Wigan (A) Match Thread sponsored by Jason Roberts

281 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Wigan (A) Match Thread sponsored by Jason Roberts

by sandman » 18 Apr 2014 17:14

That's the thing with Adkins from the likes of Avon, he's never at fault for anything, it's like watching PMQ's, 'It's not our fault it's the last lot'.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Apr 2014 17:19

sandman That's the thing with Adkins from the likes of Avon, he's never at fault for anything, it's like watching PMQ's, 'It's not our fault it's the last lot'.

Interesting analogy.

Doesn't address the key point though. Unless you are disputing the fact that Adkins hasn't been allowed to bring in his own players, then you have to acknowledge that it is McDermott/Anton's team.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Apr 2014 17:20

sandman That's the thing with Adkins from the likes of Avon, he's never at fault for anything, it's like watching PMQ's, 'It's not our fault it's the last lot'.

They are ALL collectively to blame IMO. Questions now for me are:

1) Does Adkins actually even want to stay having been sold a dud?
2) Will the supporters give him time to make the much needed changes?
3) Is he actually capable of implementing said changes to get us playing some decent winning football?

I personally think he might choose to fcuk off in the summer - he looks as p1ssed off as we all are. If he does stick around, he is treading on very fcuking thin ice with the fans. We will need to start quickly & look good.

For me, he's not really proved his worth so far.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Apr 2014 17:22

Avon Royal

Interesting analogy.

Doesn't address the key point though. Unless you are disputing the fact that Adkins hasn't been allowed to bring in his own players, then you have to acknowledge that it is McDermott/Anton's team.

Why should it be about bringing in his own players. Time and time again tactically hes got it wrong. 2 nil at half time, no changes, waits until we are 3 nil down. You would think there would be a tad more urgency. Its been the same most games. So little urgency shown and it like we wait for the other team to score first at times.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Apr 2014 17:24

MmmMonsterMunch For me, he's not really proved his worth so far.

Well he doesn't have to justify himself to you, does he?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Apr 2014 17:25

MmmMonsterMunch
Victor Meldrew
MmmMonsterMunch All those players are tired & injured. I am trying not to be too harsh but you can tell they're crocked. Why the fcuk didn't Blackman start ahead of McCleary? He could more than do a job & it's harsh he's not seeing any game time IMO.

When has Blackman ever "done a job"?
As for the injuries all clubs have patched-up teams at this time of the year and it becomes a test of stamina and bravery-unfortunately we don't have too many brave ones.

He was actually our best player over the festive period & then got harshly dropped IMO

Well let's hope he does something over what remains of this festive season.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Apr 2014 17:25

P!ssed Off

Oh look it's P!ssed off starting a fight in an empty room again. :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Apr 2014 17:26

People on the radio complaining Adkins has no plan B, he needs to get a plan A first

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Apr 2014 17:26

Victor Meldrew Well let's hope he does something over what remains of this festive season.

Happy fcuking Xmas Reading fans :lol:

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 18 Apr 2014 17:28

50 pages by sundown!!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Apr 2014 17:28

Ascotexgunner
Avon Royal

Interesting analogy.

Why should it be about bringing in his own players. Time and time again tactically hes got it wrong. 2 nil at half time, no changes, waits until we are 3 nil down. You would think there would be a tad more urgency. Its been the same most games. So little urgency shown and it like we wait for the other team to score first at times.

Have never said he doesn't occasionally make mistakes or get things wrong. Just don't think he deserves the rabid vilification that he receives from some of the idiots on here.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Apr 2014 17:29

MmmMonsterMunch
P!ssed Off

Oh look it's P!ssed off starting a fight in an empty room again. :lol:

:?
:lol:
I'm taking the piss of Adkins' "I don't have to justify my team selection", when questioned by Adie a week or so ago.
No need to be so sensitive.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 18 Apr 2014 17:32

Silver Fox People on the radio complaining Adkins has no plan B, he needs to get a plan A first

:lol:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Apr 2014 17:33

P!ssed Off No need to be so sensitive.

Yeah, he should chill out more like you.

chippc

by chippc » 18 Apr 2014 17:45

Don't lose heart. In 2005 we lost 3-1 at Wigan as they won the League, and then we had a rather good season in 2005-2006.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Apr 2014 18:15

chippc Don't lose heart. In 2005 we lost 3-1 at Wigan as they won the League, and then we had a rather good season in 2005-2006.

And we missed out on the playoffs...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Apr 2014 18:19

IN :!: for 107 points next season.

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 18 Apr 2014 18:27

Some of these players need to go. No heart, lack of effort. I love McAnuff & Gorkss, they give 100% commitment every game and would like to see them next season but I fear they'll be told to do one (in the nicest possible way) during the summer.

Big Pog & Drenthe should go too, get the wages down, give Adkins some actual money to spend on a decent striker and get some of the youngsters in (aka Liam Kelly, Harry Cardwell).

Rant over.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Apr 2014 18:35

royal_ross Rant over.

You should see a doctor about your rage.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 18 Apr 2014 18:45

Disappointing as it is to lose, there is no way we are able to be a Premiership club again, we are so ill-equipped with the lack of talent we presently have at our disposal, and as long as this take over drifts on we are best trying to remain where we are. The total blame for this falls right at the feet of the conning Russian bastard, he sold Sir John, Adkins and the supporters a complete bluff with his false lame ambitions.

Adkins takes a fair amount of shit on theses threads, but, look at his other two sides he has managed both played passing, attractive football scored goals and were exciting to watch, we could all see when he came in last year that we neither had the players or the desire to play his way, then the Russian done a runner, after loading us with Drenthe and a second season of Pog, no doubt both on extortionate wages and just left us to it.

Sir John has said or hinted many times this past few months that he isnt in a position to bankroll the club with his other business activities struggling and for what he has done for us over the years we should accept that as fact.

We have been left with a dud pup by the Russian, I would love to know what his arrangements with Adkins were regarding transfer budgets during last years close season ? give Adkins the tools and he will do the job.

281 posts