BFTG - Brighton

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Brighton

by sandman » 04 Jan 2014 22:22

P!ssed Off Secondly, we were on the attack early in the 2nd half, looking like we might at least produce a shot of some sort. Won a corner, can't remember how, and enthusiasm is up in the crowd, we were gaining a bit of momentum finally! oxf*rd Guthrie decides to spend the next 30 seconds arguing about whether their defender is 10 yards or 8 yards away from him taking the corner. Just oxf*rd put it in the box you oxf*rd idiot!

Not forgetting Jake Taylor who was stood on his lonesome at the edge of the box whilst Guthrie's hissy fit was going on.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2014 22:36

The more I see. the more I hear about Guthrie

The more I dont want him at our club anymore.... in a Matt Mills kind of way

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Jan 2014 22:41

Same old shit except with a lot of rain.

I don't believe the stats, I'm sure we had at least one shot on target in the second half, that's how bad it gets supporting us away. We're counting shots but still devoid of any actual entertainment.

We had a lot of possession but did nothing with it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Jan 2014 22:58

urz13 LOL at the idiots fighting at half time and subsequently getting chucked out. The others who ripped seats up and chucked them at an old bloke are an absolute disgrace. Stewards dealt with both incidents well.

re: the seat chucking - I had to laugh at the guy behind shouting, "it was him - the guy in the red jacket".

Surely just look at the seat number then find out who was sitting (standing) there. :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Jan 2014 23:08

Feds - Made three good saves that kept us from a real pasting in the first half. Distribution far better than McCarthy. 8 MotM

Gunter - pretty average. Didn't get forward enough. 6
Pearce - Couple of interceptions but nothing majorly special. Get really nervous when he's given the ball to his feet. 6
Gorkss - Ok, Couple of neat passes. 6
Kelly - Hopelessly lost out of position and ripped a new one by their winger every time. Especially poor considering the winger actually cut inside a lot which should have been an advantage to Kelly's stronger foot. 3

McCleary - Hopelessly out of form and anonymous for most of the game. 4
Obita - One of the only outfield players who looked to care and have some urgency in his play. 6
Taylor - In and out of the game. One good cross that should have been rewarded with something better than it got. 5
Guthrie - Everything bad about him was in evidence in that game. Moaning at ref and team mates when he should have been concentrating on his job. Slow in possession which made everyone else lethargic. 3
Blackman - Some positive runs in the first half but chose the wrong option on a number of occasions, improving. 6

Alf - Stuck up front on his own, a position he is not suited to. Had our only shot on target but couldn't get sufficient power on it. Should have done better with his header and at least hit the target. 6

Subs:
Drenthe - Added a bit of urgency into our play. 6
Williams - Typical performance for him, showed promise, failed to build on it. 5
Pog - Ok, this one I'm annoyed about. Why oh why wait until the 84th Minute to bring him on? Had no opportunity to get into the game and make a real impact. 5

Adkins - Typically poor and clueless stuff from our sorry excuse for a manager. Just heard his interview and he is losing the plot big time. Well done Tim for asking the questions and defending himself against Adkins outburst. 1

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 04 Jan 2014 23:26

Shit as usual, can't be oxf*rd with this anymore, oxf*rd all else to say.

Poor atmosphere inspired by the shit football. The 15/16 year olds thinking they're 'ard was incredibly cringeworthy, the seat incident was funny until he threw it, he didn't mean to break it (I think :lol:).

Highlight - Evening Star - great little pub

Kingsley Junior

Re: BFTG - Brightonaq

by Kingsley Junior » 04 Jan 2014 23:33

bobby1413 Stewards: 10/10
Concourse people: 10/10
Facilities: 10/10
Flooring: 1/10 - so slippery!

Slippery as oxf*rd! Slipped over on my arse before the game on the concourse - hand/wrist still very sore from breaking my fall - then nearly repeated the trick in the loos soon after but thankfully kept my balance. Less painful than our performance, mind!

Crotts

by Crotts » 04 Jan 2014 23:33

The reason why we often look total crap until the last 10 minutes of games is fairly clear. Teams totally outplay us but when, either through good keeping on our part or poor finishing on theirs, they are only one goal up and it gets to the final 10 minutes the opposition thinks "We cannot end up not beating this crock of shite" and they sit back and defend and we start to create chances. When the opposition chase and harrass our geriatric paced defenders and central midfielders, we look totally inept, but when they stop doing that near the end, it makes us look better than we actually are, which at the moment is absolute soiled pants.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 04 Jan 2014 23:34

Will95 Shit as usual, can't be oxf*rd with this anymore, oxf*rd all else to say.

Poor atmosphere inspired by the shit football. The 15/16 year olds thinking they're 'ard was incredibly cringeworthy, the seat incident was funny until he threw it, he didn't mean to break it (I think :lol:).

Tbf mate, your only a couple years older :wink:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Brightonaq

by P!ssed Off » 04 Jan 2014 23:36

bobby1413 Stewards: 10/10
Concourse people: 10/10
Facilities: 10/10
Flooring: 1/10 - so slippery!

Loved brighton facilities. The train, concourse, stewards. Police. ALL so good.

:lol:
Thought it was my new shoes., almost went flying when I was rushing to my seat at the start :oops:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 04 Jan 2014 23:37

Unbelievable Jeff
Will95 Shit as usual, can't be oxf*rd with this anymore, oxf*rd all else to say.

Tbf mate, your only a couple years older :wink:

Sad thing is, they're my brothers mates :roll:

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Jan 2014 23:43

genome http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?292766-Reading-quot-hooligans-quot

Hooligans? :lol:

Yeah well like the man said, when you have Adkins as a manager, the w@nker-ness spreads. True Dat...

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 04 Jan 2014 23:53

Was just talking to my dad who's been watching us since the early 80's and he told me no matter how crap the football has been he's never seen us play less interesting and less exciting football.

Whilst I am firmly Adkins in still (slowly losing patience though), this type of football is simply not good enough. Playing with no urgency, no desire to score is simply not good enough to have me and other fans paying each week to see. All I want is some pace to our game, some desire and all of a sudden the game is more exciting and much better money spent. This is dull and I am fed up of going to every game to watch boring shit. If we're not good enough right now, fine, but at least give it a damn good go not fanny about being boring as oxf*rd.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2014 23:55

sandman Adkins - . Just heard his interview and he is losing the plot big time. Well done Tim for asking the questions and defending himself against Adkins outburst. 1
That's what I'm talking about!

Nige.... I've always rated you, but perlease

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 05 Jan 2014 00:08

The first half was quite simply the worst 45 minutes I can remember any Reading team produce since the days of Tommy Burns; lots of trying to build from the back, but the result was either a few square or backwards passes along the back 4 before Gorkks lumped it towards ALF, or a mis-placed pass resulting in Brighton getting the ball. On 3 occasions I counted simple 10 yard passes not being controlled and going off for throw ins. Woeful. Our midfield went missing far too often with the result that the BHA midfield simply cut us to ribbons; their goal came about because the scorer wasn't tracked by a Reading midfielder and so had acres of space and plenty of time to get his shot away. The only surprise at half time was the fact that BHA weren't 3 or 4-0 up.

The 2nd half was actually a lot better with us looking dangerous especially down our left wing, whilst Drenthe's introduction gave us a bit more creativity; it also helped that BHA sat back and seemed happy to try and catch us on the break. ALF had a couple of chances; a clever back heel that their keeper saved well (so much for us having no shots on target!) but he was guilty of a terrible miss; a free header 12 yds out in the middle of the goal - and he fails to hit the target. Taylor had a great chance in added time but lacked composure and put it over the bar. But a draw wouldn't have been justified - we were that poor in the 1st half.

The thing that surprised me was leaving the Pog on the bench until the 82nd minute.

As for the AMEX, excellent stadium, with fantastic pies and stewards. They even had an ice-rink in the away concourse......

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 05 Jan 2014 01:48

sandman
P!ssed Off Secondly, we were on the attack early in the 2nd half, looking like we might at least produce a shot of some sort. Won a corner, can't remember how, and enthusiasm is up in the crowd, we were gaining a bit of momentum finally! oxf*rd Guthrie decides to spend the next 30 seconds arguing about whether their defender is 10 yards or 8 yards away from him taking the corner. Just oxf*rd put it in the box you oxf*rd idiot!

Not forgetting Jake Taylor who was stood on his lonesome at the edge of the box whilst Guthrie's hissy fit was going on.

He was having his 'hissy fit because i) the ball to Taylor was blocked by the encroaching man and ii) said encroaching man was also stopping the short corner he and Blackman clearly wanted to play. :|

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 06:09

GUTHRIE OUT

I don't think he is that good. He makes the whole formation and game play Rigid, slow, uninspired.

I also think he's a cock. I used to like him but with each game, I dislike him more and more.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Jan 2014 06:26

Morning Bobby

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 06:34

Harpers So Solid Crew Morning Bobby

Guten tag, how's it going?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2014 08:06

ScottishRoyal
sandman

He was having his 'hissy fit because i) the ball to Taylor was blocked by the encroaching man and ii) said encroaching man was also stopping the short corner he and Blackman clearly wanted to play. :|

What a surprise another making excuses for Guthrie.

He could have got that to Taylor if A. he had actually realised he was there, because sat near the corner it was obvious he didn't see Taylor at all and B. if he'd really wanted to and if he'd wanted some more room he could've rolled the ball back into the quadrant rather than outside it.

As for the short corner, if the Brighton player did block him off then it can only be a good thing, because they very rarely come off.