After which game did Adkins say....

Turnball ACs

After which game did Adkins say....

by Turnball ACs » 18 Apr 2014 17:56

...there's a real togetherness, the players are working really hard in training, we all want the same thing, we're going to give it a really good go in the second half of the season, there's a real positivity blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

God I'm so bored of him and most of the players. I am sad to say this is the least I've enjoyed going to matches for years. BUT, Brentford away next season and Swindon are still in with a shout. And maybe Leyton Orient. And Fulham. Jesus, I'm starting to look forward to next season!!!!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: After which game did Adkins say....

by genome » 18 Apr 2014 17:57

He actually sounded pretty fed up and questioned the player's mentality.

me

by me » 18 Apr 2014 18:00

You could play Adkins bingo with his interviews. Print this off before the next game and play along:

Good Possession of the football []
We move on []
Cross the white line []
Credit to the opposition []
I'm not using it as an excuse []
The fans were great today []
I've got to go away and... []

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 18 Apr 2014 18:01

If the chance of playing in the Premier league isn't getting the players up for it then they must be mental.

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 18 Apr 2014 18:15

To be fair he was as honest as anyone can be without using expletives!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Apr 2014 18:21

Did he say he wasn't up to the job? If not, then not honest enough for my liking

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 18 Apr 2014 18:23

That's it season done & dusted-OK mathematically we are still in for the Play Offs-but we've gone-players don't give a s**t-just looking for their next contract away.

Even the young players who will be staying Obita/Hector/Akpan/Morrison -don't have enough about them to have given it a good go this PM.

WE will see another crap performance on Tuesday night.

As to Adkins-he seemingly has no answer & the situation is now completely beyond him-he would be gone end of season but for the fact that there is no one there to get rid of him. Can we even afford to get rid of him.

I am seriously depressed about RFC-next season the big time Charlie's will be gone-no one of any value will be coming in & someone like Dolan might have to try & manage a shoestring outfit & just try to avoid at best relegation. The annoying thing is that a lot teams in this division with a fraction of our resources have when it mattered outperformed us this season.

But yes I will be buying a season ticket next year & I will stay until the end of games- at least someone is worse at their job than I am -namely the Board/Staff/Management & Players at RFC & some of them get paid more in a week than I do in a year.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Apr 2014 18:24

Did he finally admit the players are not motivated to play under him? Until he realises this, club will never move forward

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 18 Apr 2014 18:24

Just wish we could add
'They were a load of shit. End of. []
I honestly don't know what to do with this lot of crap []
Everything I try turns to shit []
Quite honestly they don't fvcking care - so why should I ? []

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 18 Apr 2014 18:27

Reality is, we have some good players, but are not a team. Individually the squad is better than the one that won us promotion, however the team is disjointed and needs major work, something the manager has not been able to do due to the ownership situation.

It is the easy option to blame he manager, but until he gets a chance to put his stamp on the team it is unfair to judge him.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 18 Apr 2014 18:31

Westwood52
Even the young players who will be staying Obita/Hector/Akpan/Morrison -don't have enough about them to have given it a good go this PM.

Every one says this but if you were scouting, would you be buying the clapped out shite we have at the moment or offer big money and nick our young academy players?

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 18 Apr 2014 18:32

Big Ern Reality is, we have some good players, but are not a team. Individually the squad is better than the one that won us promotion, however the team is disjointed and needs major work, something the manager has not been able to do due to the ownership situation.

It is the easy option to blame he manager, but until he gets a chance to put his stamp on the team it is unfair to judge him.

It's no concidence that when we had a good spell during January/February, Adkins could name the same 11 every week and we played well & understood each other. Agree it's not fair to blame Adkins, he can't be blamed about the injuries and of course the ownership problem affects the players.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Apr 2014 18:40

Can't be blamed for the injuries? Was it not he who got rid of a perfectly good Sports Science department to bring in his own man from Saints? As Kevin Dillon said on BBCRB two weeks ago, if you have that many injuries its not just down to bad luck.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2014 19:06

He looked like he was fooking fuming and not at all happy with the players.

An honest and brief interview of why Wigan were better and we were poor. No PMA cliches.
sandman Can't be blamed for the injuries? Was it not he who got rid of a perfectly good Sports Science department to bring in his own man from Saints? As Kevin Dillon said on BBCRB two weeks ago, if you have that many injuries its not just down to bad luck.

Ignoring that our injury record was poor before the replacement.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 18 Apr 2014 19:49

Turnball ACs ...there's a real togetherness, the players are working really hard in training, we all want the same thing, we're going to give it a really good go in the second half of the season, there's a real positivity blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

He's a believer in confidence. He wants the players to feel it and he wants the fans to feel it too. I can't fault him for that, even if it is the same old cheese every week. It's certainly better than "we move on".

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Apr 2014 20:22

Big Ern

He's had a year Ernie lad

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Apr 2014 20:41

me You could play Adkins bingo with his interviews. Print this off before the next game and play along:

We move on []
Cross the white line []

As you could with any manager other then nut jobs like Di Canio and Holloway.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 18 Apr 2014 20:45

Big Ern Reality is, we have some good players, but are not a team. Individually the squad is better than the one that won us promotion, however the team is disjointed and needs major work, something the manager has not been able to do due to the ownership situation.

Pretty much this - although I'm not sure that "individually the squad is better...."

I actually feel sorry for the Form Teacher. He's had to work in an ever changing environment, been really unlucky with injuries and made a couple of poor "big name" signings yet he's managed to remain enthusiastic. His track record says he's not a bad physio.

I'm not sure but we probably can;t afford to get rid of him - and nor should we. I'm looking forward to next season - and probably the next two after that - when we have a major clear out, focus on youth development and build a team. And I miss Division 3.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 19 Apr 2014 11:26

Silver Fox
Big Ern

He's had a year Ernie lad

But only one transfer window where he could realistically do anything, and that included Anton's whimsy. He needs another crack at it. See how we are come January. If there's no obvious progression by then, we, um, move on*.

*unless the new owner decides to get rid anyway.

jellytot

by jellytot » 19 Apr 2014 15:07

me You could play Adkins bingo with his interviews. Print this off before the next game and play along:

We move on []
Cross the white line []

And applicable to every manager..