BFTG - Millwall (a)

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Millwall (a)

by muddyfeet » 02 Feb 2014 11:36

peterroyal76
bobby1413
paultheroyal Stewards I encountered were good as gold.

Ditto

+2

Tbf it may have just been one particular steward

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 02 Feb 2014 11:36

peterroyal76
bobby1413
paultheroyal Stewards I encountered were good as gold.

Ditto

+2

Yep, the guy on block 21 duty was gr8 and suggested that me and jr sit at the front, instead of in our seats towards the back, so he could see.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 02 Feb 2014 11:41

Millwall fans very despondent, more so than usual and fled the stadium with a good 10 minutes of to go. As usual this is my favourite away fixture and all the better for all the pies, ale, and goals to make the day.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Feb 2014 12:52

Few seats got broken accidentally after the second :? thankfully none of them were thrown :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Feb 2014 13:10

Good day out, I particularly enjoyed the comedy punch up to my right :lol:

Millwall had an early chance but after that I genuinely felt that we were never going to concede at any point all afternoon. This was a good performance from the back 5 but also says a lot for how woeful Millwall are.

The pick for us were McCleary (once again) and Williams who did the work of two men (Akpan was off colour and withdrawn in more ways than one, Jake Taylor worked hard but was 'little boy lost' in all honesty).

It is good that we are putting poor sides (Bolton, Blackpool, Millwall) to the sword. We were entirely dominant for the last 20 of what was a very tepid game but it took a dreadful piece of goalkeeping to give us the breakthrough. I'd also ask.....is the kind of football we've played the last few weeks any different to that which worked so successfully for the second half of 2011/12? Of course it isn't :!:

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 02 Feb 2014 13:38

floyd__streete Good day out, I particularly enjoyed the comedy punch up to my right :lol:

Millwall had an early chance but after that I genuinely felt that we were never going to concede at any point all afternoon. This was a good performance from the back 5 but also says a lot for how woeful Millwall are.

The pick for us were McCleary (once again) and Williams who did the work of two men (Akpan was off colour and withdrawn in more ways than one, Jake Taylor worked hard but was 'little boy lost' in all honesty).

It is good that we are putting poor sides (Bolton, Blackpool, Millwall) to the sword. We were entirely dominant for the last 20 of what was a very tepid game but it took a dreadful piece of goalkeeping to give us the breakthrough. I'd also ask.....is the kind of football we've played the last few weeks any different to that which worked so successfully for the second half of 2011/12? Of course it isn't :!:

:lol:

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 02 Feb 2014 13:50

floyd__streete Good day out, I particularly enjoyed the comedy punch up to my right :lol:

I haven't been at any of the last few games so I can't comment but I'd be surprised if it was the same as 11/12 - other than the 4-0 rout of Barnsley I don't remember us totally dominating any teams. It was always smash & grab, testament to Brian making champions out of an average team.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Feb 2014 14:08

To quote someone who went to the game yesterday. "Reading fans are morons".

"Some dickhead kept singing 'We've got a big Russian'".

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Feb 2014 14:28

Link?

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 02 Feb 2014 17:32

the goals incase anyone missed them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuUW1r3idkI

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 02 Feb 2014 17:38

toppy the goals incase anyone missed them

Cheers :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Feb 2014 17:39

No Fixed Abode To quote someone who went to the game yesterday. "Reading fans are morons".

Except they didn't sing that. They were singing "We've got a big f***ing Russian". Facts - get them right. :wink:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Feb 2014 18:16

Never mind the goals, I wanna see this punchup now.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 02 Feb 2014 18:19

Maguire I hope benreading managed to capture the punch up on his helmet cam

Unfortunately not :lol:

lardydah

by lardydah » 02 Feb 2014 18:21

Thanks, it's a shame that Pearce doesn't score more often as his celebrations are pure gold!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 02 Feb 2014 19:51

What is it with singing the "we're winning away" song?

We've won more away games than all but 3 in the division.

:|

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Feb 2014 19:56

No Fixed Abode To quote someone who went to the game yesterday. "Reading fans are morons".

Even YOU must be a little embarrassed by the tripe you post? Enjoy your journey to Man City tomorrow.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Feb 2014 21:38

Lacoste

:lol:

Haha (prick)

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Feb 2014 22:37

Barney

Even YOU must be a little embarrassed by the tripe you post? Enjoy your journey to Man City tomorrow.

I think we've found the 'dickhead' who was singing that song.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Feb 2014 09:05

Kes - loads of people were singing it - not just one person. And what was so "moronic" about it in any case.

*waits for RR to tell me this is a boring as shit post to everything and everyone*