Pearce ban overturned

MeMeMe

Re: Pearce ban overturned

by MeMeMe » 11 Feb 2014 19:06

NewCorkSeth
MeMeMe Firstly... Kirkland ?... the Sheff keeper should have been at least booked and WE should have had a penalty when he clearly took out Pog who would have run through.

Secondly Gorks would got to that ball, the Sheff attacker clearly dived.

All in all we should have won 2-1... friking NAFF REF and cheating Sheff Wed players

Butthurt?

Yeah... too right... that game will pi%% me off for ages

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 11 Feb 2014 19:40

download Wasn't expecting that .....

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 53520.aspx

That's a boost to QPR

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 11 Feb 2014 20:05

SPARTA
download Wasn't expecting that .....

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 53520.aspx

That's a boost to QPR

:lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Feb 2014 20:13

Is Pearce still eggyboff?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2014 21:05

I didn't realise that, prior to encountering the inept Keith Hill on Saturday, Pearce had never been sent off in his career.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 11 Feb 2014 22:00

I imagine that Mr. Hill will be assigned an assessor in a game in the near future, as his positioning was suspect on a number of occasions and he gave a number of baffling decisions/non-decisions.

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 11 Feb 2014 22:03

Oh God...Does that he will be playing on Sunday..Deserved three match ban for the eight minutes he was on the pitch, he looks a catastrophe about to happen at the moment.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 11 Feb 2014 22:14

Am I in a minority in having mixed feelings about the ban being overturned?

I think we are all agreed that we need at least 1 CN who is comfortable on the ball, has acceleration, and can read the game.

With all due respect to AP, he is deficient in at least 2 of these 3 attributes. Whereas Michael Hector would appear, from his stint at Aberdeen, to at least have the basic requirements. Had AP received a 1 match ban, it would have offered NA the perfect opportunity to give MH his first start - albeit against a top 3 team in the division.

Now that AP has, (rightly in my opinion), had his red overturned, it means in all probability that AP will retain his starting position. We could be in danger of losing MH at the end of the season as he may well decline the offer of a new RFC contract knowing that he would walk into lucrative contract at Aberdeen and be a shoe-in for a 1st XI starting role there.

Who knows what would have happened had AP been banned, MH taken his opportunity, and established himself in the RFC team. It's on small twists of fate such as this that careers are made.

Let's just hope MH decides to sign a new contract with us, as Kasper's career at the MadStad must surely be on the wind down.

No offence intended to any of the players mentioned in the above.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 11 Feb 2014 22:26

So does this mean that it was a foul and pen but gorkss was covering, or that it was a dive and no foul?

Surely if they see it as a foul but gorkss is covering the red will be changed to a yellow? No mention of this which could mean it wasnt a foul and that makes it even worse.

Could have been 0-0, 11 vs 11 and no pen.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 11 Feb 2014 22:39

strap Am I in a minority in having mixed feelings about the ban being overturned?

I think we are all agreed that we need at least 1 CN who is comfortable on the ball, has acceleration, and can read the game.

With all due respect to AP, he is deficient in at least 2 of these 3 attributes. Whereas Michael Hector would appear, from his stint at Aberdeen, to at least have the basic requirements. Had AP received a 1 match ban, it would have offered NA the perfect opportunity to give MH his first start - albeit against a top 3 team in the division.

Now that AP has, (rightly in my opinion), had his red overturned, it means in all probability that AP will retain his starting position. We could be in danger of losing MH at the end of the season as he may well decline the offer of a new RFC contract knowing that he would walk into lucrative contract at Aberdeen and be a shoe-in for a 1st XI starting role there.

Who knows what would have happened had AP been banned, MH taken his opportunity, and established himself in the RFC team. It's on small twists of fate such as this that careers are made.

Let's just hope MH decides to sign a new contract with us, as Kasper's career at the MadStad must surely be on the wind down.

I agree. Would rather hector started.

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 11 Feb 2014 22:40

strap Am I in a minority in having mixed feelings about the ban being overturned?

I would doubt that Aberdeen can offer a lucrative contract...There is a lot more money in the Championship and probably league 1 as well.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Feb 2014 22:44

"LOL at the SPL, what a shit league it is"

"What, Michael Hector has had a couple of good games at Aberdeen? Put him in the team"

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 12 Feb 2014 02:30

sandman "LOL at the SPL, what a shit league it is"

"What, Michael Hector has had a couple of good games at Aberdeen? Put him in the team"

+1

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 12 Feb 2014 06:43

Amazed... I wonder what Sam Allardyce will have to say about this!!

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 12 Feb 2014 08:10

[quote="Crotts"]As a Reading fan I'm not complaining but the FA do seem to make some baffling decisions. I was in the North stand and immediately thought that Pearce had fouled the Wednesday striker so was not suprised by the sending off as Gorkss was not close enough to make a tackle at that point. If you look at the video and stop it at 18 seconds you can clearly see that pearce's left hand is pulling the strikers shirt before he goes down. Go figure !

I too was sat in the North stand, didn't think it was a pen, or anyone around me for that. And as for the sending off

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 12 Feb 2014 09:46

Basingstoke Royal So does this mean that it was a foul and pen but gorkss was covering, or that it was a dive and no foul?

Surely if they see it as a foul but gorkss is covering the red will be changed to a yellow? No mention of this which could mean it wasnt a foul and that makes it even worse.

Could have been 0-0, 11 vs 11 and no pen.

The decision clearly states that the card was rescinded because a goal scoring opportunity was not denied. They do not say it was not a foul and I think they have no power to downgrade a red to a yellow

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Feb 2014 09:57

lol at prefferring hector.

pearce is fine at this level.
everyone is allowed an off day

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 12 Feb 2014 10:20

My thoughts entirely.

Pearce was rinsed more than once on Saturday before he was sent off. Against the better teams he is a liability. On too many occasions, he simply aint up to it. If anything he's gone backwards in the last 12 months. Hector has the potential to out class him given the chance. Its the same argument as McCarthy v Feds. Hector needs to be given the chance to make himself a first choice before the end of the season.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Feb 2014 10:24

TommyF
TBM Doesn't help us now the game is over

Why not? Is he skipping the QPR game because he'd booked a weekend away in Skegness with the misses as he thought he had the time off?

Cos we had more chance of beating Sheff Wed than we do at QPR

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Feb 2014 10:36

W&E Royal
W&E Royal Why do people keep saying it was Benik Afobe that dived, it was their #10 Jacques Maghoma.

Sorry, I'm completely wrong. I saw Pearce get rinsed about three times by the #10 that I presumed it was him again. My apologies. Carry on.

BBC report said Maghoma too so don't worry, you're not the only racist.