After which game did Adkins say....

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

Re: After which game did Adkins say....

by Royal Biscuitman » 22 Apr 2014 11:12

loyalroyal4life Did he finally admit the players are not motivated to play under him? Until he realises this, club will never move forward

Pardew had a similar situation at Reading which he identified and got out of by replacing his assistant manager for one who could motivate the masses - Martin Allen.

If he does go, I think we should give Brendan Rogers a call and offer him a second chance. I'm sure he'd jump a the chance of returning to the big time with us. :wink:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: After which game did Adkins say....

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Apr 2014 11:23

bcubed
Avon Royal
AthleticoSpizz My lack of connectivity is rapidly being aimed at our "fans".

This^

Some people have decided that they are never going to support Adkins simply because he has committed the heinous crime of not being McDermott.

I don't know about others but I simply don't warm to him. He just does not come across as down to earth as Coppell or McD and he seems a bit false. If I was interviewing him I would not think, Yes this is someone I could do business with. Just gut feel I guess but that's why there is a lack of connectivity for me

He's like Brendan Rogers - two dimensional persona. If he does well, nobody minds. If he fails, there is nothing really there to like.