BFTG 'Uddersfield

133 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG 'Uddersfield

by windermere_royal » 29 Mar 2014 18:29

St. Brynjar Pretty poor game. Huddersfield looked lively, Nahki wells showing what an actual striker looks like.

McCarthy - 8 - One definite great save, didn't see if the one that hit the post got a touch or not. Looked a little rattled at times
Gunter - 6 - Does a hell of a defensive job cleaning up for the centre backs. Tried to over complicate it a bit.
Morrison - 3 - Very poor, rushed back too quickly. Dreadful passing, very complacent, constantly beaten by the forwards.
Pearce - 6 - Powerful presence, didn't do a great deal wrong.
Obita - 5 - Couple of mazy runs but indecisive and naive at times.
McAnuff - 6 - Not his best game by a long stretch and went missing a bit in the second but his work rate in the first was exceptional. Extra point for winning the penalty.
Hector - 6 - Looked confident and passed well. Would have loved his first half strike to have gone in.
Williams - 5 - Not his usual terrier-like self.
McCleary - 5/6 - Didn't get involved much at all, but looked sharp when he did.
HRK - 4 - Poor. Tough game but very ineffectual.
Pog - 4 - See above.

Drenthe - 4 - No influence whatsoever.
Alf - 5 - Barely noticed him
Akpan - N/A - not long enough to make a mark.

I'd be tempted to play Hector alongside Pearce next game, with Guthrie and Akpan/Williams in CM. Le Fondre or Blackman to start.

so someone you barely noticed gets 5 points, 1 more than our goal scorer? strange

EarleyRoyal16

by EarleyRoyal16 » 29 Mar 2014 18:30

Another missed oppertunity with teams around us all dropping points.

McCarthy - 8: Quite a few good saves, especially the one In the first half from the curling effort. Had no chance with the goal.
Gunter -6: Solid enough.
Pearce - 7: One of his better games, not his biggest fan but he was decent today.
Morrison - 5: Looked really off the pace, needed longer with the young lads to improve fitness further. Good to have him back in the side though, IMO our best Centre back.
Obita - 8: My MOTM. Tackled well and got forward again and again and looked a threat, good goal line clearance as well.
McCleary - 6: Not his best game, been really poor of late, like everyone really.
Hector - 6: Decent cameo in midfield. Didn't look overly out of place, a few shakey moments but a good performance overall. Almost scored.
Williams - 6: Not his best day today either. We have missed him in the side though, hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season, key player.
McAnuff - 6: Decent enough performance, set pieces were a bit off though.
HRK - 4: Had an absolute shocker. Touch of a rapist.
Pog - 6: Decent, good penalty, didn't do much else of note though, not yet back to his best from before his injury.

Drenthe - 5: Didn't do much
ALF - 5: Why do we always oxf*rd hoof it to him. He ain't gonna win the header. Always offside.
Akpan - 5: Didn't have enough time to do anything really.

MOTM overall was probably the guy with a beard for them, he was quality, decent finish from Wells for them as well. Wish we signed him, looked a threat all game.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Huddersfield

by Sutekh » 29 Mar 2014 18:30

Agreed, I do not understand playing Hector when Taylor is a better midfielder. Perhaps he wanted more of a tackling presence but I'd have stuck with Akpan for that. I would also have reverted to the same line up that we had v Bolton and Blackpool. still don't get why Kanu plays ahead of Le Fondu

Overall another crap performance best forgotten as quickly as possible. Thank god for 2 away games up next

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Mar 2014 18:31

In before the merge

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 29 Mar 2014 18:32

What was Mcanuff Doing around the 20th minute. He seemed to be having a go at the fans - or am I mis reading it?

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 29 Mar 2014 18:33

windermere_royal
St. Brynjar Pretty poor game. Huddersfield looked lively, Nahki wells showing what an actual striker looks like.

McCarthy - 8 - One definite great save, didn't see if the one that hit the post got a touch or not. Looked a little rattled at times
Gunter - 6 - Does a hell of a defensive job cleaning up for the centre backs. Tried to over complicate it a bit.
Morrison - 3 - Very poor, rushed back too quickly. Dreadful passing, very complacent, constantly beaten by the forwards.
Pearce - 6 - Powerful presence, didn't do a great deal wrong.
Obita - 5 - Couple of mazy runs but indecisive and naive at times.
McAnuff - 6 - Not his best game by a long stretch and went missing a bit in the second but his work rate in the first was exceptional. Extra point for winning the penalty.
Hector - 6 - Looked confident and passed well. Would have loved his first half strike to have gone in.
Williams - 5 - Not his usual terrier-like self.
McCleary - 5/6 - Didn't get involved much at all, but looked sharp when he did.
HRK - 4 - Poor. Tough game but very ineffectual.
Pog - 4 - See above.

Drenthe - 4 - No influence whatsoever.
Alf - 5 - Barely noticed him
Akpan - N/A - not long enough to make a mark.

I'd be tempted to play Hector alongside Pearce next game, with Guthrie and Akpan/Williams in CM. Le Fondre or Blackman to start.

so someone you barely noticed gets 5 points, 1 more than our goal scorer? strange

Yepp, scoring a penalty instantly means you had a good game. Barely noticed =/= awful.

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 29 Mar 2014 18:37

Shoddy, but a step up compared to Tuesday! Sat behind the North goal so not the most reliable source but I really couldnt believe HRK was the same man who we felt could demand a new contract last season... anonymous. McCarthy blew my mind with 3 top saves, one of which looked to be routine then flew more sporadically than MH370 and he somehow reflung his arm to it. From what I could tell we had a few off the liners in the second half too, good work from the defence all round (aside the Morro error, but it still fell short of the comedy goal nominations we've seen this season). I love Pog, but he DOES go down easily, frustrated me today. Big love for Obita, I fully believe the hype, and despite the poor results I think Jobi back as captain has been a great move - not his greatest performance but for his dedication to the game - as well as keeping those around him looking up - he's well worthy of the armband.

Finally, as a not-so-regular attender, but both of this weeks games I cant believe how poor the north stand is. Felt like one of the only people making any noise, and I'm hardly the loudest person there - people around us seemed to grumble very loudly but barely make a noise of note anytime we did anything well. Now onto a grand total of 5 points out of 27 for my visits, solid returns.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 29 Mar 2014 18:41

bobby1413 What was Mcanuff Doing around the 20th minute. He seemed to be having a go at the fans - or am I mis reading it?

No, he was telling the fans to 'calm down'. This lead from Obita being ahead of him and being harried by two Terriers. The fans (or the ones around me at least) were imploring Jobi to give him some help/provide an option, but he stayed where he was. When the ball went out of play the crowd vented their collective spleen and Jobi then reacted.

Kinda sums it all up. We can see that there's effort there, but the players are just incapable of performing how we think they should. I keep banging on about it, but the first touch is horrific from seasoned professionals. Maybe it's lack of composure caused by the tension in the ground, but this group seems to always find it easier to lose the ball time and time again more than keep it.

Morrison and Williams didn't seem fit. Hector was good for being out of position. McCleary was anonymous again. Obita and McCarthy were out best players by quite some distance.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 29 Mar 2014 18:43

Not quite Utter Shite but nearly, yet another average team make us look crap....on way to car park after game saw a few players including Pog with their Wags done up to the nine pins in bling getting in their £100k cars....just about sums up what bad with football at the moment.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Mar 2014 18:50

We were shit, but much better than the totally embarrassing performance on Tuesday so an improvement, but we still should be beating teams like this at home.

I found the beer tent so everything after than was a bonus.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 29 Mar 2014 19:06

Robson-Kanu running around with bricks in his shorts was a particular highlight for me.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Mar 2014 19:10

Yet again another away team comes to mad stad and plays football passing with ease!! Why do we let teams play?? Passed it around like a training exercise.

This team looks shocking, not worthy of a top 6 place, only reason we are still there is other teams around us are just as bad.

If we do manage to scrape into playoffs let's hope it is against the fake hoops

No one stood out today, no one deserves above a 5 tbh

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 29 Mar 2014 19:12

I'd imagine that we have probably seen the last of Jake Taylor, given that he cannot even be selected ahead of a pretty woeful midfield opinion in the form of Michael Hector.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 29 Mar 2014 19:19

An improvement on Tuesday but that wasn't hard.
One really classy move down the right with several one touch passes that ended in Pog's header being saved.

McCarthy pulled off some top class saves

Gunter & Obita did little wrong. Obita made some good runs forward. Gunter seemed to be keeping back more, presumably to counteract their pace.
Morrison - was glad to see him back in the line up after Tuesday. Unfortunately made a few errors including for the goal. Clearly rusty.
Pearce - solid, looked fairly comfortable on the ball, even succeeded in passing it to hoops, even more surprisingly managed a bit of showboating and didn't muck it up. I've been critical of him for a while but if he an play like this each week there's hope.

Hector - good to see him start, generally solid, one blistering shot from outside box unfortunately straight at keeper.
Williams - some good runs with ball, generally not quite his normal self. Rusty like Morro.
McCleary - another quiet game. Seems to be struggling with form at the moment which, given he can be one of our biggest impact players, is concerning.
McAnuff - good run for the pen. Drifts inside too much.

HRK - poor, looked lost at times.
Pog - a couple of good runs, tucked away the pen nicely, unlucky his header at the end of the quality move down the right was saved. Went down too easily on occasions he wasn't fouled, maybe that is why he gets so little on the many occasions he is fouled.

Drenthe - worries me at the moment. Brought on to change the game but didn't. As we pushed more players forward and he tried something fancy on the left I could see if going wrong and them scoring a breakaway winner. He seems to have had a brief spell when he was scoring or contributing to goals. Now it seems he is back to being someone with lots of ability but no end product. Frustrating.
Alfie - saw little of him despite him having 20 minutes. He thrives on us getting the ball into the box. If we are going to nonce about with it 30-40 yards out on a wing and then muck it up before ever crossing we might as well sell Alfie and put a cardboard cut out of him on instead.
Akpan - brief cameo. A couple of good passes which is a start.

Overall frustrating but a massive improvement on Tuesday's shambles. My glass may have been more empty had the others around us done something.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 29 Mar 2014 19:24

Simply not good enough.

There seems to be a lack of everything at home at the moment. Looking at the players, they really don't seem like they want it, there is a lack of drive and passion.

McCarthy- 7 - Had a good game, 4 or 5 important saves, still very slow and inaccurate distribution.
Gunter-4- Very, very poor defensively summed up by the episode where he conceded a corner.
Morro-4- Unfortunately he was rushed back into it too soon, evidently lacked match fitness and just all over the place
Pearce-6- Did what he had to do. Some poor passing
Obita-7- Encouraging going forward but still hesitant at the back, as expected from a winger.
Hector-6- Always going to be difficult for him, one good shot either side of the keeper it was in. Not too much bad.
Williams-5- See Morro for first bit, not shambles, just wasn't his usual self
McCleary-5- Mr Inconsistent was at the MadStad again, saw him get the ball twice, not good enough.
McAnuff-4- Poor, No leadership, no skill, no end product.
Pog-7- Was only player who looked like he wanted it, working off of scraps. Doesn't get nearly enough praise.
HRK-1- Literally a 1. Worst first touch from a footballer ever, slow, lethargic, couldn't be arsed.

Subs: Ineffective

The only thing that is positive is that none of the clubs around us seem to be taking any initiative to put a good run together. This and our away form will hopefully sneak us into the top 6.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 29 Mar 2014 19:29

Unbelievable Jeff McCarthy- inaccurate distribution.

:|

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 29 Mar 2014 19:32

Very poor but 100% better than Tuesday.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Huddersfield

by tee peg » 29 Mar 2014 19:33

very poor but 100% better than Tuesday.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Mar 2014 19:33

Today we saw the results of having a paper thin squad that lacks quality in depth.

There is no way that either Morro or Williams should have been playing today. Morro in particular played like a player who has not seen any properly competitive football for many months (it cost us a goal) and Williams clearly was a shadow of his former self and someone who probably needed at least another week's hard work on the training ground.

However, if Adkins needed to change things (and people were screaming out for him to do so after Tuesday's shambles) what other choice did he have? Forget saying he should play the youngsters, far too high a risk in the current climate, their confidence could be completely shattered if the crowd started getting on the player's backs.

Adkins needed to be able to make some signings to strengthen the squad in January (he hinted at that in his post match interview when he referred to Huddersfield signing Wells) but he was completely and utterly let down by Zingarevich and Madejski, as indeed were the supporters.

tee peg Very poor but 100% better than Tuesday.

Isn't 100% of f*ck all still f*ck all?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 29 Mar 2014 19:35

Mr.Swainey Robson-Kanu running around with bricks in his shorts was a particular highlight for me.

+1 .what a lump.Not fit IMO.

133 posts