Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

355 posts
3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

by 3points » 02 Jan 2014 18:14

ALF to Huddersfield? They need another goal scorer. Perhaps we could get Vaughan coming in this direction?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Jan 2014 18:31

So long Alfie

You won't be missed

Unlike many of your shots at goal

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Jan 2014 18:44

"Alf should play he's the best natural striker we have had since Cureton. If you put him with a target man like Cureton had with Roberts then he will thrive".

"You what, he wants to leave? f[u]ck him! Always said he was useless. Tw@t Couldn't hit a barn door".

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 02 Jan 2014 19:38

Good option from the bench and as cover, but starting week-in-week-out for a team looking at promotion? No.

Imo, he just doesn't offer enough in the general build up to be able to start regularly. And unfortunately, we cannot afford to have that kind of luxury of a player playing atm.

He's one of those, It would be nice if he stayed but wouldn't miss him if he went and was replaced.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2014 09:14

3points I thought Sidwell was only on 4k per week, and was offered 15k at the start of the Prem season. Either way, he's still one of my favourite Reading players because he showed true professionalism throughout that season, unlike a number of others have done subsequently.

I don't think he has ever let the stardom get to his head. Has always kept his feet on the ground, given 100% to whoever he has been playing for and has always been more than happy to engage with the fans.

I can remember him opening the conversation with my family when he got in the same lift as us at the hotel. I can also remember 'Ginger Day' when he made a point of coming over to my (then early teenage) son, himself a red head who had entered into the spirit of the day, having a chat with him and then insisting that Kitson (who had earlier thrown his toys out of the pram over the day) came over and had a chat too.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 03 Jan 2014 09:41

He's a natural goal poacher. Wont see him for most of the game but then scores. Who else can score in our team at the moment? Another clash with Adkins. So, so far Adkins has clashed with - Marriapa, Kebe, Drenthe, Maccleary, Pearce, Le Fondre, Akpan, Macanuff at sometime. Oh for that old fighting spirit.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 03 Jan 2014 10:09

paddy20 He's a natural goal poacher. Wont see him for most of the game but then scores. Who else can score in our team at the moment?
If he was scoring the manager will have to play him, I think the problem is the formation, tactics and players around him - when we played 4-4-2 with wingers under McDermott there were chances left right and centre, He only had to be in the box to score. The problem is the midfield, particularly the centre - I think the team will play better without Danny Guthrie, someone who just stays in midfield and works in partnership with an equal player alongside, This is key a partnership of two lesser midfielders will be better than an arguably better skilled player not gelling with those around him.
Karacan and Leigerwood worked well, unfortunately we don't have a fit Jem Karacan available and I have doubts that Leigerwood is the player he once was at this level.
Sort the midfield out and the two strikers can feed off it.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jan 2014 10:19

St. Brynjar
loyalroyal4life Quite clear he is likely to leave (he wants to move back up north), although would like to hang on to him until end of season.

Can't see us signing another striker if he does go!

So you think we'll be content with Pog and Blackman, a winger?

No, i just would not be surprised if it ends up being that way

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jan 2014 10:23

sandman "Alf should play he's the best natural striker we have had since Cureton. If you put him with a target man like Cureton had with Roberts then he will thrive".

"You what, he wants to leave? f[u]ck him! Always said he was useless. Tw@t Couldn't hit a barn door".

He is not on Cureton's level

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Jan 2014 10:42

3points ALF to Huddersfield? They need another goal scorer. Perhaps we could get Vaughan coming in this direction?

This doesn't make sense :?

Huddersfield need another goal scorer, so they buy ours but then send their other one to us....meaning they are in exactly the same position

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 03 Jan 2014 10:53

I really can't understand some of the views on here, like he doesn't contribute enough in his all round game, not good enough for a for a starting place etc.

Just looking at the stats I don't think Reading have lost when ALF has started this year in the league (and have more ppg and gpg), and from my own personal view of this season, I think we have always looked more dangerous with him on the pitch.

I also do not get my head around Sharp being a starter ahead of ALF. In recent weeks Sharp has shown he offers nothing more, and I would even suggest less. So for Adkins to come out and say ALF needs to look at himself and what he offers - well I think just about sums that man up.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 03 Jan 2014 11:02

loyalroyal4life
sandman "Alf should play he's the best natural striker we have had since Cureton. If you put him with a target man like Cureton had with Roberts then he will thrive".

Agreed - he is far better than Cureton - who as far as as I recall never hit 12 at PL level.

Don't blame him for wanting to play. Personally I hope he stays and on balance I prefer him to Sharp.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jan 2014 11:54

royal_rumble So for Adkins to come out and say ALF needs to look at himself and what he offers - well I think just about sums that man up.

What do you feel ALF contributes in his all round game?

Few see it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2014 12:18

andrew1957
loyalroyal4life

Agreed - he is far better than Cureton - who as far as as I recall never hit 12 at PL level.

Don't blame him for wanting to play. Personally I hope he stays and on balance I prefer him to Sharp.

Did Cureton ever get the opportunity to play at PL level? Had he been set up with the same goalscoring opportunities as ALF, I would have been very confident that he would have converted as many, if not more.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Jan 2014 12:50

paddy20 He's a natural goal poacher. Wont see him for most of the game but then scores. Who else can score in our team at the moment? Another clash with Adkins. So, so far Adkins has clashed with - Marriapa, Kebe, Drenthe, Maccleary, Pearce, Le Fondre, Akpan, Macanuff at sometime. Oh for that old fighting spirit.

Based on what?? Your hunch?? Don't talk such drivel.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 03 Jan 2014 13:37

loyalroyal4life

Not even close 8)

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 03 Jan 2014 18:59

Cureton back for a final swansong?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 03 Jan 2014 20:07

Reading4eva Cureton back for a final swansong?

God yes

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 04 Jan 2014 00:01

Forest fans RT'ing this.. I'm pretty sure they're talking about Big Brother..

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Jan 2014 00:16

They are

They are watching in their hotel room down in Brighton :lol:

355 posts