Boro Match Thread

403 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Boro Match Thread

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2013 16:57

SHORT AND CURLY
genome At the risk of sounding like floyd_streete, just feeling a bit indifferent to today's result.

Not pissed off, not calling for Adkins' head, but not overly positive we will turn it all round either.

I still think we should stick with Nigel, though. Our last kneejerk decision got us nowhere and when we hired him it sounded like the board were prepared for a transitional period. Although why they would do that when Madejski made it clear than promotion is pretty important this season, I don't really know.

WTF does Adkins offer
We have gone backwards since he arrived.

I have seen sod all that makes me think he knows what he is doing!

Why is it Adkins who's taking the blame when the whole club is in a mess? It's clearly worked its way down to the team. Adkins himself said last week that "we're doing the best we can to keep going"..

This is more than the managers fault. The club is in a state right now!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Dec 2013 16:57

SHORT and CURLY wrote: WTF does Adkins offer

Well said that man.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2013 16:57

Barry the bird boggler We are saved, Blackman is on

#hattrickhero

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 16:57

genome At the risk of sounding like floyd_streete, just feeling a bit indifferent to today's result.

Not pissed off, not calling for Adkins' head, but not overly positive we will turn it all round either.

I still think we should stick with Nigel, though. Our last kneejerk decision got us nowhere and when we hired him it sounded like the board were prepared for a transitional period. Although why they would do that when Madejski made it clear than promotion is pretty important this season, I don't really know.

If you could get someone decent in then fair enough but I can't see who we could attract that would be good for us long term... as I've said elsewhere I am losing confidence that Adkins will do better next year with new players, having said that he's brought in some decent players like Drenthe, Bridge and Baird and with them we are a better side.

I don't mind the idea of a transitional period but it would be nice to see some evidence of progress during that period. We seem to be regressing.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 16:58

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Oilroyal
They don't want to play for Adkins .. Those who still think Adkins is the future please tell me which game you enjoyed watching the most under Adkins? Time to wake up, this man did well at Southampton with the team Pards left him and now he's been found out. This is crap

THEY don't want to play for Adkins eh?

THEY being, our decent striker, our attacking midfielder, our left back, our central defender, all who exist and who just don't want to play for Adkins?

Oh hang on. They DON'T EXIST

Much like the grey matter of some of our f**king moronic total idiots of fans who think we have a perfectly healthy squad.

F**king hell.

I do agree. This squad is paper thin. Huge investment needed to produce a push for promotion - Adkins or no Adkins.

Seriously WTF? Our back 4 for the next game will be Cummings LB, Gunter CB, Pearce CB, Kelly RB. Just dreadful. No wonder that we cannot stop conceding. The CM's do not gel whatsoever. IT's a big steaming pile of sh1t & quite hard to point the finger at Adkins. Even Brian the 'messiah' would struggle to be any higher that we currently sit.

And do not underestimate how much we miss Kebe. He was one of the only game changers we had. Brian had MUCH better players at his disposal. FACT.
Last edited by MmmMonsterMunch on 29 Dec 2013 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Dec 2013 16:58

I don't know whose fault it is (Adkins, players, ownership issues) but the fact is that we have not played well for ONE entire game yet this season. We have looked ok for an odd half here and there but in general the team lack organisation, passion and desire. All things that Brian's teams had in abundance. And we have a very good squad at this level but well short of PL standard - hence why we got relegated last season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 16:58

Dellor had a mare.

Yes timmy tim tim tim, blackman has scored a goal from open play. Admittedly it was sh!t but still.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 29 Dec 2013 16:58

Blackman replaces Sharp ROLF :shock:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2013 16:58

2 world wars, 1 world cup
leon
ScottishRoyal The most frustrating thing for me is that we DO have a squad that is capable of play-offs and promotion this season. Other than QPR how many of the squads above us would you rather have? The problem is with the way we are playing and the form of the players, not the personnel.

the majority of the Adkins fan club were tipping us for top 2 at the start of the season with exactly this squad. Now it's the squad's fault, apparently.

Having no LB cover or CB cover and no AM or decent striker cover is a perfectly healthy squad.

Apparently.

FFS, what's the average IQ on HNA?

....and whose fault is that?

(Higher than yours, cleary)

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 29 Dec 2013 16:59

Rofl@ Dellor implying that Adkins ought to put the fans' favourite players on just to please them.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2013 16:59

rob the royal

If you could get someone decent in then fair enough but I can't see who we could attract that would be good for us long term... as I've said elsewhere I am losing confidence that Adkins will do better next year with new players, having said that he's brought in some decent players like Drenthe, Bridge and Baird and with them we are a better side.

I don't mind the idea of a transitional period but it would be nice to see some evidence of progress during that period. We seem to be regressing.

To go forwards sometimes you must go backwards, wax on wax off, and other fortune cookie sh*t.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 16:59

leon
Platypuss
leon the majority of the Adkins fan club were tipping us for top 2 at the start of the season with exactly this squad. Now it's the squad's fault, apparently.

Bollocks.

there was even a thread entitled something like "Are we being overconfident?" and the general consensus was "no"

Link or GTFO

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 29 Dec 2013 16:59

oh shite.....Blackman,who has scored one more goal for Reading than me :)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2013 16:59

Baird maybe available on Wednesday, been training recently apparently.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2013 17:00

SHORT AND CURLY

WTF does Adkins offer

In which case we are merely continuing in the direction that McDermott had us heading by the time he was sacked. Talking of players looking like they didn't want to play for a manager - have people forgotten the games against our relegation rivals just before McDermott was removed?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 17:00

surrounded by saints oh shite.....Blackman,who has scored one more goal for Reading than me :)

When have you scored for reading?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2013 17:00

surrounded by saints oh shite.....Blackman,who has scored one more goal for Reading than me :)

When did you score one?

i_kingsley

by i_kingsley » 29 Dec 2013 17:00

WHAT HAS LE FONDRE DONE TO NOT GET SUBBED ON OVER BLACKMAN ??????

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 29 Dec 2013 17:01

Platypuss
leon
Platypuss
Bollocks.

there was even a thread entitled something like "Are we being overconfident?" and the general consensus was "no"

Link or GTFO

Pretty good reading tbf.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119725&hilit=overconfident

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2013 17:01

SPARTA
SHORT AND CURLY

WTF does Adkins offer

Why is it Adkins who's taking the blame when the whole club is in a mess? It's clearly worked its way down to the team. Adkins himself said last week that "we're doing the best we can to keep going"..

This is more than the managers fault. The club is in a state right now!

Adkins is the one making bizarre subs, strange tactics and not playing to the strengths of the players he has got.

403 posts