore. Boring team, awful tactics, no excitement and turned a team which were favourites to get automatic promotion into mid table has beens. Really impressive. When the commentators believe our only hope is a power cut less than half way thru first half it says it all! I dread to listen to the after match positivity

Not the worst team in those 50 years I would imagine, but probably the least inspiring?

Spot on Rob.In fact I don't think we have a bad team. Unlike most seasons when we are clamouring for new players not many seem to be asking for that. I guess if I look back I can remember coming home and saying I'm never going again on a lot of occasions. Ah well it can only get better ( can't it?)

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Dec 2013 18:33

paddy20
rob the royal

Spot on Rob.In fact I don't think we have a bad team. Unlike most seasons when we are clamouring for new players not many seem to be asking for that. I guess if I look back I can remember coming home and saying I'm never going again on a lot of occasions. Ah well it can only get better ( can't it?)

I hope so, the only consolation is that we have some decent players out, like Bridge and Baird and they are players Adkins has brought in...

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 26 Dec 2013 18:40

John Madejski's Wallet
strap

Leicester 1
Wigan 4
Huddersfield 4
AFC Bournemouth 2
Charlton 8 (eight)

19 shots at goal in 5 games ....... just LOL :lol:

That's on target shots, we had 21 on Saturday

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Dec 2013 18:47

windermere_royal That's on target shots, we had 21 on Saturday

Shots on target are the only ones that matter. Who gives a flying oxf*rd if we have 100 shots if they're 50 yards high and wide.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Dec 2013 18:47

Goodbye.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Dec 2013 18:50

paultheroyal

Goodbye.

Agree in parts with Paddy's post but I would say that I've never felt so detached from the manager, his match day tactics, the team and players and the club. This comes after 30 odd years as a supporter. I'm losing interest in the club I love and that's not a good thing. Will additional new January signings make me feel any different, I don't think so? Personally I think we have the wrong man at the wrong club employed to do a job by a now absent owner. Adkins is the legacy of Anton's vision of making this club more attractive to a buyer .. Like most things Anton, your vision hasn't worked out well for all concerned.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 26 Dec 2013 19:07

Totally agree, been a fan now for 30 years and losing interest rapidly, as nearly every game is boringgggg, outplayed, minimal shots and the same Atkins drivel spouted afterwards

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Dec 2013 19:10

andrew1957 I have nothing against Blackman but how on earth can he be playing whilst McCleary - who to me has been one of the best players of the season - sits on the bench!

Adkins team selections and substitutions are baffling.

To be fair it sounds like McCleary was ill according to BBCRB - but why put him on the bench in that case?

I am beginning to think that Adkins is just the unluckiest manager in football history. We seem to have constant injuries, bizarre illnesses, give away penalties, miss penalties, the owner disappears. The list is endless.

And in the end he will be sacked – just like Rodgers – only to be a great success at his next club. We are doomed to play the Reading way. The football gods will never allow us to play a passing style.

162 posts