BFTG - Brighton

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

BFTG - Brighton

by winchester_royal » 04 Jan 2014 20:10

Same old. Shit 75 minutes followed by a late period of play where we start moving the ball quickly and actually look decent. Alf and Taylor both missed very presentable chances at the death, and despite being second best for most of the game we probably should have come away with a replay.

Blackman stood out until he had to go off with what looked like a niggle. Taylor and Obits both did okay considering the experienced shower that they were playing with. Kelly was diabolical on the left, as per.

Hmmm. Change is needed. Hopefully that will come through investment in the squad this month, but if that isn't forthcoming then I'm increasingly unsure Adkins is the man to lead this squad forwards.

Kebe's apprentice

Re: BFTG - Brighton

by Kebe's apprentice » 04 Jan 2014 20:17

Kelly was embarrassing today. Blackman was the only player to do anything in the first half, had a few runs at the Brighton defenders, although he did a couple of shocking passes. He should be ahead of McCleary, who at the moment, is going through a shocking run of form. Cannot see this run of form turning around until we have Bridge, Morrison, and a proper defensive midfielder back (Baird or Leigertwood). Was not at the Forest game so cannot comment on which game was worse.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 04 Jan 2014 20:18

Utter Utter rubbish AGAIN!

Thats all anyone that didn't go needs to know

Probably roll out the same post BFTG Watford Next week.

ADKINS OUT

yappy

by yappy » 04 Jan 2014 20:21

How was Fedders today? Bit of praise on the radio for him saying his distribution was excellent. I do feel that a lot of our problems are caused by our back 5 trying to play it out from the back and no-one is clearly comfortable on the ball. Right footed left backs who aren't comfortable with the ball on either foot is a real problem!

Big fan of McCarthy, don't get me wrong, but if Adkins wants to make his style of play work I think we'd be better suited with Federici.

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 04 Jan 2014 20:26

yappy How was Fedders today? Bit of praise on the radio for him saying his distribution was excellent. I do feel that a lot of our problems are caused by our back 5 trying to play it out from the back and no-one is clearly comfortable on the ball. Right footed left backs who aren't comfortable with the ball on either foot is a real problem!

Big fan of McCarthy, don't get me wrong, but if Adkins wants to make his style of play work I think we'd be better suited with Federici.

Some good saves and good distribution. Federici had no chance with the goal as there was a slight deflection.The back 5 at times tried to pass their way out of tight situations, which was quite risky. We have no chance of passing out of the back if Kelly plays or Cummings play left back. Always ends up with them passing it back to the centre backs. Would like Obita at left back, as we looked better going forward when he moved there.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Jan 2014 20:35

The first half really was horrific.
At one point Gunter gave the ball away on the right and then fell over. Gorkss and Pearce then ended up on the ground as Brighton walked through our defence. Before Kelly was on the deck as their player strolled round him as well. Don't know how they didn't manage to walk the ball in, but they didn't. Worryingly this scene was not even in Brighton's top 5 chances of the half.

They hit the bar 3 times! Scored, and forced Feds to make 2 or 3 good saves.
Not even MonsterMunch could claim that today's was an even 1st half.

Happy for Feds though, he had a good game. Hopefully for him he'll get a move to another Champ team and get the 1st team football that he deserves imo. I'm not saying he should be our No.1 keeper, but he deserves more than sitting on the bench of this pathetic team.

Shout out to Guthrie for managing to piss me right off even when Reading had a few spells of doing ok.
Firstly, in the 1st half when we'd had the ball for a few minutes and were passing it around nicely, working it in to a shooting position. Guthrie finds himself in a great position for a rare shot, but instead decided to dribble it wide and promptly lost the ball. Waiting for a good opportunity to shoot is one thing, but deliberately spurning the opportunity you've spent five minutes creating... :evil:

Secondly, we were on the attack early in the 2nd half, looking like we might at least produce a shot of some sort. Won a corner, can't remember how, and enthusiasm is up in the crowd, we were gaining a bit of momentum finally! oxf*rd Guthrie decides to spend the next 30 seconds arguing about whether their defender is 10 yards or 8 yards away from him taking the corner. Just oxf*rd put it in the box you oxf*rd idiot!

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 04 Jan 2014 20:36

winchester_royal
Blackman stood out until he had to go off with what looked like a niggle.

Racist.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 04 Jan 2014 20:40

£10 was still too much to watch Reading spineless, lackluster effort today that has now become a regular game plan.

Half time came and we had not had one shot.

The only player to come out with any credit today is Federici.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Jan 2014 20:43

SHORT AND CURLY Utter Utter rubbish AGAIN!

ADKINS OUT

Anyone that didn't go probably doesn't care!

I know I don't and am glad I didn't bother, even a busy day spent in the Oracle beats watching Reading play atm

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 04 Jan 2014 20:48

loyalroyal4life
SHORT AND CURLY Utter Utter rubbish AGAIN!

ADKINS OUT

Anyone that didn't go probably doesn't care!

I know I don't and am glad I didn't bother, even a busy day spent in the Oracle beats watching Reading play atm

A post highly befitting of your username.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 04 Jan 2014 20:53

Don't understand the negativity and didn't think we were too bad today, or rather we were better than we have been the last few games, and there wasn't much between the teams. We moved the ball much better, especially in the second half and managed to work it into space on the edge of the box or out to the wings on several occasions. Yes we did have a couple of comedy moments from Gunter, Gorkss and Kelly but the overall performance was better although we sat a bit too deep in the first half and found it hard to get out.

To answer yappy, Feds did well and is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than McCarthy, which helped us to play the ball out from the back as the CB's and also Guthrie could play the ball back to him with more confidence.

What was it with the deflections today? Not only the goal, which Federici had absolutely no chance with, but he also made a couple of excellent saves from another couple of deflected shots in the first half (especially the one he tipped onto the bar) and at least another one in the second.

For me, we really should have had a draw today and that wouldn't have flattered us as the game against Forest did.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 04 Jan 2014 21:01

If you still hate Futcher wrote; We really should have had a draw today and that wouldn't have flattered us as the game against Forest did.

You are having a laugh, no shots come half time with the cross bar saving us three times. Brighton should have been out of site.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Jan 2014 21:04

If you still hate Futcher Don't understand the negativity and didn't think we were too bad today, or rather we were better than we have been the last few games, and there wasn't much between the teams. We moved the ball much better, especially in the second half and managed to work it into space on the edge of the box or out to the wings on several occasions. Yes we did have a couple of comedy moments from Gunter, Gorkks and Kelly but the overall performance was better although we sat a bit too deep in the first half and found it hard to get out.

To answer yappy, Feds did well and is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than McCarthy, which helped us to play the ball out from the back as the CB's and also Guthrie could play the ball back to him with more confidence.

What was it with the deflections today? Not only the goal, which Federici had absolutely no chance with, but he also made a couple of excellent saves from another couple of deflected shots in the first half (especially the one he tipped onto the bar) and at least another one in the second.

We really should have had a draw today and that wouldn't have flattered us as the game against Forest did.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBC Match stats
Brighton Shots (shots on target): 18 (5)
Reading Shots (shots on target): 5 (0)

Unbelievable that it was even necessary to bring out these stats. You were at the game, how did you fail to notice how shit we were?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jan 2014 21:05

Bandini
winchester_royal
Blackman stood out until he had to go off with what looked like a niggle.

Racist.

Too easy 8)

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 04 Jan 2014 21:19

Bizarre - don't play Pog - so the game plan was to keep lobbing in from the wings for a decent header - and we had ALF, a foot shorter than anyone in their defence.
Have most of our players placed on the sidelines to leave Guthrie alone in midfield to be overrun the whole match or to let him play a poor pass anyway.
Kelly, Gorkss , Pearce and to some extent Gunter - shocking .
Blackman was good again showing some movement.
Royston's got to learn when to pass.
Good atmosphere though (from Royals fans) - well run stadium. Decent concourse and transport.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Brightonaq

by bobby1413 » 04 Jan 2014 21:50

Stewards: 10/10
Concourse people: 10/10
Facilities: 10/10
Flooring: 1/10 - so slippery!

Loved brighton facilities. The train, concourse, stewards. Police. ALL so good.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 04 Jan 2014 21:54

Federici - 8
Gunter - 6
Gorkks - 4
Pearce - 4
Kelly - 4
Guthrie - 5
Taylor - 5
Obita - 5
Blackman - 7
McCleary - 4
ALF - 4

Drenthe - 6
Williams - 6
Pogrebynak - N/A

LOL at the idiots fighting at half time and subsequently getting chucked out. The others who ripped seats up and chucked them at an old bloke are an absolute disgrace. Stewards dealt with both incidents well.

LOL at the infrastructure around the stadium, took over an hour and a half to get out of the car park.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 04 Jan 2014 21:59

OK, so maybe the last few games have lowered my expectation level but I honestly don't think there was much between us and Brighton and there were definite signs of improvement. I was sat right behind the goal so could see that although they may have had a lot of shots, very few actually threatened the goal and a lot were from range.

Also, a vast majority of their shots must have been in the first half when we sat too deep and let them onto us. We were unlucky with the goal but they should have scored when one of their players ran all the way across the box without shooting until we were able to block it.

The second half was mostly us, except we didn't take every opportunity to shoot like they had in the first - probably due to the lack of confidence in the squad

But Alf should have scored with his header and Taylor should probably have done better with his chance - other than the blocked effort in the first half which would you say they should have scored from?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jan 2014 22:11

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 04 Jan 2014 22:16

urz13 Federici - 8
Gunter - 6
Gorkks - 4
Pearce - 4
Kelly - 4
Guthrie - 5
Taylor - 5
Obita - 5
Blackman - 7
McCleary - 4
ALF - 4

Drenthe - 6
Williams - 6
Pogrebynak - N/A

LOL at the idiots fighting at half time and subsequently getting chucked out. The others who ripped seats up and chucked them at an old bloke are an absolute disgrace. Stewards dealt with both incidents well.

LOL at the infrastructure around the stadium, took over an hour and a half to get out of the car park.

Got out in 5 minutes 8)